once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killah Priest's "S" wordplay

Quote Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
    Anyone notice the way Priest plays on his "S's" during songs. He always extends words with S on the end; similar to a "hiss" sound. I've noticed he's been doing this ever since Heavy Mental, and I think he does it to add more emphasis to his words. 2Pac used to do this a lot in his earlier, more formative years with the Underground Railroad and the Live Squad. Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one..
    I remember masta killa doing this ,especially on the " asassinations day" track.and I remember some interview years ago where GZA mentioned the S was symbolic to the swush of the liquid sword!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    nah haven't really thought about it that way but i always thought Priest sounded very similair to older 2Pac on the song "Happy" from The Offering, both in his delivery and content.
    Yeah foreal and I always thought that KP kinda sounded like biggy on the " SCIENCE PROJECTS" track,at the beginining where he says live my life,live my life!! I use to go as deep to think did he do that intentionally ,as if the priest channeling biggies spirit on track lol