Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big L

Default Re: Big L

I would say it's highly possible, as the other poster said, you wouldn't ever see Mobb selling out back in the days...but well, things change, and it's sad to see such things happen to artists you once loved to death.

There's a Binary Star track that gives my goosebumps everytime I hear it, it's called "Honest Expression", check it out.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

I could never have pictured Redman and Methodman selling out so you would never know about BigL but he was a genius

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Canít stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... Itís never us coming with the gimmicks. Itís always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap thatís just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ĎWhy Wu-Tang?í when itís not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Straight Outta PHX

Listen to "I Don't Understand It"

And L is top 5 all-time great.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

I done see how Mobb Deep sold out? They still makin music that gangsta shit that they always been on they lyrics might be on a commercial beat but they lyirics are real.
    Walk In My Shoes, Hurt Ya Feet, Then Yall Gone Know Why I Do Dirt In The Street.

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
    gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com

i don't think L would know how to go commercial....i think he'd keep spittin those rugged lyrics and if people luv him for it or hate him for it thats how it is

Quote Originally Posted by PDTantisocial
    Listen to "I Don't Understand It"

And L is top 5 all-time great.
    Are you serious? Big L is not top 5

still standin tall

I think Big L would still be on some DITC Gang Starr shit. Nothing but realness. He could have been one of the last REAL people in hip hop. Today we have nearly nobody who's keeping the balance between the real hip hop artists and the mainstream pop rappers. That's why I'm happy about people like Ghostface and Nas, who are still doing their thing not giving a fuck about the 85% mainstream audience.

Big L R.I.P.