once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: The Voynich Manuscript and The Codex Seraphinanius

  1. #1

    Default The Voynich Manuscript and The Codex Seraphinanius

    Old book full of Astronimical, historical and Herbal scripts, but no one knows what the hell it is saying, because it is written in an unknown language.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript























    This one's a bit different, still in an undecipeherable language, but its by a known author, who made a book describing the unknown. I thought i'd add it because the front cover seems to hint at REPTILAINS interbreeding with humans, which is a KTL flava of the month


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Seraphinianus



  2. #2
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    also believed to be a hoax, then again why go through the long effort to produce it?

    very interesting though. weird how they cannot decipher that, but found the means to decipher hieroglyphics with the rosetta stone.

  3. #3

    Default

    intresting, i never heard of this good post

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
    also believed to be a hoax, then again why go through the long effort to produce it?

    .
    think again
    Experts determine age of book 'nobody can read'

    http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-experts-age.html


  5. #5

    Default

    I wonder if anybody decided to hold it up to a mirror? It looks transposed to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  6. #6
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    think again
    Experts determine age of book 'nobody can read'

    http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-experts-age.html
    whats your point in relation to mine again?

  7. #7

    Default

    intriguing

  8. #8
    7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I wonder if anybody decided to hold it up to a mirror? It looks transposed to me.
    right?

    checks this out

    FROM VOYNICH:



    no large worries, until you flip it around



    hmmm

    my thoughts onn the Voynich script (based of the illustrations) is that the majority ofs the book pertains to the genetics of plants and cross breeding

    https://poisonflowerz.bandcamp.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PoiSoNFLoWeRZ
    ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷

  9. #9
    The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Double Barreled Snot Gun
    Age
    4
    Posts
    15,094
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    Old book full of Astronimical, historical and Herbal scripts, but no one knows what the hell it is saying, because it is written in an unknown language.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript









    possibly has something to do with the 7 sisters and their contribution to the duality of man

  10. #10
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    514 - MTL - 514
    Posts
    946
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hmmmmmmmm..............

  11. #11

    Default

    Many people have studied it and concluded that it is a real language, especially since it conforms to Zipf's Law.

    Could they be fertility goddesses? Symbolic of creation?

    If it obeys Zipfs Law then it's a real language. Dolphin and whale song also obeys this law.

  12. #12

    Default

    The entire Voynich Manuscript is available to download here as a PDF:

    http://awesta.sibirjak.ru/files/Voynich.pdf



    something to ponder over:
    In Illuminati IV Chris Everard reckons that the women in the water are the Greek oracles and that the pipes are spirit trumpets. I doubt the second bit; the pipes look more like plumbing of some kind connected to the pools of water.

    Everard also says that the Voynich Manuscript is definitely a grimoire, a book of magick spells. Interestingly the pages were not originally numbered, but somebody has written numbers, in conventional Arabic digits, in the corners and Everard claims that the handwriting is John Dee's. Dee was an occultist and magician employed by Queen Elizabeth I.
    Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 02-15-2011 at 02:44 PM.

  13. #13
    HANIF Urban_Journalz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Inner Realms of Outer Space
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I'm glad someone posted about this. This manuscript has intrigued me for a while now. I still say that there is someone alive who can translate it, they just choose not to. I also wonder if any of you know about The Ica Stones?
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

  14. #14

    Default

    In 1935 Zipf described a number of relationships in texts that he suggested were due to a "principle of least effort" in the use of language. He showed that in normal writing the frequency of a particular word is inversely proportional to its rank, once all the words have been sorted by decreasing frequency. Secondly that the number of infrequent words is inversely proportional to their frequency and finally that the number of syllables is inversely proportional to the frequency of use of a word. The first (and most important) characteristic is present in the Voynich manuscript text, as shown in Figure 3. The first Zipf law is represented by a straight line with a slope of -1. The characteristic small deviation from this line found in natural languages is also observed for the Voynich manuscript language.

    Figure 3. A rank-frequency (Zipf's plot) of several texts: voynich (Friedman's first study group transcription), roget (Roget's Thesaurus), republic (Plato's Republic), Emma (Jane Austen), Alice (Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll). Note that all, (except the Roget's Thesaurus which is a collection of very short definitions and cross referenced words) follow the same trend of a slope of -1 in the log-log plot. There are 2 more Zipf's "laws" which were also found in the Voynich manuscript (available at: http://web.bham.ac.uk/G.Landini/evmt/zipf.htm ).

    Conclusion

    It is possible that, if deciphered, the manuscript would reveal no more than the knowledge found in other mediaeval herbals and alchemy books. However, if the document is real it means that at least the people involved in the writing were able to read it. The fact that it still remains unread is quite unique and a challenge in cryptological terms. What was the method of encoding? What is the original underlying language ? Who wrote it? Why? It would also be interesting to know what kind of knowledge required such an amount of secrecy at the time of writing. It could even contain a subject completely unrelated to the drawings...

    In any case, if a "readable" text is produced after some processing of the manuscript text, how can one be sure that the solution is correct? Could any of the solutions which have been announced be correct? On which basis to accept or reject a proposed a solution is quite a problem because there is no date, author, country or language associated with the manuscript. We will assume that:

    1. there is a meaningful text underlying the writing in the Voynich manuscript
    2. the language is a known one or closely related to a known one, and
    3. the text is encoded using a reversible method.

    Without all of these being true, there seems to be no possibility of finding a solution.

    No solution which fails to present a detailed description of how the "encoding" was done by the writer(s) of the manuscript can be accepted, and this is where most of the proposed solutions fail. It is also clear that neither the method of encoding nor the contents of the decoded text may conflict with the context of a manuscript written in medieval Europe (or elsewhere by a medieval European). Finally, the solution should clearly explain the many odd statistical properties found in the manuscript text, which could not be fully described here, but which may be found in the literature on the subject (Tiltman, 1967; Currier, 1976; D'Imperio, 1978).

    It seems paradoxical that at the time of rising concerns about the public use of "uncrackable" security codes, a medieval manuscript probably cannot be read. Let's hope that it is not for too long.
    The manuscript conforms to Zipf's Law, and this is the one thing that keeps me believing that it is a real language. If it is a hoax, it's quite an elaborate one, considering it behaves like an actual language, which then begs the question of "WHY?

  15. #15

    Default

    You maybe able to follow this how they worked this out; good luck!
    Discover how the most mysterious manuscript in the world has been encrypted and what it contains


    http://www.voynich.info/


    -- 9SC8AM ----- 4OPCC8 ----- SOX9 ------ OPAM ----- 98AM ----- 4OFAJ89 ---- OPARAR ----- AE SC8




    and finally its English translation:

    . . . . . . . In
    . . . .the beginning,
    . . . . God created
    the heavens and the earth

    http://www.voynich.info/1_complete_d...xt_line_4.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •