Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the hells everyone's problem with Bulletproof Wallets?

Quote Originally Posted by Firm Handshakah View Post
    great album (i own the cd but only listen to my playlist version) but for the sake of playing devil's advocate -- love sessions is a strong contender for the single worst song in ghost's entire catalog; the interpolated version of flowers is an atrocity; never be the same again requires an immobilarity-like focus on the lyrics in order to enjoy it (9th wonder's remix is dope tho); overall it's kinda scattershot and riddled with flaws which can't be said about his 2 previous albums.

but probably people's biggest problem with it is that it marked the beginning of ghost abandoning album cohesion in favor of unabashed attempts to appeal to a more mainstream audience.

great album tho.
    DISagree with most things you just said, in fact all of it.

-love session is dope
    -never be the same again holds up well, its dope in fact
    -both flowers version are sick

this wasnt the "start of him abandoning" anything. he finally had a couple of chick songs, that are a whole lot better than his recent years type songs. He also had cherchez la ghost on SC for spins. so whatchu talkin about the first time.

overally he wasnt abanoning cohesiveness, this is still his Sony albums era. This album was just not as much overseen by RZA like the other 2 were.

FRESH FISH

People were bitchin when it first came out cause it wasnt on Superme Clientele level, and there were a few dope joints that were left off cause samples didnt get cleared or something...Personally i love this album, has some of my favorite ghost songs, including this shit

Last edited by MindzEye; 03-09-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Lets Break It Down

Classic Tracks
    -The Forest

Solid Tracks
    -Maxine
    -Flowers
    -Street Chemistry
    -The Hilton

Mediocre Tracks
    - The Juks
    - Ghostshowers
    - Jealousy
    -Strawberry
    - Theodore
    -Never Be The Same Again

Wack Shit
    - Walking Through The Darkness (track drones on)
    - Love Session

Overall its OK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    Its a good album but lots of people never liked it because it followed SC.

Pretty much. A lot of people seem to be mad Ghost didn't keep up the SC flavour or go back to Ironman or whatever. BPW shits all over Pretty Toney though. It's got some nice tracks and some bangers but some average ones aswell. It would have been received a lot more had he not had sample issues, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I didn't like the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and i don't know why Wu Tang fans call it a classic because it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    I say nigga and i'm white
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I've heard that straight men date transsexuals. That doesn't make men gay.

Quote Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post

. BPW shits all over Pretty Toney though. .
    ...no.

theyre near equal in their own ways.

I prefer P.Tone for the production.

I Probably Play Bullet Proof Wallets More Than Most Wu Albums. I Feel This Album Fit That Pretty Toney Persona Perfectly Like This Is The Ghost Album He Always Wanted To Make. I Think It Has A Good Vibe All The Way Through.

Top Ten Album Post 2000 Imo.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Classic Album MAXINE WAS MY JOINT BLASTING IT 3 in the morning in my whip. LOVE the way that bass kicks in for an opening track GHOST & RAE just go OFF. Just wish SUN, The Watch & Original FLOWERS were included in the retail version.

Banned

...no.

theyre near equal in their own ways.
    Wrong, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I didn't like the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and i don't know why Wu Tang fans call it a classic because it's not.
    I say nigga and i'm white
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I've heard that straight men date transsexuals. That doesn't make men gay.

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

It's is alright it has a few bangers her or there but nothing to be excited about
    Common~Talib Kweli~Nas~Az~Bun B~Eightball&MJG~Goodie mob~Fiend~WuTang~Lupe~BoneThugs~SunzofMan~JayZ~Bea ns~Jeezy~The Roots

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart

DISagree with most things you just said, in fact all of it.

-love session is dope
    -never be the same again holds up well, its dope in fact
    -both flowers version are sick

this wasnt the "start of him abandoning" anything. he finally had a couple of chick songs, that are a whole lot better than his recent years type songs. He also had cherchez la ghost on SC for spins. so whatchu talkin about the first time.

overally he wasnt abanoning cohesiveness, this is still his Sony albums era. This album was just not as much overseen by RZA like the other 2 were.
    you think message from ghostface is "gay" but call love session "dope?" what's the matter with you?

flowers is a classic song that was butchered in the transition to live instrumentation. the difference between the original flowers and the album cut is equal to the difference in quality between ice cream and ice cream part 2, and if you feel differently it can only be because countless listens has warped your ability to perceive its supreme wackness.

although ghost most likely always had ambitions to appeal to the mainstream, nothing on ironman or SC felt as blatant a cop out as love session or never be the same again, or ghost showers for that matter. yeah, he had all that i got is you on ironman and cherchez on SC, but not only were they great tracks in their own right but they also managed to sit well in the context of their respective albums. the commercial tracks on BPW, as with all similar tracks on every album after that, stick out like a sore thumb not just because of the lame attempt at a commercially appealing sound but because overall they're just not very good songs.

and as far as cohesiveness -- and here i just mean how these songs relate to one another strictly by the way they sound next to one another -- ironman and SC were flawless in that respect whereas BPW mixed live instrumentation songs with songs constructed from samples and has serious sequencing problems, like having love session in between the hilton and street chemistry (2 of the hardest tracks on there). p-tone, FS, MF, and to a lesser extent BDR all had these problems, and that's why i say it marked the beginning of that.

... great album tho.

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    Its a good album but lots of people never liked it because it followed SC.
    We have a winner.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Yeah BPW is definitely a good album but the advance I dl'ed that had The Watch, The Sun, and the Original VASTLY BETTER Flowers (all of which were some of the best songs of that YEAR IMO) was a LOT better than the final retail version...

Sure, I just burned my own bootleg with all of the missing songs but the retail version was not as good as the advance...

Also, BPW marked the first GFK album to feature Theodore Unit heavily which kinda pissed me off back then... I wanted to hear WU not Theodore... Eventually T-Unit grew on me (Trife in particular)...

Oh yeah and BPW destroys Pretty Toney (GF's worst album IMO)...

Oh and The HILTON is one of the best Wu songs of this DECADE...

along with maxine

idk what ya'll are talkin about, Ghostshowers and Walking Through the Darkness are fucking awesome.