Page 216 of 220 FirstFirst ... 116166206213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3297

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

  1. #3226

    Default

    can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
    Non Ignorants




    RIP

  2. #3227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    can y'all help me out real quick

    which series is better:

    100 Bullets or Y the Last Man
    i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.

    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
    current series?

    saga
    manhattan projects
    daredevil
    prophet
    fatale
    batman incorporated (starts a new series later this month)

  3. #3228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    can ppl name their top 5 favorite comics... or something near that amount if you can only narrow it down to like 8, been trying to figure out some new stuff to peep
    Daredevil
    Batman
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine and the X-Men

  4. #3229

    Default

    Just wondering if there are any artists on here willing to submit some fan art to my website, [url]www.comicsthegathering.com

    Sign up is simple, a username and password. Then hover over the community tab and a menu will drop down. Submit any art to the fan art section. Thanks in advance to anyone that submits.

  5. #3230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th Chamber View Post
    Daredevil
    Batman
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Wolverine and the X-Men
    i second all of these, except maybe wolverine and the x-men (the first 7 or so issues are great, i dropped it because of the AvX silliness)

  6. #3231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
    i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
    me too. i recommend scalped above most.

    and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?


    and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

    yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  7. #3232

    Default

    ^i just can't get over how irrational everyone's acting, i can see the 'seams' or the 'puppet strings' way too much to enjoy it, it all seems forced...i'd rather read claremont/jrjr 80s x-men than this, which ironically featured wolverine attempting to kill rachel summers because she had the phoenix force (of course she went on to have the phoenix force for years and it wasn't a big deal to anyone, even when it left her it was treated as a minor plot point)

    to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

    i'd give the first incognito a 8.5/9 and the bad influences an 8, i guess...

    i don't think i'm that difficult to please, but compare brubaker's writing on any of his creator-owned stuff to his marvel stuff and it feels like he's dumbing it down (that goes for bendis and hickman too...i can read aaron's marvel stuff and not feel like he's insulting my intelligence, and his stuff manages to be a lot more whimsical and 'out there' than the other guys involved with the AvX stuff)

  8. #3233

    Default

    cool. ima probably get that ultimate incognito hc they got coming out. bru & phillips are the shit.


    i have a theory about a vs x. emma frost is controlling not only cyclops, but also captain america. hence why they're acting totally out of character.


    and claremont/jrjr x-men = my personal favorite x-men run of all time. his wolvie is only second to jim lees.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  9. #3234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
    to me it feels less a jam session and more like editorial/marketing gave them some bullet points they needed to hit and they had to develop a story around it.

    )
    damn it.

    why you gotta always be right. lol
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  10. #3235

    Default

    ^in this case i wish i wasn't lol

    you should also check out "sleeper" if you haven't already

    and the claremont/paul smith/jrjr era of uncanny (160s-210s) is awesome...i didn't even read most of it until i was in college in the 'essential x-men' books and i love it so hard.


    how can you not fuck with that?






  11. #3236

    Default

    hell yeah.

    a personal favorite.




    not much fucking with that.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

    https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

  12. #3237

    Default

    ^yeah that issue was really good, even though piotr is a pedo.

    also, the issue where they're in japan and fight a dragon is good times.

  13. #3238
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    the ass
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    uncanny x-men vol 1 is the shizz. ive been collectin those for yrs.
    currently fukkin wit

    uncanny x-men vol 2 and wolverine and the x-men they str8.

    on a side note the new TMNT series is peace too.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

  14. #3239

    Default

    is the book life and death of superman any good

  15. #3240
    Non-Ignorants Poetic Wun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lamest City, Earth
    Posts
    2,222
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LIONEL HUTZ View Post
    i personally couldn't get into either of those; i'd recommend 'criminal' or 'scalped' ahead of either.
    Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    me too. i recommend scalped above most.

    and pandemic, incognito by brubaker & phillips. have you read it? and if so what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?


    and i know im supposed to be all cynical and nitpicky. but i just read the first chunk of avengers vs xmen and i gotta say.......i enjoyed it. good jam session between writers who grew up on 80s marvel continuity and are just expanding on/playing with all that.

    yes. most of these heroes are acting WAY out of character for this thing. but as far as colorful cape comics go, its a lot matchups your inner child might enjoy reading. and honestly jrjr's art is great to me. reminds me of his old x-men stuff from back in the day.
    Thanks y'all, i'll check that series out.

    lol "colorful cape comics"
    I'll always love them first & foremost
    As for Avx, i agree this series is trying to tackle those childhood "VS" debates... but personally i cant stand JRJR... he is stoic and very 1,2 structured... he reminds me of an untalented Frank Miller.

    Daredevil & Uncanny X-Force is where Marvels at...
    Then Justice League Dark, I-Vampire & Wonder Woman take my top 5... WW for some reason has caught my attention this time around... maybe i've just always hoped she'd have a better series to somehow justify her membership on JL.
    Speaking of-- anyone read Spaceman??

    Lots of good stuff tho, Amazing Spider-Man is good Swamp Thing/Animal Man is good in conjunction with 1 another... I dig Supergirl a lil too



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •