once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Studio Ghilbi created films, which is the best?

Default Studio Ghilbi created films, which is the best?

Studio Ghibli have created some of the best anime films and won some of the best awards. Renowned actors have been inloved with their works, Christian Bale (Howl, Howls moving castle) William Dafoe (Cob,Tales from earthsea) and many more.
    My faveourite Ghibli film has to be princess mononoke for its amazing visual graphics and fantastic script.
    Whats your favourite?!?!

DrunkenMasta303

spirited away, because its the most creative imo and the fantasy is off the hook!!

tht is a good one but wot bout some of Miyazaki's earlier work like castle of cagliostro, laputa, which is amazing, patsu's sick and naussica!

DrunkenMasta303

the only Miyazaki movies ive seen are

Laputa:castle in the sky
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away
    Howls moving Castle

and i luv all of em, the art/story/fantasy/music/characters, all of that shit, dudes a masta!

aint wrong mate u gtta check out some of his ova works

i just watched his latest flick, "ponyo on a cliff" it was like miyazaki's take on the lil mermaid. awesome. the animation was incredible.

for me its a tossup between howl's moving castle and monoke

i like all of his stuff, even "kiki's delivery service" was good.

All of them are generally sick from my experiance of watching them. I cant remember a bad one. Even if the story isnt your taste I can just sit back blaze up and enjoy the insanely stylish artwork. The storys though are normally very easy-interesting.

ive always wondered what the font was called they use in their logo?

if anyone happens to know what that is, rep

Princess Mononoke hands down is the best i forever will love this film the music is perfect gripping story great english voice acting (better then the Japanese) Miyazaki most have a Godly imagination to come up with this

follow by Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Spirited Away and Kiki Delivery Service

i like all of them there is no way anyone could hate any of his film

coincidence lately i have been watching Miyazakis work is like Miyazaki's week for me Kiki Delivery Service Princess Mononoke and right now im watching Spirited Away while at work and Laputa is next
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Spirited Away is probably his best work. As far as my personal favorite; it's probably Princess Mononoke, that's the one I return to the most it seems. I agree that there aren't any bad answers though, all of his movies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    i just watched his latest flick, "ponyo on a cliff" it was like miyazaki's take on the lil mermaid. awesome. the animation was incredible.
    Does somebody say 'pokemon skeet' at the end of that video or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.RINO View Post
    spirited away, because its the most creative imo and the fantasy is off the hook!!
    Ive seen all Ghibili films (including the non-Miyazaki ones) and Spirited Away remains my favorite. So many different statements that Miyazaki was conveying in this film.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    [color=white]Princess Mononoke
    I didn't like this film. Couldn't get into it, I guess all the hype didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    [color=white]Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
    Really liked this one. Just beautiful, inventive designs and locations and a cool weird story.

I think Mononoke just felt too close to other animes I'd seen. It almost put me off but Ima cop some more now after seeing Nausicaa and Spirited. Whats the next one I should check out?

Miyazaki is a master. im all about 2D animation so i give this guy huge respects one of the best to do it.. i prefer to watch foreign language films with subs tho.. his stuff get good actors to do voiceovers but i still tend to watch the sub versions..

i really enjoyed "Porko Rosso" kinda underrated joint out of his catalog.. in pretty sure michael keaton did the dubbing.. check it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    yes ! and nice bump. all the studio ghibli joints ive watched were quality but if i had to pick i'd have to go with Princess Mononoke as well...