once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 665 of 966 FirstFirst ... 165565615655662663664665666667668675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 14483

Thread: NBA basketball thread

  1. #9961
    DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NEW JERUSALEM
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,221
    Rep Power
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
    Love it when people use got Rodman or Pippen and then say Shaq or Jamison was old. Rodman was 35 years old when he came to the Bulls. For instance Ben Wallace on the Cavs was only 33.

    The Bulls never went out and got a star player for Jordan. Pippen didn't become a star until later on after playing with MJ.
    YEA RODMAN USED TO AVERAGE 16 18 BOARDS A GAME, GUESS WHAT 35 YR OLD TIMER RODMAN AVERAGED WHEN HE JOINED THE BULLS...

    YUP 13-14 REBOUNDS A GAME ROFL

    YOUR A FAGGiT TEENAGER AND TRYIN TO TELL ME ABOUT THE BULLS, I WAS A JORDAN FAN BEFORE A WADE FAN

    WADE AND JORDAN SHARE THE SAME BLOODLINE AS JESUS CHRIST

    UDONIS HASLEM HAS BILL WENNINGTONS MONEY SHOT\

    MARIO CHALMERS IS A HYBRID OF BJ ARMSTRONG MIXED WITH THE DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST RANDY BROWN

    THE GOD MIKE MILLER WILL BE OUR TONI KUKOC ONCE HE FINDS HIS 3 POINT SHoT


  2. #9962
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    lol @ saying that nobody is close to Lebron



  3. #9963
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Like has been stated, Lebron not showing up in the 4th quarter in last year's finals was a big reason that they lost, he got scared.



  4. #9964
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COLUMBIANA View Post
    YEA RODMAN USED TO AVERAGE 16 18 BOARDS A GAME, GUESS WHAT 35 YR OLD TIMER RODMAN AVERAGED WHEN HE JOINED THE BULLS...
    YUP 13-14 REBOUNDS A GAME ROFL
    God danm your slow.

    To bring up Pippen and Rodman as evidence of the Bulls stacking the deck for Jordan is ridiculous. When Rodman went to Chicago it was a move that was considered a pretty big risk seeing as Rodman had almost single-handedly sabotaged the Spurs championship efforts. Stop using Rodman as an example it shows you don't know bball. Rodman came for the 4th ring when Jordan was already being called the goat and had 3 rings.

    Most of the writers and articles point to that MJ aided Pippen into becoming the player he became. I could post several without a problem.

    If LeBron wins six in eight then we can look back at the Decision and his other laughable failures as growing pains. Until then, he's still the only superstar I can think of who was outscored by a Jason Terry level player in the NBA Finals.

    The difference, one turned that lowly franchise into a dynasty while one left to go play with a guy in his prime that already got the job done for a franchise that never won prior to him arriving.
    YOUR A FAGGiT TEENAGER AND TRYIN TO TELL ME ABOUT THE BULLS, I WAS A JORDAN FAN BEFORE A WADE FAN
    Your clearly as delusional as you are dumb.

    WADE AND JORDAN SHARE THE SAME BLOODLINE AS JESUS CHRIST

    UDONIS HASLEM HAS BILL WENNINGTONS MONEY SHOT\

    MARIO CHALMERS IS A HYBRID OF BJ ARMSTRONG MIXED WITH THE DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST RANDY BROWN

    THE GOD MIKE MILLER WILL BE OUR TONI KUKOC ONCE HE FINDS HIS 3 POINT SHoT
    Your a faggot, truly.

  5. #9965
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    lol @ saying that nobody is close to Lebron
    so, why do you think he's not the best player of his era?

    **awaits poor argument from check two** somebody better help this kid out.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  6. #9966
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post

    Most of the writers and articles point to that MJ aided Pippen into becoming the player he became. I could post several without a problem.
    .
    i agree with the writers.

    some people have gone as far as saying pippen was just as good if not better than jordan. people like to site the year a jodranless bulls team with pippen won 55 games and made it to the second round of the playoffs as why pippen was on jordan's level as a player.

    they conveniently leave out the fact that the following year the jordanless bulls were on the verge of missing the playoffs altogether until jordan came back very late in the season and they went on a winning streak to secure a playoff spot.

    they also dont want to talk about how much of a non-factor he was when he was in houston and in portland. the blazers didnt damn near win the west because of him. they won because of rasheed wallace, damon stadoumire, arvidus sabonis, and isiah rider. a lot of talent and a deep bench, with or without pippen.

    people will say thats because he was old. pippen was the same age as jordan when jordan won his last 3 titles.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  7. #9967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    so, why do you think he's not the best player of his era?

    **awaits poor argument from check two** somebody better help this kid out.
    Durant is close, but James is the best over all player

  8. #9968
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    really? no love for kobe?

    there isnt a player playing right now that has lebron's talent and ability. there are players that have been more successful because they have played on better teams that were better coached.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  9. #9969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    really? no love for kobe?

    there isnt a player playing right now that has lebron's talent and ability. there are players that have been more successful because they have played on better teams that were better coached.

    Kobe is at the end of his career James, and Durant are in their prime

  10. #9970
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    i agree with the writers.

    some people have gone as far as saying pippen was just as good if not better than jordan. people like to site the year a jodranless bulls team with pippen won 55 games and made it to the second round of the playoffs as why pippen was on jordan's level as a player.

    they conveniently leave out the fact that the following year the jordanless bulls were on the verge of missing the playoffs altogether until jordan came back very late in the season and they went on a winning streak to secure a playoff spot.

    they also dont want to talk about how much of a non-factor he was when he was in houston and in portland. the blazers didnt damn near win the west because of him. they won because of rasheed wallace, damon stadoumire, arvidus sabonis, and isiah rider. a lot of talent and a deep bench, with or without pippen.

    people will say thats because he was old. pippen was the same age as jordan when jordan won his last 3 titles.
    We can see without MJ in 94, 95 Pip's stats went slightly up. So without Jordan he might have routinely posted 1-2 higher PER seasons, but obviously far less if any titles, unless he lucked into another legit 1st option on his team.

    It's also fair to suggest he might not have ever grown into the player he was without Jordan's tutelage. When they asked Pip who was the toughest player he ever guarded, he said, "MJ, in practice every day." Questionable if he fine tunes his defensive ability to the same degree with out that every day experience against the best.

    Pippen lead them to the semi-finals without Jordan. They were also extremely fortunate that Cleveland (who had beat them 4-1 during the season) was missing 2 of its top 3 players plus Price was injured, or else they might have not advanced past the first round.

  11. #9971
    OlympiQ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    Durant is close, but James is the best over all player
    LeBron is #1.

    I like Dwight, Durant, Bryant, Paul and Wade in the next class. All of them do very different things, so its hard to choose without knowing their surroundings.

  12. #9972
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    so, why do you think he's not the best player of his era?

    **awaits poor argument from check two** somebody better help this kid out.
    How many Lebron posters do you have in your room? Kobe is a better overall player.



  13. #9973
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    And like I said in the past, if other superstars would have been put in Lebron's spot with that Cavs team, I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have won a championship.



  14. #9974
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    How many Lebron posters do you have in your room? Kobe is a better overall player.
    great counter argument pinhead.

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    And like I said in the past, if other superstars would have been put in Lebron's spot with that Cavs team, I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have won a championship.
    kobe did have that team for 3 years after shaq left and before pau came to town. didnt make the playoffs one year and was out in the first the other two.
    Last edited by THE W; 06-14-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  15. #9975
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,438
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    By the way, if I recall, how many all stars did Hakeem have on his team when the Rockets won that first championship?



Similar Threads

  1. Ronin Exposed
    By PROPHETYAHWEH in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 04:22 AM
  2. Who here is gonna Order the Tyson fight?
    By Hayabusa in forum The Sports Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
  3. hey Born an Shrap.....check it out!
    By Sicka than aidZ in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
  4. Any people willing to help me out....
    By The Last Clansman in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:16 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •