Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 128

Thread: Slim Fantom presents: YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER SUCKS

  1. #16
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,680
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shogah View Post
    ok, this thread has much potential, and i think you should concetrate more on pointing out the flaws of the rappers, and back it up with some reasonable statements.
    Not just bashing them and saying that they are mad gay and a gimmick.

    But also its ok to have fun with our favourite rappers and exploit their flaws to the maximum so we could see them in other spotlight then ours...
    This is the point of this thread i guess....
    My thoughts exactly, and the reason why I rated this 5 to even it out.


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  2. #17
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On your roof
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,341
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Nice, nice, nice, I see I already got some hate. I like that, hope Toastfaced and TGambino will come in too to tell me what a Kazakhstani loser am I. Actually I'm surprised that there's such a small number of haters of mine circulating out here.


    OK, Lessgo.


    Rakim

    What makes Rakim such a great MC? Does he leave you wordless with his vividly told and intense stories? Not quite. Is he capable to make your jaw drop with displays of honesty and soul? Even less, bruh. Does he create muy controversia with smart and on point political statements that make you think whether you like it or not? Uh...

    So what's left? Bragging about the mic? Oh well... I could even stomach it, if he could at least prevent you from falling asleep with that. He physically can't put any stress on words, his throat is made in such way that's impossible for him to ever raise his voice. He's actually unable to switch his flow up. He just goes on 'n' on for days and days with that limp delivery. I mean, his whole career sounds like smoothened-out "A Milli".

    You want further proof? He OWES his career to Eric B. The point is, Rakim never fell off. But while Eric B. was able to find dope ghostproducers in an era when you could actually make original compositions from loads of samples, propelling Rakim to stardom, just look what happened when laws forced production to be dumbed-down. I repeat, Rakim didn't change a bit during that period.

    Oh yeah, also a problem - he didn't change a bit. Trying to sell same shit that was in twenty years ago.




    Jay-Z

    Ooh, S. Carter, the swaggering ultra-rich cocky motherfucker everyone's jockin'. Well, let's scrape under that surface and what do we find? A po' thick-lipped small black dude with inferiority complex so huge it can't even be cured.

    He's so insecure about his lyrics that he constantly has to bite other rappers lyrics to be sure he has at least one line worth the listener's while. He's so insecure about his albums that he must put out one every year - 'cause he's eaten inside by the doubt that if he waited more than 12 months, listeners could as well as forget he exists. He's so insecure about his appearance that he constanly needs to repeat how cocky he is just to convince himself that he isn't a total weenie. He's so insecure about his sound that he always has to run with whichever rapper or producer is hot at the moment. He's so insecure about his clique that he's lately actually avoiding to be seen with them, 'cause he can't sleep thinking if they suit him or not.

    And he got only in one real beef during his whole career, where this inferiority complex made him flail. Sorry, in all of his disses he came more like Nas fanboy than a person who wants to get at him. All of his disses came in a matter of weeks after Nas shots came, while Nas even let it all bubble for months before coming out. And he was literally left WORDLESS with Ether, he broke down on radio when asked about it. And he failed even at fucking Nas baby mama.




    T.I.


    T.I. is the king of South.

    That's it. What more can you say about this dude? Did he ever reveal anything else in his raps other than that he's big swaggerin' king with his street side? His whole career could as well be called "How to say you're the king of South in 103 ways." The number is prolly smaller, 'cause he sometimes repeats himself - but, man, you simply can't avoid it when you ran out of things to say with your first song.

    Oh yeah. You can say one more thing about him. He's sure to jump on whatever bandwagon rolls by at the moment to increase his sales, including auto-tune singing, that greasy sell-out. And is he biting Jay-Z for appearance?




    (Surprise, Wera!)

    Sage Francis


    He sucks because he's too white. He sucks because he has some weird beard. He sucks because he raps by-the-books. He sucks because he's a fan of Winona Ryder. He sucks because he's a care bear. Need more?




    Killah Priest


    First of all, he's a Wu affiliate, that already tells you almost all you need to know about him. Second, he's too much priest and not enough killah. Okay, dude has his religious views and everything, anyone who uses his brain for more than eating and shitting has them, but - c'mon, you can't make a whole fucking career based on that. Who is he making all that theologizing and historizing for anyway? For the people? Folks either don't understand or can't stomach what he's saying all the time.

    And he has a monotone (boring) flow. And he rolls with same obscure losers as himself. And he can't even get RZA to produce for him as a Wu affiliate.




    Deacon the Villain


    Breaks the rule #2.




    Nas

    There's been so much said about Nas these days on this forum that I don't know what can I say about him anyway. Well, let's switch the script a bit and talk about his flaws, not his sins.

    For starters, he completely deserves comparison with Rakim, as he always raps with the same flow - no matter what beat he's on. But he's even worse, Rakim can't switch it up; Nas can, he proved it already on "One Mic." But he sticks with that played-out declamatory spitting because it's easy, and he's such a great man and lyricist he doesn't need to care how to present himself, lazy motherfucker.

    Then, he absolutely loves the smell of his own dick. Nas is actually Peter Sellers, didn't you know that? He can be whatever you want, he can be a Colombian mafioso, or street prophet, or mainstreamish version of Killah Priest, or a revolutionary who gets old, all while keeping his swaggerin' and flossin'. And what's even worse, he's lame and unconvincing in most of these attempts, because you FEEL he's trying so hard not to be him. And I simply don't understand why, if he kept his career in Illmatic vibe he'd be at least equally successful, if not more, and everyone would love him.

    I can't escape this feeling that Nas is actually a chickenshit, a scared-of-life yes-man, who avoids standing for himself and rather listens to whatever whoever says to him, MC Serch, Steve the Commissioner, Destiny, Jigger, whoever. He's just a chicken who tries to squash all beef and even kept his mouth shut when Pete Rock fucked his girlfriend, or Pac checked him in the park back in '96. "I'ma put out a diss track, now if you don't wanna problems just keep your mouf shut then and then maybe we chill." Do you say something like that to someone you actually consider a man?

    AND, he's bad at sex. Did you notice that every girlfriend cheats on him?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

  3. #18
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,680
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

    Deacon the Villain


    Breaks the rule #2.
    Not really.
    If we do a little last.fm comparing, CunninLynguists got
    3,474,253 plays
    103,331 listeners

    In comparison Rakim got
    585,387 plays
    68,710 listeners
    and Killah Priest only got
    339,969 plays
    22,285 listeners
    and C-Bo got about half the PLAYS that CunninLynguists got LISTENERS
    56,316 plays
    5,365 listeners
    ....
    But I know your checking them out, so I'll give you time to get back to this =)


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  4. #19
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On your roof
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,341
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Hey. This is my thread. I decide who's relevant and who not here. OK?
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

  5. #20
    SHAOLIN STUDENT stashlova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten
    Age
    36
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Black Thought


    "Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
    Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""

  6. #21

    Default

    Interesting view on Rakim, props.

  7. #22
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,680
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
    Hey. This is my thread. I decide who's relevant and who not here. OK?
    Haha, ok. You should get an admin to change a bit on #2 though, since CL ain't really obscure at all.

    And I expect you to get back to him later. =)


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  8. #23
    Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    On your roof
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,341
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Black Thought

    If we put aside that he's charisma-free and is one of the rappers unable to switch up flow if his life depended on it, which already makes him a basket case, we can still pick on him because he's obviously dying to be accepted as an embodiement of black thought (which already makes him white, no matter what rainbow color he appears to be).

    He was too thoughtful to be a decent battle rapper through most of his career, filled with limp brag-about-the-mic raps that got Roots a bad name along with ?uestlove losing his mind.

    Now, for his two last albums, he employed his royal thoughtfulness in more political ways, and, like most amateur politicians, he failed badly at that. Yeah, bravo, the solution to all word problems is in that you gotta get money so it won't get at you, well that's surely something no one thought about. It'd surely help all other brothers in the 'hood, won't it? Oh yeah, I forgot, he ain't a ghetto child, he's an university jock. So now we have an educated selfish motherfucker on a mission to save dah black nation by means of self-enriching. That's why he sucks like a vacuum cleaner.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Age
    12
    Posts
    15,610
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    wera is my favourite rapper

    thread fails because he doesn't suck ... he blows
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I didn't like the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and i don't know why Wu Tang fans call it a classic because it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    I say nigga and i'm white
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I've heard that straight men date transsexuals. That doesn't make men gay.

  10. #25
    Hungry Hyena From Medina SL33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,145
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    method man




  11. #26
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    I'm ill with flu...so naturally I blow


    and Sage is a fan of Natalie Portman <3, that Winona Ryder shit is just for jokes. But, ok, u got it.
    bring back begongo!!

  12. #27

    Default

    i like how you did jay z and nas.

  13. #28

    Default

    i want you to do gza.
    I think that would be funny.

  14. #29
    FRESH FISH Heavy Ammunition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Big L

  15. #30
    Winter is Coming THE MASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Temple of the King
    Posts
    12,470
    Rep Power
    133

    Default

    Del the Funky Homosapien

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •