Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing a Language

Default Losing a Language

hi

i will be replicating KTL threads with noble ideas but only i will filther out of all racial low esteem, projected self hatred, lack of diplomas, poppa wu, made up worlds, and implication that reptitles have been ruling humanity for 5000 years so that they can take over the world.

anyways this is about dying languages and the likes.
    I hate to say, but my own Igbo language is slowly dying and its reached the point that most igbo speakers except the exceptionally articulate have to use at least 2 english word per 4 sentences.

africans have always had a tradition of switching languages multiple times when they talk.

my parents often use english, igbo and anything else that their disposal in the same sentence, but it appears local languages are loosing ground.

Igbo movies are all in english. Nigeria is launching its own digital BBC type super channel that will be all over africa and beyond, theres a channel for every majory language in Nigeria except igbo.

now heres the irony, almost the entire staff of the company and nigerian entertainment industry is run by igbos.

tragic.

Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    hi

i will be replicating KTL threads with noble ideas but only i will filther out of all racial low esteem, projected self hatred, lack of diplomas, poppa wu, made up worlds, and implication that reptitles have been ruling humanity for 5000 years so that they can take over the world.

anyways this is about dying languages and the likes.
    I hate to say, but my own Igbo language is slowly dying and its reached the point that most igbo speakers except the exceptionally articulate have to use at least 2 english word per 4 sentences.

africans have always had a tradition of switching languages multiple times when they talk.

my parents often use english, igbo and anything else that their disposal in the same sentence, but it appears local languages are loosing ground.

Igbo movies are all in english. Nigeria is launching its own digital BBC type super channel that will be all over africa and beyond, theres a channel for every majory language in Nigeria except igbo.

now heres the irony, almost the entire staff of the company and nigerian entertainment industry is run by igbos.

tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    Rofl
    Follower.....

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

The only way to save it is to teach the kids when they're around 4-5 years old.

No artificial sleazy

If humans all spoke one language would this be good or bad?

Would a lot of barriers be broke down?

Wu Vatican

the world has lost many languages. and will loose many more. most languages we're just a previous language that had been isolated long enough it had formed a new one. change is inevitable. everything changes. everything evolves.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

^^^^^yeah especially with english taking over every language as the primary language. now we got shit like "spanglish" or whatever when these languages get mixed with english. people need to still keep their culture and make sure that they still know their original language

Wu Vatican

i agree. if people want to by all means.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post

Wow, I have never thought about this before. It's an interesting thought.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, by the way.

Peace.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

There would most likely just be more wars.

tower of babel so they say

i think it would be bad because people would lose part of their culture. if u mean from the beginning of time if we all had one language i don't think that would change anything because the majority of fighting is still due to race and/or religion

Wu Vatican

very rarely do people ever fight because of race. religion though is something that people fight over. usually humans fight because they want what the other person/group/tribe/nation/country has. the "what" in the aforementioned sentence could be any number of things.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    very rarely do people ever fight because of race. religion though is something that people fight over. usually humans fight because they want what the other person/group/tribe/nation/country has. the "what" in the aforementioned sentence could be any number of things.
    what about colonization? the reasons for, say West Africa's colonization might not have started as a race issue, but it sure turned into one very quickly. they started trying to civilize a race

and there still is shit like when all of the blacks moors were killed or kicked out of spain not only because of their religion but race as well. spain and portugal tried to "Whiten" their country

Wu Vatican

colonization was never done because they were black. it was done to enrich the mother country. the side effects of "civilizing" were just that, a by product. the middle east was colonized, the americans, asia. they didnt do it in spite who of who the people. they did it because they had the means to pillage, and they wanted what others had.

im not saying it doesnt, or may not have happend. but in the grand scheme of wars in this worlds time, the vast majority havent been racially motivated.