Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exorcism

Default Exorcism

Is this really real?

Default Re: Exorcism

No thanks.

Prince Rai

apparently... though this is not confined to christian thought..

being possesed is an ancient belief.. a belief where people believe that there are spirits which live alongside humans though we cannot really see etc etc

complicated shit

peace

PHI.1.618

LOL, I don't think it's true just like I don't believe ppl catch the holy spirit... It's all in their heads meng ...

Veteran Member

yes its real

PHI.1.618

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
    yes its real
    Damn, some of ya believe anything ....

Default Go

Quote Originally Posted by PHI.1.618
    Damn, some of ya believe anything ....
    speak for yourself.
    ________
    BONDAGE TUBES
    Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 11:34 AM.

I don't think it's real. People who have been afflicted with this are probably just suffering from an extreme mental illness. Why would the devil (if there is one at all) just randomly pick some human being to possess? It dosen't make sense because if the devil is supposedly trying to tempt humans all the time then I don't see the need of him taking human form. Anyway if it really was the devil in human form I think he'd do slightly more destructive things then just speak in weird tones and act psychotic....

Peace!

Mr Wuniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Explizit Content
    I don't think it's real. People who have been afflicted with this are probably just suffering from an extreme mental illness. Why would the devil (if there is one at all) just randomly pick some human being to possess? It dosen't make sense because if the devil is supposedly trying to tempt humans all the time then I don't see the need of him taking human form. Anyway if it really was the devil in human form I think he'd do slightly more destructive things then just speak in weird tones and act psychotic....

Peace!
    Why wouldnt he? The people who have been exorcised usually are innocent n harmless, like kids or old women, n usually on the end of punishments coz of something a fam member or witever done. Yet to see it, obviously, but the vatican doesnt send priests worldwide for a laugh.
    Peace!

Very interesting topic.

This all begins with the original question of whether there is just physical reality or a dualism of spirit and matter.

I will go into my opinion since I don't know your reasons to believe what you do...

First of all exorcism is in fact a very ancient belief. Modern science has come to the conclusion that it is caused by certain chemical imbalances in the brain. While there are obvious imbalances occuring, there is a subtle element at play that most people don't notice...

I don't know if any of you have ever witnessed an exorcism in person or seen it on tapes. I myself have witnessed several and have studied countless tapes for my classes and it is the most interesting thing. In most (but not all) cases, a very crucial power struggle occurs between the "possessed" and the priest. A priest will mention the name of God and the afflicted person will writhe, the priest will say that it is not too late for the spirit inside to repent and will quote from the Bible etc.... Here's the kicker, most of these possessed persons will engage in a vicious power stuggle with the holy man. Anyone who has even limited understanding of logic and theology will immediately see this struggle occur according to its respective rules. A verbal "combat" of logic if you will. So how can people from all around the world who don't all share the same theological views (much less the same education level) all manifest these crude yet keen rhetorical abilities in the moment of their affliction? If it were simply a chemical imbalance, any average joe from denmark, africa, asia, or america would not respond as most of these people do from those exact places. So while I leave ample room for being skeptical, the evidence for an actual "possession" is too real to be rejected by any rational thinker...We should keep it as a possibility.

Ishmaelic

...can't be supported by scientific means.
    The Church of Ishmael

PreDestinatioN

peace.

Energy works in very mysterious ways.....and obviously works in ways man is ignorant to.

Excorcisms......I think...can be very real.

I do think...there are people...who are more "in tune" with certain things than others.....

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN
    SubliminaL thA 7th BorN
    of
    PreDestinatioN

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."

Ishmaelic

But if it can't be transfered from "personal" to "objective" why should I care? Or anyone else for that matter? If there's no way for me to experience it, much less verify it through scientific means, why would I give a shit?
    The Church of Ishmael

that would be playing with fire....seeking to experience it oneself...
    sort of a Faustian death wish if you ask me.

PreDestinatioN

peace.

I just think it is interesting.., that's all. LOL.

there's alot to learn out there..., alot....

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN
    SubliminaL thA 7th BorN
    of
    PreDestinatioN

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."