once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 70 of 220 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3297

Thread: Comic Book Discussion Thread

ya thats pretty gnarly^^ btw does anyone kno y tim Drakes name is now officially Tim Wayne? is it cuz he was adopted legally by him?

^^^ya, tim's dad was killed by captain boomerang or whatever his name is in the identity crisis miniseries and then bruce officially adopted him.
    that's why tim was so salty when damien came into the picture, because by that point him and bruce were like father and son.

who is the chick in the psylocke sig?

Quote Originally Posted by KZA View Post
    lol a sad day... inescapeable was right tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    daredevil has been one of marvels best (if not THE BEST) series for 4-5 years now. just really, really good stuff.

daredevil the list was pretty good. they changed the hand ninja outfits to honor their new leader slightly (corny), but other than that not bad. bullseye has just become one of my favorite villains ever since joining the thunderbolts.
    my man! nice to hear this... DD is a constant of mine... it has its fall outs with "great" and resides to "eh" at times but it has been a great series.
    exactly what i was thinking tho.
    i was disappointed at the suits only cause i figured the series to be better than that but nothing horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    ^^^ya, tim's dad was killed by captain boomerang or whatever his name is in the identity crisis miniseries and then bruce officially adopted him.
    that's why tim was so salty when damien came into the picture, because by that point him and bruce were like father and son.

who is the chick in the psylocke sig?
    i hated that aspect of the Bat story... i understand but ..."c'mon son"... this was some b.s. "drama" that could have easily been left out.
    i figure it was to give them a feel for their "humanityness" but this wasn't necessary... and i keep buying...

so another contender for SOG huh?... i didnt like it originally but i might try it again.

---------
    idk who's in the sig, Style ran over it while perusing for someone elses sig and we'd been pm'ing back n fourth about comics at the time.
    the next day= there she was in all her glory! lol

^^^sog is fairly good, now that they're doing something with zsasz it should get even better...plus you can't go wrong with nguyen's art

was the dardevil as leader of the hand thing something brubaker did or andy diggle? who's drawing the book now?

lol

ain't nothing change but the address...

the hand thing was what brubaker left the book on.

and roberto delatorre is drawing it.

thanks guys lol

de la torre's a good artist...hopefully they'll let him stay on dd instead of shuffling him around like they did on ms.marvel and iron man.

ya billy tan is doin the list...idk if i dug what i saw that much.

yeah i wasnt impressed too much either. i haven't been sold on DR anything come to think of it. the whole series doesn't seem to live up to what COULD have been i guess.

Tan doesnt seem to have left the early 90s era style imo.

^^^ya he kind of seems like a marc silvestri knock off bt his figure work looks kind of stocky and bloated.

and yes dark reign has failed to live up to it's potential, except for the odd moment of supervillainy backstabbing which is always entertaining lol

im so tired of complete take overs tho...somebody knock bendis off his high horse...lets get back to the normal status quo...eloels.

^^^when was the last time the status quo was normal lol

i hear you on the complete takeovers, it makes the books too interdependent...every marvel book has osborn and hammer in it, just like post civil war every book had shield and a requisite tony stark appearances. once this climaxes with steve rogers killing osborn (heh) they need to put books back in their own world and not have each and every one reflecting the current 'regime' lol

i don't think it's bendis so much as quesada letting bendis run the show...i really feel like quesada should step down and let someone else take over...most of the shit ideas came from his mandates (m-day, end of the spider-marriage)...and then he can go back to penciling where he should be lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Wun View Post
    the whole series doesn't seem to live up to what COULD have been i guess.
    this is why high concept ideas like this should be fleshed out in their own miniseries instead of as line-wide events that takeover the whole continuity.

can you imagine a 12-issue series focused entirely on the cabal and the dark avengers by bendis and maleev or bendis and deodato or fuck it, let warren ellis write it, someone depraved enough to really make it count lol...and it wasn't crossing over with other books but was just telling it's own story? it would probably be a classic.