Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface use of Trife as a Ghostwriter HAS TO STOP NOW

EDIT....this poast dissapeared for a few minutes for some weird reason so i had to do it again underneath....
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 01-15-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    you mean it's obvious ghostface wrote those 8 diagram verses right?

yeah.

apart from take it back, i think trife wrote that though. at least alot of it.

lol its so bleedin obvious I cant see how no one has picked up on it more before.

To me this is serious, more people need to know about this generally. Its not what I expect off Ghost.

Its not even just the cliched similie usage, take the words away I could tell from a mile it was a trife verse just from the cadence and rhyme pattterns

I heard the whar song yesterday and the only verse
    i wasn't feelin was ghost, not sayin it was wack but it ain't the ghost I like to hear..
    "gats that bust mercury/sit through the biggest storm and hand out turkey" from the blackout album...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    do u also believe Suoerb wrote Supreme Clientele?
    word. i can't belive yayo's dumb ass said that. Ghost eveolved he's more focused now and stays on topic instead of being abstract and using alotta slang like he used to. Ghost verse on face off wit scarface and tony montana wit cormega was ghost i refuse to believe that trife wrote them verses. You say Trife wrote them and then you say you don't like trife's style but all the songs you named were bangers.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

^why do people always bring Yayo up on that?

How late were you people to that perb story?

Yayo was only repeating what perb said about a year or two before that. When Yayo said it, it was OLD news by then.

ghost's wordplay is boring and predictable now, so it could be possble he's usng trife as a ghostwriter, which would be ridiculous...i miss random and esoteric ghost verses...seems that style died on 'the w'

There is a reason I ain' buying his cd's.
    Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    ^why do people always bring Yayo up on that?

How late were you people to that perb story?

Yayo was only repeating what perb said about a year or two before that. When Yayo said it, it was OLD news by then.
    so true, 2004 mixtape shit
    Bynoe-Pain And Muzik Vol.3
    Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Think about it, If Ghost was still writing his own lyrics he wouldnt have time to sell his fitteds on Ebay or beg his fans to buy his music on yootoobe.

The Game's Changed.

no way is take it back a trife verse... and if anything i'd say it owes more to superb, ironically, because of the "shazam bangles" mention, which first showed up in good times when perb said "shazam jewels" (also "similac, huggies" which later showed up in barrel bros).

anyway, the point is trife and ghost see each other every single day, they come from the same hood and so probably have a lot of the same friends and influences as well. and let's not forget that trife is a decent (not great) MC so of course some of his style is gonna seep into ghost. that's not really a big deal. i'm not convinced any of ghost's own album verses or 8 diagrams material were written by trife, but a few of his guest verses (the mega one in particular) appear suspicious.

also remember that ghostface unintentionally named his last album after a cappadonna phrase and when asked about it in an interview, genuinely seemed not to recall that cappa had spit it on careful, a track that wu sometimes performs live... so it's more than likely that a lot of these "trife-like" phrases and bars are strictly ghost being subconsciously influenced and not necessarily an example of ghostwriting.

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    do u also believe Suoerb wrote Supreme Clientele?
    i definitely think superb helped ghost with some darts..superb is ILL and that was his style cause ghost hasnt really duplicated it sinse except for a few joints on bulletproof..but if u listen to perb EVERY verse he spit is crack...ghost is still the man but he needs to mend that fence and get back with perb...they was like a dusted max b and jimmy..a rza produced perb album would be nice also

even if he is.......who gives a fuck.....it aint effecting me.......shit sounds hot

Ive noticed it too, that Trife probably writes or at least helps him write a lot of his new material. Now with BDR, its pretty clear which songs have his trademark and which dont. For instance, I'd bet my left testical that Trife had some part or was completely responsible for ghostwriting the song Walk Around. When I listen to that song, which i love by the way, i almost dont even here ghosts voice, i just hear Trifes.

I wouldnt put much thought into trife ghostwriting his verses tho. To me saying that would be like saying Cappadonna was a ghostwriter on his old stuff.....which may or not be that far off
    My technique alone blows doors straight off their hinges.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

^^^Walk around? I doubt that. Maybe "We Celebrate" but "Walk Around"? You've just lost your left testicle.

We Celebrate as well, but yeah Walk Around. If you dont think that song has Trife's lyrical style all over it then you dont know what you are talking about or havent been a Ghostface fan for that long

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    ^^^Walk around? I doubt that. Maybe "We Celebrate" but "Walk Around"? You've just lost your left testicle.
    My technique alone blows doors straight off their hinges.