once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 610 of 966 FirstFirst ... 110510560600607608609610611612613620660710 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 14484

Thread: NBA basketball thread

  1. #9136
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO STU View Post
    They need to get rid of Howard already, he acts like a 5 year old kid and doesn't seem like he takes the games seriously anyway. I guess that since he's a good player, he thinks he can treat the rest of the Magic however he wants to. Get over yourself dude.
    Magic has to be regretting not getting Bynum.

  2. #9137
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO STU View Post
    They need to get rid of Howard already, he acts like a 5 year old kid and doesn't seem like he takes the games seriously anyway. I guess that since he's a good player, he thinks he can treat the rest of the Magic however he wants to. Get over yourself dude.

    I have to stick up for Howard in this instance and ask what the fuck was Van Gundy doing announcing to the media that Howard had gone to Magic management and wanted him gone? That was a bitch move imo.












  3. #9138
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,451
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Howard had already done a lot of crap himself before Van Gundy did that though. A guy can only take so much. They are a team, not one guy. He should stop acting like he's superman and a prima donna, or nobody is going to want to be his teammate wherever he goes next.



  4. #9139
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,451
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The Suns with a big win tonight. Also, the Thunder's head coach said that the Suns head coach should win coach of the year. I doubt that Gentry will, but it's still been a real nice turnaround after a terrible start.



  5. #9140
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO STU View Post
    Howard had already done a lot of crap himself before Van Gundy did that though. A guy can only take so much. They are a team, not one guy. He should stop acting like he's superman and a prima donna, or nobody is going to want to be his teammate wherever he goes next.
    Yeah I don't disagree with this. He has fucked up but I put that down to immaturity. Van Gundy should know better and that stuff should have stayed within the organisation because now the situation is even worse.












  6. #9141
    1% Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Invisible College
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO STU View Post
    The Suns with a big win tonight. Also, the Thunder's head coach said that the Suns head coach should win coach of the year. I doubt that Gentry will, but it's still been a real nice turnaround after a terrible start.
    Yeah they really needed that win. The Suns have been pretty impressive. Gortat has been really good all season.

    But the bottom of the west is such a mess right now, who knows whether they'll get through.












  7. #9142
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

    I have to stick up for Howard in this instance and ask what the fuck was Van Gundy doing announcing to the media that Howard had gone to Magic management and wanted him gone? That was a bitch move imo.
    Dwight stabbed Van Gundy in the back worse by asking for him to be fired. I don't view Van Gundys actions as wrong because they made Howard look bad. Especially since he wasn't saying anything that wasn't true. If Dwight looked bad because of something he was doing then he only has himself to blame.
    Van Gundy was wrong because his actions really hurt the TEAM he's hired by, but he certainly didn't owe DWIGHT anything.

  8. #9143
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Dwight Howard undergoes surgery.
    He's done for the season, play-offs, Olympics and possibly training camp for next season.

    Kind of a perfect ending to a dramatic season for him.
    Last edited by OlympiQ; 04-20-2012 at 04:02 AM.

  9. #9144

    Default

    My Bulls are in a tough position now. Would it be better to rest their stars and allow Miami to take the #1 seed, or play all out for victory to stop that from happening? Rose and Deng could certainly use the rest, but the home team has won every game between the Heat and Bulls this season. Not only that, but the road to the conference finals will be much tougher for the #2 seed. fortunately, the Bulls have a great coach that I trust to make the right decision on it. Btw, as much as I hate to, I have to congratulate the Heat on a big win last night. They earned it.

  10. #9145

    Default

    why did they not trade him?

  11. #9146
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,451
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Another up and comer that dirty would like you's to know about:




  12. #9147

    Default

    i'm surprised y'all don't know about trevor booker

    he's dope, plays mad hard too.
    Non Ignorants




    RIP

  13. #9148
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,451
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Playing on the Wizards doesn't help



  14. #9149
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Celtics resting:
    Rondo
    KG
    Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Pietrus

    Should be a blowout win for the Hawks tonight.

  15. #9150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah they really needed that win. The Suns have been pretty impressive. Gortat has been really good all season.

    But the bottom of the west is such a mess right now, who knows whether they'll get through.
    the Suns making the playoffs gives Steve Nash a case for MVP. the suns roster is pretty bad, but still they manage to grind out wins in the west of all places.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
    Dwight stabbed Van Gundy in the back worse by asking for him to be fired. I don't view Van Gundys actions as wrong because they made Howard look bad. Especially since he wasn't saying anything that wasn't true. If Dwight looked bad because of something he was doing then he only has himself to blame.
    Van Gundy was wrong because his actions really hurt the TEAM he's hired by, but he certainly didn't owe DWIGHT anything.
    its really 50/50 with Van Gundy and Howard. Van Gundy telling the media Dwight wanted him fired was a pretty bitch move, but then again Howard asking for his coach to get the chop is also a bitch move. the person who needs to go first in Orlando however is the GM Otis Smith. everything he has done has been a disaster.

    the playoffs are gonna be tight, even though the East looks like a 2 horse race i think the Knicks have a chance to pull off an upset with they way they have been paying lately, and also the Celtics have begun to really get going as well.

    same can be said for the west, loads of teams can pull off an upset, the Clippers, Grizzlies all look good.

Similar Threads

  1. Ronin Exposed
    By PROPHETYAHWEH in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 04:22 AM
  2. Who here is gonna Order the Tyson fight?
    By Hayabusa in forum The Sports Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
  3. hey Born an Shrap.....check it out!
    By Sicka than aidZ in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
  4. Any people willing to help me out....
    By The Last Clansman in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •