once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Master. Whatever happened to "Master Craftsman"?

Unhappy True Master. Whatever happened to "Master Craftsman"?

Does ANYONE have ANY news on the album??? I apologize, for asking this question AGAIN. I know, i asked this question a few months ago, but, any info anyone??

probably like most wu releases it wont see the day of light for awhile

which is a shame cuz that would have been a real dope album

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

better yet...... WHAT HAPPENED TO TRUE MASTER???????????????
    such an amazing producer, and during a time in hiphop where the market is flooded and producers are more popular and more in demand than ever.... and he's nowhere to be found????? the producers are stars themselves now. he could've gotten rich over the past 5 - 7 yrs.

i wanna know what happened to him, whats his situation w/ WU, and why he never blew up and became a really sought-after producer.
    he's worked w/ very few artists outside of wu. WHY?????????

and think about it....... he did a bunch of KILLER, KILLER tracks on:
    "T2: judgement day"
    "the pillage"
    "sunz of man - last shall be first"
    "uncontrolled substance"

.... and then drops off the face of the earth?!?!?!?! SOMETHING HAPPENED. THAT is an amazing track record. he laced meth, cappa, and INS w/ a ton of bangers for those cd's, and they stop fucking w/ him as they continue to make music??? i'll never understand that.
    and as for meth, i dont care what def jam said or waved in front of me, i'll never be able to comprehend how he can let them talk him into using diddy for "tical 0", and NOT use true master at all. i mean, 2 + 2 will always = 4, but that "tical 0" shit will NEVER add up!!!!! meth sold his soul for a few more sales (listen to his interviews about tical 0).

other than that, true master has popped up here/there w/ only 1 track... mainly thanks to rza ("fast cars", "take sword 2", "yall been warned".....)

...and of course, same thing goes for 4th disciple.
    WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! how can they have these amazing, legendary producers just sitting there, and opt to use these BS, commercially popular, known in the industry, used by every single so-called MC out there, producers???????

^^ co-sign, True Master is one of my favorite producers actually.. all the way back from his work with GangStarr foundation and "Brooklyn Zoo", "Fish" up to Masta Killa's album. It was real good to hear him on "Pro Tools" in '08 with the probably illest joint on the whole LP.. he also appeared on the first "Afro Samurai" with lyrics too but he definitely needs to drop something or go out and work with some talented cats.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

two of my favourite True Master beats outside of Wu camp, even tho GZA and RZa are on them, and both are for Afu Ra

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

i would like to know what the fuck happened ot that shit too
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Quote Originally Posted by pmack215 View Post
    better yet...... WHAT HAPPENED TO TRUE MASTER???????????????
    such an amazing producer, and during a time in hiphop where the market is flooded and producers are more popular and more in demand than ever.... and he's nowhere to be found????? the producers are stars themselves now. he could've gotten rich over the past 5 - 7 yrs.

i wanna know what happened to him, whats his situation w/ WU, and why he never blew up and became a really sought-after producer.
    he's worked w/ very few artists outside of wu. WHY?????????

and think about it....... he did a bunch of KILLER, KILLER tracks on:
    "T2: judgement day"
    "the pillage"
    "sunz of man - last shall be first"
    "uncontrolled substance"

.... and then drops off the face of the earth?!?!?!?! SOMETHING HAPPENED. THAT is an amazing track record. he laced meth, cappa, and INS w/ a ton of bangers for those cd's, and they stop fucking w/ him as they continue to make music??? i'll never understand that.
    and as for meth, i dont care what def jam said or waved in front of me, i'll never be able to comprehend how he can let them talk him into using diddy for "tical 0", and NOT use true master at all. i mean, 2 + 2 will always = 4, but that "tical 0" shit will NEVER add up!!!!! meth sold his soul for a few more sales (listen to his interviews about tical 0).

other than that, true master has popped up here/there w/ only 1 track... mainly thanks to rza ("fast cars", "take sword 2", "yall been warned".....)

...and of course, same thing goes for 4th disciple.
    WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! how can they have these amazing, legendary producers just sitting there, and opt to use these BS, commercially popular, known in the industry, used by every single so-called MC out there, producers???????

Wu members walk away from their Wu-Tang Productions contracts

Wu-Tang Productions ceases being an entity and the members all scramble for their own production

all Wu labels (Wu-Tang Records, Razor Sharp Records imprint on Sony, 36 Records imprint on Loud) fold

True & 4th are left to fend for themselves when keyboard beats are huge

after the Supreme Clientele inspired Blueprint hits, sample's back in vogue but people are gunning for cheap imitations like Heatmakerz over the real deal

plus 4th being back out in Ohio put him out the loop even more

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

i remember hearin some things went down between Tru Master and Power and the VH1 Honors that year.....small fight or something

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

True Master himself should really get on this thread and tell us wtf is goin on

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Wu members walk away from their Wu-Tang Productions contracts

Wu-Tang Productions ceases being an entity and the members all scramble for their own production

all Wu labels (Wu-Tang Records, Razor Sharp Records imprint on Sony, 36 Records imprint on Loud) fold

True & 4th are left to fend for themselves when keyboard beats are huge

after the Supreme Clientele inspired Blueprint hits, sample's back in vogue but people are gunning for cheap imitations like Heatmakerz over the real deal

plus 4th being back out in Ohio put him out the loop even more
    ^^^ yeah, u right. i'm sure its much more difficult & a lot more to it then i make it seem, but still.....

CHASEE: What happened to the True Master album?

CHUCK WILSON: We just couldn’t agree on terms.

http://bgboards.ihiphop.com/cgi-bin/...4;t=21525;st=0

Last edited by TRONIX; 04-17-2009 at 07:16 PM.

damn it; i was seriously looking forward to this

that beat he did for black rob was amazing too; you always know what you're getting with true master, dusty drums, big bass, hot buttered soul...is he too busy schooling people about the windsors?

Quote Originally Posted by TRONIX View Post

fuck that fuck babygrande

hopefully true master finds a different label or releases it himself

then chuck, why the fuck would u ever advertise it before u had a DEAL????? u fuckin piece of shit. chuck & his phony-ass label are continually turning into the worst thing to ever happen to hiphop, outside of puff daddy.

FUCK, I HATE U CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

translated: True wanted to be paid, Babygrande thought otherwise, True walked...

if the shit is recorded hopefully M80 or someone affiliated with a label will scoop it up to release it