once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: England is fucking PATHETIC when it snows

  1. #16
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,947
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Yes LLColdD, we have Subways lol

    I like meatball marinara, or italian BMT. But i usually try to avoid subways as they have no goodness whatsoever as far as i can tell, im usually hungry again about an hour later
    I was only asking because I was eating a subway sandwich while reading this thread. I eat subway sometimes because they have moderately healthy options and there is one right by my place.

    However, I agree that they kind of suck.

    When I go there I usually get the buffalo chicken.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  2. #17

    Default

    Thats the problem with america, theres so much temptation to eat at a place like subway. Because theres always one near by, its cheap enough, and it tastes good. When I was in US for a while last year I ended up living on places like Subways and on the west places like In n Out burger etc.

    Its too easy to eat over there. And theres a BIG selection of fast food places. Over here really its only Macdonalds and Burger King and a few KFCs every now and then. Over there you got so much selection of nice tasting fast food, you never get bored of it. And theres a tonne of coffee shops on every street.

    So thats the probelms with america. Unless your rich and can afford proper restuarants, its too easy to just get a fast food dinner.


  3. #18
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,453
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    How many threads is there going to be about it snowing in England?



  4. #19
    Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United Fucking States of America, Pussy
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,947
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Thats the problem with america, theres so much temptation to eat at a place like subway. Because theres always one near by, its cheap enough, and it tastes good. When I was in US for a while last year I ended up living on places like Subways and on the west places like In n Out burger etc.

    Its too easy to eat over there. And theres a BIG selection of fast food places. Over here really its only Macdonalds and Burger King and a few KFCs every now and then. Over there you got so much selection of nice tasting fast food, you never get bored of it. And theres a tonne of coffee shops on every street.

    So thats the probelms with america. Unless your rich and can afford proper restuarants, its too easy to just get a fast food dinner.

    You actually make a good point.

    I try to avoid fast food, as it is some of the worst shit you can eat.

    That is a big reason why poor people in America are obese.
    --youreallfags.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

  5. #20
    Semi Retired Prolifical ENG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,643
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    If it doesnt snow regularly at a place then it is a big deal. A few weeks ago it snowed in Vegas and the whole city was at a standstill.

    I see that the UK called the mayor of Winnipeg for advice:
    http://www.canada.com/news/world/pre...496/story.html

    The problem is those that live with no snow don't know how to drive in it. Not only that, the city's budget on snow removal in virtually nothing where a city where it snows pays millions a year on snow removal, and when they decide to cut back on it...all hell breaks loose....people suing the city because they fell when the streets werent cleared.

    Commuting in snow is a bitch. Actually this morning my driving time was more than doubled just because of a little bit of snow on the ground.



  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Age
    13
    Posts
    15,983
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    atleast you're not battling a heat wave

    i'd rather it be snowing than have the heat we've had for the last 2 weeks

    let me rephrase that ... a real heatwave ... as in, mid 40's with high humidity ... not mid 30's like it gets in the UK
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

  7. #22

    Default

    Do you use snow chains in Canada?

    I went to france with a friend in december on a road trip, and we got stuck down a hill so we had to go and buy snow chains for like 100 euros. And then it took me like an hour to figure out how to put them on in the dark and freezing cold. You couldnt drive anywhere without them.

    I think thats the problem in England, no one has snow chains or snow tyres, so they are stuck. It would all be solved if people bought some road chains.


  8. #23
    Semi Retired Prolifical ENG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,643
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    Do you use snow chains in Canada?

    I went to france with a friend in december on a road trip, and we got stuck down a hill so we had to go and buy snow chains for like 100 euros. And then it took me like an hour to figure out how to put them on in the dark and freezing cold. You couldnt drive anywhere without them.

    I think thats the problem in England, no one has snow chains or snow tyres, so they are stuck. It would all be solved if people bought some road chains.
    In my province those are illegal...as well as studded tires. Other provinces in Canada you can use them where there is more snowfall or high mountains. As I think of it, if you are on a gravel road in a rural area, no one will bother you. But they are illegal because if a lot of people had them they would completely fuck up the roads in a season. Probably end up resurfacing roads every year. From snowfalls and snow removal, winters really fuck up the roads enough as it is. My province already spends a lot on them....compared to Quebec anyway...their roads are garbage but they get a lot more snow than we do



  9. #24
    John W. Henry
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    i dont mean to be disrespectful, but this is how pathetic england is... a girl has died from a sledding accident, and two others hospitalised.. after 2 days snow!? wtf!

  10. #25
    John W. Henry
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,519
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    ...that girl was 16 aswell.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Age
    13
    Posts
    15,983
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    no, that's sad

    you want to know pathetic?

    the other day it was like 40 degrees and all these people phoned into the radio complaining their entire office building switched off the air conditioner because it was too hot

    i thought that was the point of air conditioning?
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

  12. #27

    Default

    ^^ Maybe the air conditioning units themselves were overheating or something, could have posed a fire hazard.

  13. #28
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    I hadn't seen snow like this in the uk since 1991, shit brought back memories.



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  14. #29

    Default

    how much snow is it?

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    I hadn't seen snow like this in the uk since 1991, shit brought back memories.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •