once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: E-mail from Raekwon

^u clearly cant read. I said I wanted the drums to distort, not sound soft, which is how they do now.

No one said anything about 10million dollars, just a GOOD masterer and engineer, who knows what theyre doing. Its not about money, its about having a label who have good connections and know who the good engineers and masterers are. They might charge more ,big deal.

And btw dumbass, the first Cuban Linx had fucking GREAT masterers, who are legends in the industry, so did most of the early Wu albums, they all had famous engineers who went on to have a big reputations.

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    the drums were distorting and the levels were all off on that version... how rae could be so careful about leaks up until this point and then let that version proliferate as the "cd quality version" of his lead single is insane.

and even the latest version doesn't quite sound right. i have no doubt the album's gonna be ruined by all these shitty quality rips so i'm trying not to listen to them...
    i hope to jesus this isnt his lead single and im pretty sure it isn't.

so did most of the early Wu albums, they all had famous engineers who went on to have a big reputations.

IMO Tical was horrible, shit Meth sounded odd as fuck on Biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    the problem is probably the lack of cash to spend on really good engineers and masterers and recorders, because he is not on a real label.

you cant underestimate how important the masterer is to shaping the final sound of the album. the real artists pay big $$$ for the album to be sent off to a quality mastering studio.

so I feel the only way to get around the fact he cant do that, is just to distort shit a lil bit, and say its meant to sound gritty.

hey dickhead i did read what you typed and you said absolutely nothing about "wanting the drums to distort" you said it would have to be a workaround because they cant afford professional mastering/mixing. I'm telling you all the classic first round wu solos and their first album all had shitty and very limited mixing/mastering and thats part of the reason why i love them so much. i wouldnt care if it came out sounding grittier. just relax, everyone on here is getting their panties in a bunch over this album. explain to me where you said you wanted the drums to distort. i took it as you were complaining

I know it's already been posted, but got a reply in the e-mail. It was produced by The RZA.

maybe we'll get a new track 2morrow on the funkmaster flex show cuz they said look out 4 new tracks coming up and flex previewed the new wu ooh track last sat so who knows
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

let's e-mail Raekwon back!!!

with all that is bothering us
    bring back begongo!!

Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

^ fuck is that?
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

ya that scarface shit was pretty hot idk wut is that tho

could you guys imagine if the movie they used in all the skits on this album were from Scarface??? That would just take this album to a whole other level of dopeness. like basically The Killer was the main one in the first CL but if they decided to use Scarface on this one I think it would be very appropriate. Think about it, so far we got the intro to State of Grace and C2 both have Scarface dialogue. I'm hoping anyway.

Nah, Scarface is too predictable.

Something a bit left-field would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
    Nah, Scarface is too predictable.

Something a bit left-field would be better.
    plus it would be kinda corny..i hope they use samples from many different movies to set the tone up..i think theyre gonna need rzas skills to mix them together

is more about what he said at the ending of not knowing what the fuck people want
    it fits with what is happening with the new joint on this thread almost everybody like it but they complain anyway saying the "Oooohh" are too loud on this CDQ ver that they prefer the 1st ver or the drums sounds too loud or too low on the other ver this and that blah blah blah

he just send us a great quality ver of the song and all you do is complain about it
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 02-06-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

ya but where did this zshare come from ? an email from Rae? anyone kno