Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock and Roll took the most tragic nose dive ever.

?

Have you ever listened to Black Sabbath?

In particular, their first 5 albums?

I dunno if you fags have any of the same bands we do here, but if you dont, then THANK FUCKIN GOD you dont have to put up with the likes of 'Scouting For Girls' and 'The Blizzards' and all these faggy pop-rock bands that are fuckin MASSIVE right now coz all the FAGGOT students listen to them.

They really are the worst from of music out there right now, along with all those horrible clubland albums, people in england might have them to, where they remake songs e.g counrty hits into ultagay dance tunes in the worst way possible. Its absolutly terrible.

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

rancid is terrible
    props for posting the jerks clip from decline of western civilization though

i think the issue is: what is rock n roll?

this discussion veered off course into metal and punk... i guess whether or not you consider these to be forms of the genre will determine whether you think creativity still exists within it... the lines between pop, rock, punk, alternative and metal are are very blurred now...

the difference between now and shaolin assassin's so-called golden eras is that it's trendy to hate whatever is coming out now and to regurgitate the force-fed rubbish that everything in that era was infact golden...

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Also Motorhead is probably the most influential band to both the punk and metal genre

They simply kick fucking ass

I dare anyone to name one punk or metal band that can touch them
    well they didn't influence punk, but i'll throw in iron maiden as a band that's been more consistent and diverse...

not saying i don't like motorhead though...

got high hopes for the new alice in chains album, been listening to a few bands recently and rock is just in a lull of the fresh clean cut wankbags.... but hopefully the emergence of Metallica last year and the chains this year we will see decent rock again

alice in chains?? is it old unreleased stuff? Cuz Layne Staley's been dead for a few years now.
    Look eye, always look eye.

ya they picked up a Hendrix wannabe...eloels.

the guy can sing but i'm still not convinced til i hear an original record, no one can replace Layne Stayley - one of the best, but there is still Cantrell

I reached a point a few years back where i became utterly sick of hearing a distorted guitar on almost every single rock/metal song.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
    I reached a point a few years back where i became utterly sick of hearing a distorted guitar on almost every single rock/metal song.
    If only rock existed for more than 50 years, and if only there existed bands that aren't metal and that don't use distorted loud guitars.

If only there were rock songs that don't use guitar at all!
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

all the shit speak on it god posted was ass

Suga Duga

Rage against the machine is the only rock band that kicks ass in my book (audioslave's first album was dope aswell).

why RATM is ill:
    raw sound. political. aggressive hooks. somebody's SPITTIN. almost every track builds up and ends up being even faster, greater and harder than the first 3 minutes. brad wilk and tim commerford are rhythm monsters. they covered rakim. they covered cypress hill.

E F F E C T!!