once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movies that Stephen King ruined with the endings

No artificial sleazy

I never realized he made Shawshank Redemption, I watched it again last night. One of the best films I've seen to date.

There is also something very rewarding when listening to Morgan Freeman talk while you post of WTC.

There's so many movies I didnt realize were his

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000175/

For some reason I can't remember how "storm of the century" ended. Is Apt Pupil any good?

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    Stephen King made Carrie?
    That movie's straight up classic.
    The book was better.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    That guy was in the navy... Some degree of Unintelligence is to be expected...

My sister not included.
    http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

Apt Pupil is definitely a good movie, good novel as well.. there is nothing supernatural involved in that one, and those are usually the greatest King novel's turned flicks..

also the director of "Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile" has made a new movie based on King's 'The Midst'.. anybody seen that yet?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ I am reading "The Dark Towers" series by him right now, it's 7 books long and most of them are between 400-800 pages and i'm on the 5h.. he better not fuck up that ending lol.
    great series. you're on wolves of the calla ay? good shit.
    i've heard rumors the gunslinger is getting made into a movie, about 30 years too late for clint eastwood.

no comment on the ending lol

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Apt Pupil is definitely a good movie, good novel as well.. there is nothing supernatural involved in that one, and those are usually the greatest King novel's turned flicks..

also the director of "Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile" has made a new movie based on King's 'The Midst'.. anybody seen that yet?
    Yeah< The MIST was a good movie. That's been out for a while now. I saw it and was freaked out a little. It was really good. And the ending was so messed up. I haven't read the book yet though.
    http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

How come everyone sleeps on Dean Koontz?? I like his books...Some would make good movies

Quote Originally Posted by TruWizDumb View Post
    How come everyone sleeps on Dean Koontz?? I like his books...Some would make good movies
    Koontz is a fuckin hack

King is a great writer but I think he doesn't really KNOW how to end a story. I've read alot of his books but it almost always seems like he doesn't want the story to end himself and has a hard time coping with it.

Needful Things is one his best imo but I thought the movie was shit. You'd need to put in a TV series format that takes years (ala Lost) to get a story with some many subplots right. It can't be done in a two-three hour period.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
    Those aren't even his good stuff. The only books he pedestals as being great are the gunslinger books, which are at least as good as the lord of the rings in terms of epic sagas. What it lacks in depth (lord of the rings went too far) he makes up for in complex plots that are trippy as hell and cobble together totally random fantasy into a rich story.

Stephen Kings a good book writer, obviously his movies aren't that great. Its very hard to portray his horror style in film IMO.

how the fuck are you able to comprehend a stephen king novel well enough to decide what's his best work, when you have the phrase "book writer" in your vocabulary?
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

the mist was dope

No artificial sleazy

I've been fishing on the lake up here where King has his summer home. The house is massive. I also saw him in a country store near that lake when I was younger. Dude was head to toe in denim and hopped into this creepy old suburban with his wife and took off.

I hope I run into him again so I can see if he has any IT memorabilia he might want to sell off. I could use a nice pair of clown pants.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

IT was the worst shit

the fuck.... a big ass spider in the sewer ?

the hell that has to do with the clown ?

the clown parts of IT were tight, even the sewer stuff, but yeah, once the spider is revealed that was majorly gay.

THIS IS BATTERY ACID, YOU SLIME!

i used to have the mist on audio book when i was younger, it was in 3-D when you listened on headphones, it's was pretty dope back then.

No artificial sleazy

Seriously though, if I rewrote the ending of IT, my version would have the clown running around the sewer with a chain saw, clown-rape, normal sized tarantulas, suffocation by balloon while getting hit in the face with a bat. Mutated Rotweilers and those fun-house mirrors.

this scene scarred me scared me and scurred me as a kid