once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 279 of 966 FirstFirst ... 179229269276277278279280281282289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 14484

Thread: NBA basketball thread

IronFingaz, don't get too excited just cause your *team* hasn't been to the conference finals since 1996 and they didn't even win any games in that series.

Cavs outscored in 3rd and 4th quarter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rome
    Zack Greinke is better than Greg Maddux

Quote Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
    IronFingaz, don't get too excited just cause your *team* hasn't been to the conference finals since 1996 and they didn't even win any games in that series.
    Not at all, series aint over until 4 games are won, as a Magic fan I know that first hand. Pistons were one of those 8 teams that did it against us.

P.E.A.C.E.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFingaz7 View Post
    Not at all, series aint over until 4 games are won, as a Magic fan I know that first hand. Pistons were one of those 8 teams that did it against us.

P.E.A.C.E.
    not at all what? i already know the 4 games = win

Not at all getting excited.

P.E.A.C.E.

mk

i was pretty close with the score, lets go lakers!!
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

Lakers did iight tonight...Hopefully they can close the series out in Denver...

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Well exactly. You jumped on the bandwagon when they were good. I doubt you even knew of the Magic when it was just Nick Anderson and Anthony Bowie.

Like i said.....bandwagon. Its just like these little kids around the country who are Cavs fans because of Lebron, or people who became Bulls fans because of Jordan.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm just saying you are what you are. A bandwagon fan. You began rooting for a team because they had the hot commodity at the time.

dude i aint even trying to be a dick and stick it to your team at the moment.

when a kid is 8 years old he doesnt know anything about bandwagoning. its not like i grew up 10 mins from the garden. i grew up 10 hours from the garden. im prob closer to the cavs, the 76ers, the raptors, same as the nets. kids at the age dont really care about who their "proper" home town team is unless its learned by their parents.

my dad came over from the mother land. he didnt, and still does not give a shit about american sports. i on the other hand, although i see soccer as the master sport, have a great apperciation for americnan sports.

i became a magic fan because about the time i started to form oppions and get inetrested in sports shaq came out. i was a fan of shaq desiel. i thought the dude was a cool guy, at 8 years old. if that makes me a band wagon, in the era of mike jordan winning 6 out of 8 (shoulda been 8/8 if he didnt experiement with stickball...go mets) then so be it.

but to me a bandwagon is a guy who likes whoever is hot. if that was the case i would have been routing for lebron or kobe right now. i would have abbonded the magic long ago, probably 10 years ago when they were the worst team in basketball. but even then i checked for them and hoped they did good. they didnt, but in turn it let them get the no.1 pick in 04 draft and in turn howard. when they got their new blue chip they invested in the likes of turk, big shot shard, the frenchmen, skip, gorat, aj, ect. they just fit the system.

and now they are doing work. they just happen to match up great against the cavs. they still have to close it out, which is not a given.

but hating on a dude bc his team is beating your "home town" team is some bs. its one thing if i jumped teams and just got to the magic. but they were my first favorite basketball team, and remain so. sooooooo be easy son.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Different sport, but I think it pertains to the argument at hand. How does this translate with college sports? Are you a bandwagon fan if you did not attend the school? Or are you bandwagon if you root for any school other than the physically closest? How about in my case where the local team was taken and relocated? I hadn't followed basketball seriously in years before that, but I would have stopped caring/watching when the Supersonics were moved if I had not.

I do generally agree with the idea that you should root for your local teams regardless. I do understand the appeal of other teams (Jordan was dominating things when I was most into basketball, but I always remained a Sonics fan throughout), but it seems kind of harsh to label anyone who has stuck with a choice from childhood with the term bandwagon. I think if you stick with that team after the player that got you interested in that team that has to count for something. Bandwagon seems to imply winning, and if you stuck with the team for the losses as well...I dunno interesting topic though.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
    dude. if you saw the replay, AV didn't do shit and the ref pointed to him when it was another player who committed the foul. the fucking broadcasters didn't agree either. and what nonsense? the refs aren't favoring the cavs, both teams are getting bullshit calls. the refs (half the time) are stupid little fucks who daydream and waddle on the court like penguins. i'm just saying that the most bullshit call of the game was the one where AV was fouled out for no reason. they brought wallace into the game for some D. but he didn't do shit either. LeBron was doing shit by himself. those 3 reasons were a big part of why the cavs lost. i don't remember the Dwight Howard fould out. i tryed looking for it on the internet but couldn't find it
    Lebron committing more turnovers himself that game than the Magic team didn't help too much either.

magic will finish leBrick and the cavs, lets go melo!!

I'll be at the game tonight throwing batteries at the Magic
    Look eye, always look eye.

So whts up clevland loseing tonight
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

Cavs are losing focus..