once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hells everyone's problem with Bulletproof Wallets?

Default What the hells everyone's problem with Bulletproof Wallets?

the album fuckin thumps. back to back classic tracks
    and it dont sound like anything else in the wu catalog

ppl always pick random stuff to say is wack, like u-god. i dont get it. the carl thomas joint is the fucking shit

chilled sunday afternoon music, nice lyrics, nice beats, 10/10 song.

that's the only song I can imagine ppl thinking is wack cause they have 0 musical range. otherwise its an excellent album. This was the Ghost with the flintstone and eagle arm.

sick.

Ghost is def the most versatile and I feel most of his shit, including this.
    METAL FACE DOOM
    YOUR CONCURRENCE IN THE ABOVE IS ASSUMED

what?

this is one of my favorite stories in hip hop. You can just see it all happening and its crazy as fuck lol.

i like mathematics' remix as well.

this is for sure Ghost's imagination on over blast with this album and era. From the way he would dress to the content of his lyrics. Bulletproof wallets sounds to me like a cartoon. The songs that didn't make the album as expecially but i count then as part of the album.

this is the most imaginative venture by any wu artist. talking watches, ghetto cartoons, rae slipping on soap, paying big momma for using these lyrics.

it's also the funniest ghost album.

Nothing is. I remember making a similar thread a while back.

Probably gets the most rotation by me of the GFK discography.

im pretty sure ive made this thread 10 times. but well done for just recently finally listening to the whole album on youtube.

and all i always got from the nerdslingers was "meh, it was OK, shame it lost because of all the sample clearences, Fishscale is superior" type BS, even though most tracks did make the album fine, the 1 or 2 left off werent that great anyway.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

yeah, I listened to the album today too, happy coincidence.

GFK's first three albums are so full of surprises for me, everytime, so different albums in a span of 5 years, and yet all of them pretty dope.

but yeah, there are some people claiming this album sux. Ionno why.
    bring back begongo!!

woodrow, your such an innovative and intense mudslinger. You're like, a cool person.

BULLETPROOF WALLETS IS FOR THE SEEDS

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

^^^^^^ahahah, just at my favourite part of Maxine =)
    bring back begongo!!

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Its a good album but lots of people never liked it because it followed SC.

Personally I think that this is the one of the most entertaining albums outside of the Wu golden era albums.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah this shit is ill.....

i love it; it took a while to grow on me, but it's mad flavorful...maxine, hilton, strawberry, juks, forest...the only song that's lame to me is love session, and ghostshower depending on my mood and situation...i think people bitch because they know what the album could've been with goodtimes, the watch, the og flowers, the sun...but we live in the digital age just burn them on. with those, it's 9/10, but even without them it's an 8/10

i remember whn the album dropped I ddint have enough money to buy the CD right away, so I used to walk into HMV on the way back from school and take the CD to the counter and they would put it on the CD player wiv headphones for me haha, did that for a few days as a was stunned by Maxine when I first heard it. This was before you had youtube and the internet leaks so you didnt know what was on the albums b4 you bought them.

great album (i own the cd but only listen to my playlist version) but for the sake of playing devil's advocate -- love sessions is a strong contender for the single worst song in ghost's entire catalog; the interpolated version of flowers is an atrocity; never be the same again requires an immobilarity-like focus on the lyrics in order to enjoy it (9th wonder's remix is dope tho); overall it's kinda scattershot and riddled with flaws which can't be said about his 2 previous albums.

but probably people's biggest problem with it is that it marked the beginning of ghost abandoning album cohesion in favor of unabashed attempts to appeal to a more mainstream audience.

great album tho.

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    im pretty sure ive made this thread 10 times. but well done for just recently finally listening to the whole album on youtube.

and all i always got from the nerdslingers was "meh, it was OK, shame it lost because of all the sample clearences, Fishscale is superior" type BS, even though most tracks did make the album fine, the 1 or 2 left off werent that great anyway.
    this album bangs, probably better than Fishscale imo

People were afraid when the Wu ordered them to stop playing chess and pop their fucking collar!