once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 180 of 220 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182183190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3297

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    nah, mcfarlane doesnt do spawn anymore, i think. they changed spawn's identity to someone else too, its not al simmons anymore which is just stupid. but spawn comics have always been kinda a mess. great character though.

the last thing i remember mcfarlane pencilling was a comic called "haunt", i think. it seemed kinda like a spawn/venom/spiderman/demon hybrid. i dont know for sure cause i didnt read it.
    damn man him and greg capullo were the shit imo

greg capullo is actually the one doing the penciling in that series..well at first he was just doin outlines with uh, whats his face doing pncils (i regret forgetting his name, hes a sick artist) todd just does them digital inks and co plots.

i liked New Avengers also...shit was mad funny.

heroes for hire was WAAAAYY better than i thought it was gonna be. it was "birds of prey" with better characters and a more efficient way of operating. i hope this title can keep up this level of quality and doesnt decline rapidly. really good stuff.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

^the art is shit though, everything from the excessive detailing to the page layouts to the panel composition...it just looked ugly imo. It was nice to see Falcon be more than Cap's sidekick, though.

NA #7...THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! Too bad it's Immonen's last issue.

^the stupidest thing about the spider-man one is that almost the exact same thing happened to him a few months later.

and i thought god (aka jack kirby) drawing the thing back into existence was so over the top and ridiculous that it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    NA #7...THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! Too bad it's Immonen's last issue.
    was not aware
    gonna go cry now

yeah. apparently they drafted immonen to do the next big marvel event so they are gonna have acuna do an issue, then deodato's gonna do a story arc.

i didnt despise the art in heroes for hire as much as you did, pandemic. i think its the same guy who used to draw guardians of the galaxy. his detailed style might have fit that space book better, but i still really enjoyed h4h #1. misty knights always been a favorite.

and in issue #14 of justice league:generation lost captain atom encountered a future version of the justice league. it had a plastic man clone, a female shazam and a 120 something year old Damien Wayne as batman!! he apparently uses the lazarus pit like his granddaddy. kinda random, but cool.lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

^yeah, brad walker drew guardians of the galaxy after pelletier stopped drawing and it eventually caused me to drop that series...there's just something about it i don't like, plus all the females are hideous lol

the cast is great though, i'll check it out because i'm sure it'll be cancelled after 5 or 6 issues anyway (like doctor voodoo, sword, atlas, hawkeye/mockingbird, etc)

The latest New Avengers was awesome, nothing really happened in it but it was great.

I almost feel obligated to catch up now haha you guys cant praise this issue enough lol.

^jesus christ, make them stop.