once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my hands on Canadian version of Supreme Clientele... ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!

Much props for that kaydigi!

Peace!

Can someone re-up dis on megaupload or somethin. Thanks in advance.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

who produced the "canadian version" of "ghost-deini"? both beats are dope as shit!!

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    Much props for that kaydigi!

Peace!
    This is the Digitial Bullet track that disappears on some CD's. This is the second pressing version it's the clean one. On my copy it's unedited bought in Brooklyn NY on release day.

If I get chance I got to dig out the booklet and CD i'll post it. It sounds like Cilvaringz production though.

Cousin f Doc and Cilvaringz
    http://www.divshare.com/download/6570366-186

Quote Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post
    This is the Digitial Bullet track that disappears on some CD's. This is the second pressing version it's the clean one. On my copy it's unedited bought in Brooklyn NY on release day.

If I get chance I got to dig out the booklet and CD i'll post it. It sounds like Cilvaringz production though.

Cousin f Doc and Cilvaringz
    http://www.divshare.com/download/6570366-186
    I'm pretty sure Cousins is a Mathematics beat, I got the exact same album, with the unedited Cousins at the end, also got the Must Be Bobby vinyl with Cousins on as well.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post
    Prove it? Man I worked for Conde Nast at Times Square. I think it was Janurary 26 that was the release date. I walked to the record spot 1 block from J and R Music world (1 block down from City Hall) and copped. The tracklisting printed did not match the actual CD.
    • The joint where Ghost is singing love you wise wise love you wise is on it.
    • His impossible verse is on it, "the voice says this illest verse of all time".
    • Buck 50 & Clyde Smith are put together.
    • The joint with RZA (Karl Malone Mailman framed on Larry Johnson etc.. is put together with another track.
    • I have the bastards version of Ghost Dini
    • Superb crackhead skit doesn't have music behind it.
    • No Iron Man cartoon skits.
    Just like The Sun is on some copies of Bullet Proof Wallets. I'll try to find my first pressing of Supreme Clientle. If you aren't from the US you may not have the first pressing. Supreme Cliente was pushed back mad times, who knows how many times Sony went back to reprint the disc.

Also I have the first Pressing of Digital Bullets that has the track with Cilvaringz at the end uncensored. I noticed that the re-releases remove this or censor the track.

Edit

My version doesn't have the grain on it. I remember that being on the booklet too.
    alrite coo i sounded like i was trying to start shit lol I was just interested in this because I had never heard about that before on the non canadian version

so this means its not really just the canadian version its just the first print of the album, it mustve been released slightly later in UK which is why I didnt get your version even though I had it when it was released

Here's the link...

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele (Canadian Version)

http://uploadbox.com/files/4871da039a

Again, I await your rep!

!
    cheers bro

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    who produced the "canadian version" of "ghost-deini"? both beats are dope as shit!!

thanks.
    The Blaquesmiths

The beat is from "Bastards" on "The swarm"..

Mauling Panda's Rampage Dominus Santorini's Avatar

After close examination:

The American version has better pacing and sequencing
    The Canadian has the stuff detailed above.

Still have to go with the American version.

Which version do you think Ghost actually wanted releasing though? He obviously wanted the album to sound and play a certain way, but which one?

Seeing as the Canadian one ha the original Ghost Deini beat and Wise, I would be inclined to say that Ghost wanted to go with that one, but I'm not sure.

I think I only prefer the American version because thats the only version I've had for 9 years so I'm used to it.

Peace!

I always thought the only difference was the Wise track, the Child's Play beat was a lil different and it had the original Ghost Deini beat. But it's totally different, it's even got Ghosts verse from Impossible at the end of one of the tracks!

Here's the full track list and all the differences for those that don't know...

I'll up this if I'm allowed, and if anyone wants it...

01: Nutmeg feat. RZA

02: One

03: Saturday Nite

This track lasts for 5 mins but the Saturday Nite song finishes after 1:30, then there's an announcement... "we interrupt this special bulletin to bring you one of the illest verses of all time"... then Ghosts verse from Impossible kicks in...

Impossible [Canada Only Bonus]

That takes us up to 3:30 then we have...

Iron's Theme [Intermission] (which also sounds different, maybe slightly extended)

04: In The Rain [Wise] [Canada Only Bonus]

05: Mighty Healthy

06: Apollo Kids feat. Raekwon

At the end of this same track is...

Clyde Smith [Skit]

07: Buck 50 feat. Method Man, Cappadonna & Redman

This track lasts over 9 mins... after the Buck 50 song ends it goes straight into...

Stroke of Death feat. Solomon Childs & RZA

And then still in the same track, after Stroke Of Death we have...

Woodrow the Base Head [Skit]

08: Stay True feat. 60 Second Assassin

09: Ghost Deini feat. Superb [Canadian "Bastards" Version]

10: Malcolm
    11: We Made It feat. Superb

This song goes straight into...

Who Would You Fuck? [Skit]

12: Child's Play [Canada Version]

This has a slightly different beat, there's no beat switch, just the same beat playing through out on this version, and its extended too, more of Ghost talking at the end.

13: Cherchez LaGhost feat. U-God

14: Wu-Banga 101 feat. GZA/Genius, Raekwon, Cappadonna & Masta Killa

This track has a different fade out and then it goes into the Iron Man Conclusin outro.

So, the canadian version only has 14 tracks cos alot of the skits are mixed into the actual tracks, the fade outs are different on alot of the songs too.

This may be old news to alot of you, but I only just got my hands on a copy of the canadian version yesterday and I was surprised at how different it was!

Peace!
    yours is different from the one i had, i had the same childs play as u but the tracks were all seperate and i think in the rain was at the end. also no verse from impossible

Where did you get yours from Shrap?

Dunno which version you've got then.

Peace!

probably HMV in montreal

man i went on hmv.com and looked at the cd i have, apparently for some reason i had the american version

this is what i had

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=964094

i think i actually like this version better than the american one