once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 169 of 966 FirstFirst ... 69119159166167168169170171172179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 14484

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Why did the Celtics sign Darius Miles? lol

-

I didn't know Darius Miles was still in the league hahahahahahahahahaha. Didn't Damon Jones play for Milwaukee before? Is this his 20th team now? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

how well do u guys think detroits goin to do next year, this teams disapointed me ever since they lost game 7 to san antonio, they seem like they think they can win whenever they want, but they just collapse in the playoffs these days, was larry brown being fired a bad decision? And even though they are getting older, i dont think they should switch shit up right now, adding melo would've been great but thats not goin to happen now, i think they gotta sit down with tayshaun cuz this guy could be one at the end of games that could take over the majority of the abll handling, to me he should anyways. Rasheeds my fav player all time probably but his play is so annoying, this guy is so talented, he can go inside and out, and he can be tough on the defensive end, but for some reason it's like he doesnt really want to try or wutever, charles barkley during the playoffs said that if him and kg played to their full potential sheed would be the better player, anyways lets get to ur guys' thoughts.

Detroit is getting old plain and simple. Their best years are behind them. They are a solid team but they never had that one true superstar that could take over a game like LeBron or Kobe. They play good team defense and offense, but individually they have a collection of very good players but none great.

That being said, I think the problem with Detroit last year and the year before has been they have no low post game whatsoever. Rasheed usually camps out behind the 3 point line and settles for jumpshots.
    Their whole team is jumpshot orientated and, like Chicago, when they are on, they look great, but when they are off or just average, they looke either terrible or horriblely inconsistent.

They really blew it with the Milicic pick. They could have had Bosh, Anthony Wade, you name it.
    They've added some youth, but their core is getting old and you can't expect their production to get better.

Plus now they have to deal with the superstars of the East like LeBron and Wade, and the three headed monster that is Boston.
    They've shown they can't stop LeBron and struggle with the Cavs...they got handled by Boston.

I just think they are done. They will still make the playoffs and give teams a nice run but I don't think they are capable of winning a championship.
    Look eye, always look eye.

i think Detroit are done now. they seem to have lost that playoff edge. they are great in regular season. but there playoff performances have dropped.

i cant help but think what would have happened if they had drafted Bosh. he was an ideal fit for Detroit. drafting Milicic was worse than Kvame Brown being number 1 pick.

yea...imagine if they got Wade or Anthony too.....At the time, no one was saying Wade at 2 (even tho he tore it up in college, i remember watchin him in the tourney...he was DOMINATING)...
    I'm surprised they didnt take Carmelo tho......comin off a tournement victory as a frosh...I just dont the these infatuations with these Euro/Asian centers/big men. Especially not that high in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN View Post
    i think Detroit are done now. they seem to have lost that playoff edge. they are great in regular season. but there playoff performances have dropped.

i cant help but think what would have happened if they had drafted Bosh. he was an ideal fit for Detroit. drafting Milicic was worse than Kvame Brown being number 1 pick.
    but yo, Detroit almost beat the Celtics.. that to me means they can mix it up in the playoffs.

Almost??? they lost 4-2.....Cleveland and Atlanta gave them a better match than Detroit did.

Milicic was an unknown in Europe. watever he did, he did at the workouts. it still dnt make sense to me though. he must have been dunking from the 3 point line or something. i dunno.

Joe Dumars fucked that one up....I mean this dude can't even get in a game and the rest of them guys we named are gold medalist olympians.
    If i was a Detroit fan i'd still be pissed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Almost??? they lost 4-2.....Cleveland and Atlanta gave them a better match than Detroit did.
    doh ! my fault.. i mistaken it with Cleveland.. but you cant front tho detroit still makin playoffs and being #1 most of the season without any particular superstar..

i mean, yea, they are a solid team and can give anyone a run for there money. But i just dont think they can grind out a seven game series with a top team anymore.

^^ nah i hear ya, interesting too see if boston will continue their domination next season..

I think Boston will be very good again and they will be the team to beat, but I Miami will be better and so will Cleveland and you have to figure teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee will be better.

if Cleveland was able to fuck with the champs like Boston, how sick would it be if LeBron had some reliable players ? i'll just hope for him comin to the knicks.. its been embarrasing to be a knich fan in recent years...