Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: Hardcore Gangsta Rap

  1. #16
    . JerseyIronman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Jeruz
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    In all seriousness, I don't necessarily hate thoughtful rap, and I respect it's right to exist more than I would say, Nelly.

    BUT, for me, personally, it is not something I would want to listen to.

    Not to get too existential over here, but I look at movies, music, television, etc., purely as forms of entertainment.
    Thats pretty strict Irondan, even the most mindless violent ridden rap has some degree informaiton/knowledge/thoughts that are passed on.

    Im not saying you should form your life views from songs like Protect ya Neck but there is usually some sort of morals or concept in a song. Its one of the first ways man passed on stories to each other.

    Basically I think music and some sort of "thoughtfulness" are always gonna go hand in hand




  2. #17
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyIronman View Post
    Thats pretty strict Irondan, even the most mindless violent ridden rap has some degree informaiton/knowledge/thoughts that are passed on.

    Im not saying you should form your life views from songs like Protect ya Neck but there is usually some sort of morals or concept in a song. Its one of the first ways man passed on stories to each other.

    Basically I think music and some sort of "thoughtfulness" are always gonna go hand in hand
    Well, technically, every form of media and communication has SOME kind of thought involved in it.

    I am saying that I don't like overt preachiness in my music, although for some reason, I find it somewhat cute and endearing when RZA does it.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  3. #18
    "Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    This thread is dedicated to real gangsta rap, which seems to no longer exists anymore.

    When I was but a young lad growing up in a lovely suburban neighborhood in the 3rd grade, I listened to various types of music, including Hammer and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

    Then, one day, my friend gave me a copy of NWA's 100 Miles and Runnin, and my life changed.

    I was intrigued. All of the cursing, sexual braggadocio, and senseless violence captivated me, like a movie that my parents would be hesitant to let me watch.

    I instantly fell in love with rap. NWA, the Dayton Family, the Ghetto Boys, PSK, Cube, the Down South Hustlaz, MC Eiht, etc.

    Then Pac and Biggie came along and gave it a soul(before they died).

    Basically, every last one of them was "fronting" and came from poor neighborhoods, but went to magnet schools and were in the drama club and shit, but I didn't give a fuck.

    It was great! It was a whole different world for me. I was a young, white suburban kid from an affluent community, and I couldn't get enough of the characters that these men had created strictly for my entertainment.

    Understand, rap music is made for "the people", but genres are sustained by suburban white kids. Essentially, suburban white kids control the direction of rap music, and I loved it when we created this gangsta craze.

    Now as far as the bling-bling era, I didn't necessarily hate it, but it was much weaker than the hardcore gangsta shit. Most of these assholes rent their jewely and cars for their videos.

    I AM an affluent suburbanite, I don't want to hear about how well you're doing. I'm doing well myself. Shit, my dad makes more in a year than most of you faggots, but he buys stock and fattens his retirement fund instead of buying spinning rims and various rings.

    But whatever, I love old-school Cash Money, and I could deal with it.

    But now, popular rap music is watered-down bullshit that essentially revolves around meaningless hooks and dance crazes, and once again, it is because of suburban white kids. What I'm saying is, suburban white kids of my generation were much cooler than suburban white kids of today.

    I don't know exactly how it happened, but I blame Nelly.

    AND FINALLY, most rap that is "spiritual" or "educational" or "deep" is in fact gay as shit. If you listen to rap music to educate yourself, develop your spirituality, or formulate your opinions on life, you are a total fag.

    Wu dropped some spirituality, but they covered in up nicely with drugs, dope lyrics, guns, dope beats, and ODB and RZA making funny noises.

    Does anybody else yearn for the good old days of hardcore studio gangstas?

    Discuss, faggots.

    Haha. WOW. Good Job. You've Made Your Point.

    I bet you gave yourself QUITE the pat on the back after typing that, huh?

    SMH at the guys replying to it... "Uhhh... Yeah, My fav. gangsta rappers are...."

    Lol. Go Listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

  4. #19
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Spray View Post
    Haha. WOW. Good Job. You've Made Your Point.

    I bet you gave yourself QUITE the pat on the back after typing that, huh?

    SMH at the guys replying to it... "Uhhh... Yeah, My fav. gangsta rappers are...."

    Lol. Go Listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    I do not understand your point.

    I realize that you an actual gangster, because your user name on a wu-tang website is "AK Spray", but I am not sure what you are getting at.

    Is it because of the cultural differences in our upbringings?

    Gangsta Rap became popular because of my people. Please don't try to take it away from me.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  5. #20
    "Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Lol. My point is this... which I very well know... YOU GET...

    Your thought process was "Huhuh.. I'm gonna go on here and talk down to these hip-hoppers... and they won't even realize it. huhuh." Plus you sling "Nigga" around a good bit. That's verrrrry respectful.

    So, I said... go listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Where as you think you molded the face of Rap... you did not.

    NWA was a gimmick, straight up and down.. ONYX was a gimmick, straight up and down... An updated version of a Minstrel show to you, yeah?

    Anyways... Most west coast gangster rap WAS a gimmick, and some NY shit as well. While, most groups such as Wu-Tang (who started off not very gimmicky, but took a turn with the Killa Beez), M.O.P., the whole Duck Down Crew, etc. etc. were actual artists.

    And as in your response to listening to Rap to enlighten yourself is "silly"?

    Well, Go listen to KRS-One's "Return Of The Boom Bap", and tell me you're not enlightened.

    You may get the responses you like from most kids here, or the ones who don't understand english fully... But, I'm not one of 'em.. And as I said before... You've made your point.


    PEACE


    Faggot?


    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    I do not understand your point.

    I realize that you an actual gangster, because your user name on a wu-tang website is "AK Spray", but I am not sure what you are getting at.

    Is it because of the cultural differences in our upbringings?

    Gangsta Rap became popular because of my people. Please don't try to take it away from me.

  6. #21
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Spray View Post
    Lol. My point is this... which I very well know... YOU GET...

    Your thought process was "Huhuh.. I'm gonna go on here and talk down to these hip-hoppers... and they won't even realize it. huhuh." Plus you sling "Nigga" around a good bit. That's verrrrry respectful.

    So, I said... go listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Where as you think you molded the face of Rap... you did not.

    NWA was a gimmick, straight up and down.. ONYX was a gimmick, straight up and down... An updated version of a Minstrel show to you, yeah?

    Anyways... Most west coast gangster rap WAS a gimmick, and some NY shit as well. While, most groups such as Wu-Tang (who started off not very gimmicky, but took a turn with the Killa Beez), M.O.P., the whole Duck Down Crew, etc. etc. were actual artists.

    And as in your response to listening to Rap to enlighten yourself is "silly"?

    Well, Go listen to KRS-One's "Return Of The Boom Bap", and tell me you're not enlightened.

    You may get the responses you like from most kids here, or the ones who don't understand english fully... But, I'm not one of 'em.. And as I said before... You've made your point.


    PEACE


    Faggot?
    You, my friend, are a sensitive bitch who takes shit too seriously.

    I feel like it was pretty obvious that my post was not only somewhat self-deprecating, but also to be taken tongue-in-cheek.

    Rap music will never enlighten me, because I'm not stupid. KRS-ONE might be a good entertainer, but he's never going to enlighten me, because I'm smarter than him.

    If he brings up good points that provide a positive influence to a misguided youth, then good for him, and good for the youth, but that is not what I, personally, am looking for.

    And, lastly, I am guessing that you are an Eastern-European, which is fine, but hip-hop does not want, or need, Eastern-European whiteboys who call themselves "AK Spray" to defend it on message boards.

    Lighten up, pussy. Learn to take a joke.

    I AM HIP-HOP.

    Why don't you go listen to some David Hassellhoff?
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  7. #22
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    By the way "AK Spray", I just visited your myspace music space, and you have done a lot more to hurt hip-hop than my initial joke of a post ever could.

    Look at you, faggot:



    Weak-ass, bitch.




    "Go listen to Lynryrd Skynryd"

    Bitch, please.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Spray View Post
    ONYX was a gimmick, straight up and down... An updated version of a Minstrel show to you, yeah?
    Bitch please....

  9. #24
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,360
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Attack of da bald heads !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.





  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Attack of da bald heads !!!
    Word The Fuck Up....

    Ain't nobody got shit on Onyx....

  11. #26

    Default

    i forgot about btnh they crazy as fuck, tech n9ne should be their too but i think his is more of that abstract shit, but bone thugs with the creepin on ah come up and e 1999 were one some shit, that track die die die is so dope, and yo irondan, if u wanna listen to some hard kgr, give live and let die a spin and definitely 4,5,6, onyx is fuckin dope they aint no gimmick, wut the fuck.
    Last edited by spiggity_ace; 11-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    KRS-ONE might be a good entertainer, but he's never going to enlighten me, because I'm smarter than him.
    Ahahahaha please stop you're killing me hahahah.

    Now seriously...

    When i started listening to hip hop i was all into some underground shit, kind a social concoius rap, and i adored rza's dropping of knowledge. I was all into social concious rap.
    And then i discovered Mobb Deep.
    Even if it was never the kinda music that represents me and my life, i liked it for the same reason as you wrote on your first post on this thread. But it was HARD it was RAW and something ultimatevly strange to me. Drug slinging, bustin gunz and all that.....
    I still listen mobb deep, and i like listening old dre and old snoop and joints like Deep Cover.

    But you must appreciate all aspects of hip hop. If you are realy HIP HOP you should go in diferent chambers whether is underground or mainstream, whether is gangsta rap or social concious rap. I liked when rza dropped knowledge back in the days(impossible, gravediggaz, i cant go to sleep) cause it was all wraped in dope music and dope wordplay, and you could just bump some songs and enjoy or you could realy listen and get stuned.
    Now he is acting like he wants to put it in your head by force.

    If you REALY look at rap as ONLY of meaning of entertaiment,
    than you shouldn't listen it.
    If you ARE HIP HOP , LEARN to appreciate other aspects of the genre and don't be so ignorant.

  13. #28
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,950
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    ^^You busted me. I'm not really hip-hop. Hip-Hop is nothing but the name given to a genre of commercial music.

    But I'm also not ignorant. In fact, I am so not ignorant that I do not need rap music to advise me, guide me, or help me find meaning in life.

    But when you said

    "If you REALY look at rap as ONLY of meaning of entertainment, than you shouldn't listen to it."

    I disagree with that statement. Why shouldn't I entertain myself?

    I feel like if someone is like "Wow! this is awesome! I'm going to buy a gun and be a thug!", then they are the ones who shouldn't listen.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    I disagree with that statement. Why shouldn't I entertain myself?
    Of course you should entertain, i didn't say that, and thats one aspect.
    but hip hop goes in various directions, and it seems like you're going in strictly one...

    Of course it's bad if you take every rapper that tries to be clever granted and look at his verses as bible or something.
    All in all its all related, as someone sad already here. Entertaiment and message goes together in hip hop. Thats why it is hip hop.
    It is not politics nor science and also its not a circus. Its Hip Hop


    peace

  15. #30
    "Dawnin' On A New Day..." AK Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,958
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irondan1 View Post
    You, my friend, are a sensitive bitch who takes shit too seriously.

    I feel like it was pretty obvious that my post was not only somewhat self-deprecating, but also to be taken tongue-in-cheek.

    Rap music will never enlighten me, because I'm not stupid. KRS-ONE might be a good entertainer, but he's never going to enlighten me, because I'm smarter than him.

    If he brings up good points that provide a positive influence to a misguided youth, then good for him, and good for the youth, but that is not what I, personally, am looking for.

    And, lastly, I am guessing that you are an Eastern-European, which is fine, but hip-hop does not want, or need, Eastern-European whiteboys who call themselves "AK Spray" to defend it on message boards.

    Lighten up, pussy. Learn to take a joke.

    I AM HIP-HOP.

    Why don't you go listen to some David Hassellhoff?
    Actually.. I in fact DO have a couple of Hasselhoff joints on my computer...

    I Got "Du" and "Do The Limbo Dance", SON!


    I GOT NATIVE AMERICAN IN ME!!!

    And in response to me bein' sensitiiiive... I'm sorry.. I just found your demeanor to be prettty offensive...

    Arrogance, (when it comes from nowhere) alllllways gets on my nerves.

    And thank you for taking the time to go find my mixtape, and to repost the picture.

    And, I love how clever you are to poke fun at my online handle... Very Nice, "Irondan".

    Irondan is like... Oh my god.... sooo much more intimidating.

    Hairspray only lasts so long... But IRON?!?!??! Forever.


    And don't give me that bullshit... KRS-One isn't as smart as you? You come on here to start shit with ppl ON YOUR COMPUTER??? And your intellectually superior?? Yeeeeeah, that's credible.


    Get Ya Vocab Up... Get Ya Wit Up.

    Ridicule is The Poor Man's Wit.... YA BIG DUMMY!!!

    Ima go play Game Boy COLOR!! Pokemon Pinball... GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!





    Eat Asshole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •