once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 104 of 966 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 14486

Thread: NBA basketball thread

like I said the lakers are the best team in the NBA right now any time u give a player like kobe a team look out

-

LOL@Cleveland losing to Milwaukee a few days ago hahahahahahahahaha. The Cavs aren't going far in the playoffs this year. I don't like the recent trade they made because Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Sczerbiak are washed up and they aren't gonna take the Cavs to the championship the next few years. Ben, Joe, Wally will probably be outta the league in a few years anyway.

a prime example of detroit shooting themselves in the foot. up 15 with 5 mins left. and then lose to utah.

cassell waived by the clippers, Boston maybe????

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    LOL@Cleveland losing to Milwaukee a few days ago hahahahahahahahaha. The Cavs aren't going far in the playoffs this year. I don't like the recent trade they made because Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Sczerbiak are washed up and they aren't gonna take the Cavs to the championship the next few years. Ben, Joe, Wally will probably be outta the league in a few years anyway.
    Are you for real? Redd hit an amazing shot to win it and Mo Williams went off for 37....I like the way the Cavs look so far...they run more, and are way deeper off the bench so LeBron doesnt have to carry them. Just wait till they get Boobie back.

Detroit doesnt have any superstars that can take over or dominate the paint. They get most of there points off of outside shots so they are prone to blowing leads and going cold down the stretch.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

The Cavs are lucky they aren't in the west though, or they would be about the 10th seed right now.

The Cavs would be most of those teams in a series tho.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

even tho they were playin the Bucks, the Nets look like a whole different team with Harris..

it's funny cuz Kidd's strength with the Nets was sposed to be how he pushes the floor and makes them a running team, but Harris is even faster and he can actually finish by himself if he has to..

plus VC looked revitalized..

this could work out REALLY well for the Nets...

PS: Diop is a beast...

-

LOL@NickyTooch hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You need to stop smoking weed because it's messing up your brain cells LOL. You said the Cavs could beat any good team in the west in a playoff series hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Detroit will get farther in the playoffs this year than the Cavs will. The Cavs got lucky last year when they beat Detroit in the playoffs. That shit won't ever happen again. I bet the Cavs will get beat in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They might get beat in the first round depending on who they play. They better hope they don't have to face the Wizards again in the first round because if Caron Butler and Gilbert Arenas are healthy for the playoffs, the Cavs will lose to them.

They could beat alot of those teams...No one in the West is ubeatable. Cavs beat Detroit straight up...they match up well. Detroit is overrated anyway.

Boston will be tough if they get Cassell.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i dono if any of you guys follow Hollinger's work on ESPN.com but he's brilliant..and the statistical power rankings (not the subjective bullshit ones) that take into effect the factors listed on there (scroll to the bottom)..

Detroit is #3...they ain't overrated, please stop sayin that..

Quote Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
    i dono if any of you guys follow Hollinger's work on ESPN.com but he's brilliant..and the statistical power rankings (not the subjective bullshit ones) that take into effect the factors listed on there (scroll to the bottom)..

Detroit is #3...they ain't overrated, please stop sayin that..
    Ok, I'll level with you....They get put into a class with the Spurs, and they aren't in that class of teams. They are very good, but whenever they lose, someone claims they beat themselves, which I think is complete garbage.
    Saying the Cavs beating the Pistons was a fluke or the Pistons beating themselves is like saying LeBron James is a fluke and had nothing to do with beating them. You can't fluke yourself thru a Conference Finals.

Detroit had alot of flaws when matched up w/ bigger teams who have superstar players. Its why Miami and Cleveland have gotten past them lately.

Those power rankings are BS in my opinion. Taking into account current play a little too much. You gonna tell me you like the Sixers chances better than LeBrons?

The best ranking system in the NBA season and playoffs.

Damn the Rockets 14 in a row...not bad at all...do you think that Dikembe M. Will be able to hold shit down until Yao is back??

the rockets have been the team everyone predicted them to be in the beginning of the season. and mutombo will probably keep it up. it will be tough for them in the playoffs though.

^^ I agree.