once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Lauryn Hill Treats Fans To Bizarre Performance At VIBE MusicFest

Default Lauryn Hill Treats Fans To Bizarre Performance At VIBE MusicFest

from sohh.com :

Lauryn Hill's odd behavior stunned music fans and cleared the venue at the VIBE Music Fest in Atlanta this past weekend.
    According to a SOHH.com source on the scene, Hill's entourage requested that the Georgia Dome's backstage area be cleared upon her arrival. Word is everyone backstage had to immediately drop what they were doing and leave the premises. Furthermore, people who couldn't exit promptly were told not to look at Hill and had to face the wall.

Once considered one of the game's top live performers, Hill appeared lost while performing on the main stage moments later. The artist formerly known as L. Boogie clumsily ran through selections from her classic 1998 LP, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, leaving attendees dumbfounded. Apparently, Hill's set lacked fluidity and songs were often followed by awkward silence. While Hill's voice was still top notch, her singing was unusually off beat and the former Fugee didn't seem to recall her own material. Troubled by the subpar performance, heads began leaving the venue midway through her set. After approximately 4 to 5 songs, Hill exited the stage by simply offering, "Okay, I'm out." According to SOHH.com's anonymous eyewitness, as people left the concert some were heard whispering, "This is the second time I've paid to see her and she pulled that sh!t."

Sources say Hill pulled an equally bizarre outing on the pre-taped season premiere of Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry last Friday night. After being greeted to a standing ovation, Hill hardly strayed from her notes while reciting a poem entitled "Motives and Thoughts." After ending the poem, she straightened her papers, told the audience "Thank you" and revealed a brief grin before leaving the stage.

This doesn't mark the first time Hill has offered twisted behavior while performing. Back in 2002, the singer/emcee constantly broke into tears while performing acoustic material during MTV's Unplugged. About a year later, Lauryn bashed the Vatican and delivered a speech about repentance during a Christmas concert. Top Vatican cardinals and bishops were in attendance to witness Hill's outburst.

Rumors have persisted that Hill is mentally unstable while other reports speculate that she's being manipulated by a spiritual leader. Rumors have also circulated about her relationship with her husband Rohan Marley and possible infidelity.

"When I die, fuck it I wanna go to hell
    Cause I'm a piece of shit, it ain't hard to fuckin' tell
    It don't make sense, goin' to heaven wit the goodie-goodies
    Dressed in white, I like black Timbs and black hoodies"

Default Re: Lauryn Hill Treats Fans To Bizarre Performance At VIBE MusicFest

what is she on crack or something?? WTF?!
    Injected with the Devil's english/ I extinguish
    and approach all hominyms/ shit in your brain
    Wipe my ass with the phenonmenyms

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that's sad

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Shogun Assassin Liquidswordsman's Avatar

She won like 100 grammies and said peace to reality
    'A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds' GZA
    'Wizard of Clarks; Tony Oz' Ghostface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    usa was built on terrorism

lauryn hill sucks anway, she needs to give up

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

Veteran Member

the miss education of laurn hill is a real good album

Geo the God Of Diction rzarazorrzarazorsharp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bringoutthegimp
    lauryn hill sucks anway, she needs to give up
    are you fucking stupd???????????...illest female emcee period. and she can sing.

she hasnt been a sick MC in a long time. and, imo, her stuff with the fugees was way better than her solo CD.

this shit is crazy, though. poor lauryn.

lol shes a mentalist

ah well, she was good, now shes headfucked

she was in one of the best groups of all time and she was sick back then but this is kinda sad...

still standin tall

Veteran Member

Best groups of all time? lmao. The Fugees were good. Not great. My favorite song was Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk_Dock
    she was in one of the best groups of all time.
    HAHAHA man come on

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind