Thread: New York

Default New York

Hi all,

You may think this is a stupid question, but im going on a trip to new york this weekend for the first time (I'm from London). Is there any good record stores that sell decent non commercial hip hop that anyone can recommend and let me know the location?

Thanks in advance!

DrunkenMasta303

aint no new yorkers in here man, this site is dominated by aussies n eurofags

Thats the impression i get.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default Go

fuck record stores man you want some autentic new york shit you gotta find mixtape spots....fatbeats is an offical store so is virgin....but if you want the street shit and "underground" shit or whatever you gotta find a mixtape spot or a dude with bootlegs...theyre not hard 2 find but if you cant find someone i could hook you up in the bronx...
    ________
    how to roll a joint
    Last edited by prrra718; 01-21-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wi1s View Post
    Hi all,

You may think this is a stupid question, but im going on a trip to new york this weekend for the first time (I'm from London). Is there any good record stores that sell decent non commercial hip hop that anyone can recommend and let me know the location?

Thanks in advance!
    Ummm good luck with that. There were a couple of good record stores but they closed down. NY has become wack when it comes to music. Virgin Megastore in Times Square is your best bet. They have some decent underground stuff there. I just forget about stores and just order shit online for example.....UGHH.com

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
    Ummm good luck with that. There were a couple of good record stores but they closed down. NY has become wack when it comes to music. Virgin Megastore in Times Square is your best bet. They have some decent underground stuff there. I just forget about stores and just order shit online for example.....UGHH.com

^^couldnt disagree more with NY has become wack when it comes to music...you sound crazy....shits not like it use 2 be but there is mad shit bumpin that is fire 2day...
    BANG BANG BOOGIE

Thanks for the info, im staying near time square so guess ill checkout the virgin megastore and just generally have a good scout about.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prrra718 View Post
    ^^couldnt disagree more with NY has become wack when it comes to music...you sound crazy....shits not like it use 2 be but there is mad shit bumpin that is fire 2day...
    Ummm ok.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."