once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 210 of 220 FirstFirst ... 110160200207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3297

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

  1. #3136

    Default

    ^yeah i feel that way about jldark, aquaman, frankenstein and demon knights...i might drop them, but then they'll fuck around and become great

    wolverine solo book is cool, but i need to cut my pull list down, and alot of the $4 marvel books need to go

    fantastic four 600 was pretty epic, but ff 12 was terrible...and hickman takes too long to tell the story, so i'm thinking of dropping those too.

    did you get defenders #1? my store didn't get any copies, i'll probably get it this week

  2. #3137

    Default

    yeah, i peeped defenders.
    not bad. a lot of the typical getting to know characters you already know bullshit, but i've always liked the premise for that team.

    but its another fucking 4 dollar book. greedy marvel fucks. lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  3. #3138

  4. #3139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    defenders is marvels JLD
    lol word?




    what dc books are you sticking with, dusk?
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 12-14-2011 at 10:47 AM.

  5. #3140

    Default

    yeah, i guess it could be the marvel jl dark.
    only more happened in the first issue of defenders then all thats happened the entire first stroyline of jl dark. and a lot didnt happen in defenders (except the last 2 pages). and fraction writing iron fist again could be worth it.

    bendis' new baby moon knight keeps getting better. hope this one lasts a while with this creative team.

    and am i the only one who finds the new tmnt book amazingly lame? wish they'd go black and white with it and make it a creators playground without any real continuity. and maybe drop it a dollar. lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  6. #3141
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,508
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    What's the difference between:

    Action Comics/Superman

    Batman/Detective Comics/Dark Knight/Batman & Robin (I guess the other 3 don't have a lot of Robin in them?)

    I just ordered Batman #1 and Justice League #1. Might try Superman #1 aswell.

  7. #3142
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    i meant its direction, i know of the old school team

    Batman, Flash, Action Comics, JL, batwoman, green lantern, swamp thing, animal man and frankenstein..think thats it, had to make a diesel chop, money's tight

  8. #3143

    Default

    ^I hear you...I just moved into a house...so my pull list is getting drastically chopped...now that school's out i can catch up on my reading and decide what i wanna keep (some books i'm months behind on...the shit i feen for i read immediately though)

    no 'wonder woman', though? that's one of their best books, imo

    goddamn it x-force...goddamn...i need to re-read the whole series now...that was good comics.

    what else can be said about batwoman? williams is god

    i got defenders #1...thought it was pretty good, but the characterizations of doctor strange and silver surfer seem kind of off to me...iron fist and red she hulk were pretty cool though...might pick up #2





    buy this.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 12-15-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  9. #3144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    What's the difference between:

    Action Comics/Superman

    Batman/Detective Comics/Dark Knight/Batman & Robin (I guess the other 3 don't have a lot of Robin in them?)

    I just ordered Batman #1 and Justice League #1. Might try Superman #1 aswell.
    Action Comics is set in the past when Supes was younger, Superman is 'present day'...neither are very good in my opinion

    Batman and Batman and Robin are worth reading (Batman in particular...#1 is ok but the next 2 issues are great) Detective Comics and Dark Knight have really poor writing and aren't worth. Justice League is ok in a mindless way...great art.

  10. #3145
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,508
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Thanks for the info!

    I ordered Batman #1, Justice League #1 and The Amazing Spider-Man #675.

    I'll probably stick to Batman and Spider-Man (if I like it) but I'm interested to see what the Justice League is about.

  11. #3146
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^I hear you...I just moved into a house...so my pull list is getting drastically chopped...now that school's out i can catch up on my reading and decide what i wanna keep (some books i'm months behind on...the shit i feen for i read immediately though)

    no 'wonder woman', though? that's one of their best books, imo

    goddamn it x-force...goddamn...i need to re-read the whole series now...that was good comics.

    what else can be said about batwoman? williams is god

    i got defenders #1...thought it was pretty good, but the characterizations of doctor strange and silver surfer seem kind of off to me...iron fist and red she hulk were pretty cool though...might pick up #2





    buy this.
    absolutely

  12. #3147
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    and ya man ideally id get all the books i like that i needed to drop but if i cant get them, i aint gettin no WW feel me? lmao

  13. #3148

    Default

    re: batman incorporated: leviathan strikes

    batman, inc...oh how i've missed your drug-like insanity...everything about it was top notch, except that they didn't just staple it instead of doing a bind...ruined some of the double page spreads

    chris burnham is amazing...cameron stewart's no slouch either...time to re-read the whole series

    nothing else i bought this week will be fucking with this...should've read it last lol

  14. #3149
    frieza saga oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CCCGTEHQ
    Posts
    18,472
    Rep Power
    74

    Default

    its literally the only thing i bought today..lol ill get my other shit friday probably

  15. #3150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    re: batman incorporated: leviathan strikes

    batman, inc...oh how i've missed your drug-like insanity...everything about it was top notch, except that they didn't just staple it instead of doing a bind...ruined some of the double page spreads

    chris burnham is amazing...cameron stewart's no slouch either...time to re-read the whole series

    nothing else i bought this week will be fucking with this...should've read it last lol
    I might buy this. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •