once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 707 of 966 FirstFirst ... 207607657697704705706707708709710717757807 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 14484

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Matter of fact, in upcoming years, we will see more and more 36+ players due to improved medicine and rehab techiniques.

OlympiQ

Damn Ray Allen's shooting lights out so far, Boston def. miss him and Allen def. better than Jason Terry.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

350 pound Odom still think he's a Laker?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...8750--nba.html

#WorldClass #OlympicClass IronSheik's Avatar

Default Steve Blake Apologizes To Fan He Cursed Out After Finding Out Who's Son He Was

Getting his first start of the season, Steve Blake racked up three times as many fouls as baskets. Blake heard it from the crowd, but specifically from one fan named Lance Jackson, sitting courtside. Jackson says he yelled at Blake about "[needing] to knock down those open shots"—others nearby say there was a bit more profanity involved.

So Blake confronted the fan, yelling at him from across the court, then, after fouling out, walking over to his seats to continue the conversation. It's hard to tell from the video, but I spotted "bitch," "fuck you," and possibly "suck a dick."

Blake was fined by the league yesterday, $25,000 for "directing inappropriate language toward a fan." Later Tuesday, Blake reached out to the fan, and had him and his father over to the Lakers' practice facility to smooth things over. It might've been an honest conciliatory gesture from Blake, or it might've been because the fan's father is a big timer.

Steve Jackson is the chairman of shoe company LA Gear, and the Lakers probably want to stay on his good side. Besides having eight courtside season tickets, Jackson's Bel Air home hosts a massive replica of the Staples Center, down to the championship banners hanging from the rafters. The Lakers often work out potential draft picks at Jackson's gym, and visiting teams have been known to hold their morning shoot-arounds there.

So when Blake takes full responsibility for yelling at Jackson, and says "they're great people and they didn't deserve to have that type of interaction with a player," just keep in mind that the type of people it's OK to publicly berate aren't the ones who can afford floor seats.

lol @ LA Gear

-

I see Cleveland beat the Clippers this week which was a surprise. I also see Brooklyn lost to Minnesota when they had a 20 point something lead. I knew Brooklyn wasn't gonna be that good. They're gonna need more than Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace to get to the playoffs.

-

Philadelphia and New Orleans is gonna be on ESPN tonight. I'm gonna watch it because i wanna see Anthony Davis for the Hornets and Jason Richardson and Nick Young for the Sixers. I was watching Youtube highlights of Jason Richardson yesterday when he was with the Warriors and Bobcats. He did some awesome dunks. His dunks at slam dunk contest were raw.

Some jealous broads are complaining that the Mavs cheerleaders' are wearing too little clothing? lol

Default Fakers Fire Mike Brown

Last edited by IronSheik; 11-10-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Default D'Antoni in as the new coach of the fake show

4 year deal: $12 million over three years, with a team option for a fourth

this Don Nelson wannabe....so much for playin whatever defense they were...lol

What happened with Phil Jackson?

Default By The Numbers

lol...why would they want him back for a 3rd time after he 'retired' anyway

plus he wants too much $ & they weren't willing to pay him 4x the amount they payin this coach

think about it like this: they're now payin this fool $12 Mil over 3 years...Phil was gettin $12.5 Mil in his last year (2010) before retiring after getting swept by the Mavs & surely wanted a raise to come back which they weren't havin

Last edited by IronSheik; 11-12-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Well I heard that Phil Jackson's agent was on a plane ride to discuss a possible deal with them, when they announced the Italian dude as coach, so it didn't make any sense, lol

Like I said before.. I'd like to see Jackson go somewhere to see if he can build a team up, instead of coming to one that is already set to win a possible championship, like the Bulls and Lakers teams were previously.