once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 287 of 966 FirstFirst ... 187237277284285286287288289290297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 14484

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rode Block View Post
    Lakers suck at defending the 3 and the Magic can hit the 3...That isn't good, plus Lewis causes a big match up problem for the Lakers. He plays at the 3 point line so our two best rebounders will be forced out of the paint.

I just don't like this match up.

I don't think Dwight will give us too much problems...it's their wing players that could kill the Lakers.
    Nobody defends the 3 well because its alot of space to cover. What I'm sayin is there is no reason why Bynum, as big and agile as he is should not be able to handle Dwight. And not having to really worry about Dwight offensively will only make it easier to defend the 3.

They only get open 3's cuz of doubling Dwight and dribble penetration from the towelhead Turk. Odom or whomever should be able to handle him on the perimeter.

People act like Orlando causes all these problems, but the real problem is that the NBA lacks an abundance of big men with back to the basket low post skills.

The Lakers should make the Magic pay for going small and pound them down low.

I think the Lakers will beat them in 5.
    Look eye, always look eye.

well in the regular season it was Nelson who killed the Lakers twice and well he out. but Bynum did a terrible job defending Howard. i say the match-ups are pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Nobody defends the 3 well because its alot of space to cover. What I'm sayin is there is no reason why Bynum, as big and agile as he is should not be able to handle Dwight. And not having to really worry about Dwight offensively will only make it easier to defend the 3.

They only get open 3's cuz of doubling Dwight and dribble penetration from the towelhead Turk. Odom or whomever should be able to handle him on the perimeter.

People act like Orlando causes all these problems, but the real problem is that the NBA lacks an abundance of big men with back to the basket low post skills.

The Lakers should make the Magic pay for going small and pound them down low.

I think the Lakers will beat them in 5.
    Odom don't play the 3 anymore...Ariza and Walton will be splitting minutes on Hedo. Gasol and Odom will guard Lewis...and Gasol and Bynum are gonna be the main match up against Dwight.

I ain't trying to say that I don't think the Lakers can win...I know they can beat teh Magic, but it's gonna take a lot more than 5 games, IMO.

Lee and Pietrus are both solid defensive players and I know Alston will give the Lakers problems...If our front line dominates and Kobe continues to do his thing I think we can beat 'em in 6 or 7.

lolcavs

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rome
    Zack Greinke is better than Greg Maddux

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

A big letdown by the Cavs in a must win game. Did Lebron even score in the 4th quarter? The Sixers gave the Magic a tougher series.

yeah lebron needs some help. if he can get a consistent 20 PPG player who can get his own shot and play some ok defense he'll own the NBA.

right now, his team isnt good enough.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
    yeah lebron needs some help. if he can get a consistent 20 PPG player who can get his own shot and play some ok defense he'll own the NBA.

Maurice Williams averages real close to 20 a game.

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post

15 points scored in the 2nd
    20 in the 4rth
    by cleveland..
    doesnt help also when ur starting center scores 2 points..
    jack will be happy this year...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7dDK-YbrNo

P.E.A.C.E.
    Last edited by IronFingaz7; 05-30-2009 at 11:29 PM.

adande writes in l.a. doesnt he..
    time to go around the horn..

Listen I Hate To Beat A Dead Horse But It's Clear Now That Lebron Doesnt Have A Cast That Will Help Him.

All The People Sayin Why Would He Leave The Cavs There Ready To Win Now Was Non Sense. When You HAve Someone Who Can Get To The Rim At Will In Lebron Your Automatically A Threat And He Makes Everyone Better.

Truthfully The Knicks Might Have An Equal Cast For Lebron As The Cavs Do. I Seen It A Mile Away.

I Think The Lakers Will Win But Dwight Will Go Off On Them Trust That Bynum Cant Cover Him. Ariza Defending Hedo Should Be Intresting.
    Wherever I go, my crew, is true to swarm
    Got stripes in New York like Yankee uniforms-Biggie

Lebron's sore. No handshakes with the opponents, no talking to the media. He's maturity really shows.

Lebron would be a fool to stay in Cleveland. They aren't bringing anyone in to take the workload off Lebron. All they have is a group of players that make Lebron look better because they don't do anything and force Lebron to do everything: shoot, drive, defend, rebound, block. He's playing every position on the court because he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Maurice Williams averages real close to 20 a game.
    mo isnt good enough to give lebron the help he needs. maybe he can develop into that player but he isnt there yet and that was proven in this series where he didnt show up. he's not the go to player that can pick up the slack when lebron is on the bench or is having a bad night.

lamar odom >>> mo williams
    pau gasol >>> mo williams
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

unless the lakers are gonna make a bid for james dude isnt going anywhere especially not to new york.

why would go to the knicks? he doesnt need to go there to be star, he's a star already. plus that team isnt any better than the cavs talentwise and under diantoni they dont play any defense. one of the reasons why the cavs are so dangerous in the playoffs other than lebron is there team defense.

he can win where he is, he just needs a quality sidekick.