once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 58 of 966 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Playoffs coming up...Hornets prolly wont make it, unless the clips lose the rest of their games and the hornets win out. Oh well I want to see the nuggets do something, Kobe will put on a show as usual, will Lebron elevate his game and team to a 1st title?

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Playoffs coming up...Hornets prolly wont make it, unless the clips lose the rest of their games and the hornets win out. Oh well I want to see the nuggets do something, Kobe will put on a show as usual, will Lebron elevate his game and team to a 1st title?
    Nuggets will lose first round, Kobe will lose first round, and Lebron...who knows how he'll play.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

I seriously doubt the Cavs will win the title this season, or even make it to the finals. The Pistons, Bulls, and Heat are stronger in the east. And Lebron can't make any shots near the end of games.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I seriously doubt the Cavs will win the title this season, or even make it to the finals. The Pistons, Bulls, and Heat are stronger in the east. And Lebron can't make any shots near the end of games.
    the pistons bulls and heat are all weaker than they were last year when the cavs made a great run in the playoffs due to Lebron's clutch shooting. Have faith, they have a great shot to win the east, but alas no shot at winning the title. I think it belongs to dallas or phoenix this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

I don't know about the Bulls being weaker this year, than last year. I could say that the Cavs are weaker right now than last season, also.

Yeah, but Lebron doesn't have any clutch shooting this year. And he's been shooting foul shots like Ben Wallace. The rest of the team just watches Lebron at the end of games. If he's going to keep missing shots at the end of games, he needs to get the other players involved more.

Suga Duga

Who's your Defensive Player of the Year guys?

Alonzo Mourning. When he was a starter this year he was 3rd in blocks and he makes everyone change their shot. He may get dunked on, but it's only once or twice a season. Watch the playoffs, you'll see what I mean.

Suga Duga

I would say Marcus Camby, the D in Denver is weak, without Camby they would struggle even more on the defensive end... without him they wouldn't clinch a playoff birth

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I don't know about the Bulls being weaker this year, than last year. I could say that the Cavs are weaker right now than last season, also.

Yeah, but Lebron doesn't have any clutch shooting this year. And he's been shooting foul shots like Ben Wallace. The rest of the team just watches Lebron at the end of games. If he's going to keep missing shots at the end of games, he needs to get the other players involved more.
    yeah, Lebron is struggling a little bit with his shot, every player goes through that during such a long season...
    Lebron is sharing the ball - but the other Cavs are unable to create their own shots or show creativity in the half-court, Pistons will make it to the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    yeah, Lebron is struggling a little bit with his shot, every player goes through that during such a long season...
    Lebron is sharing the ball - but the other Cavs are unable to create their own shots or show creativity in the half-court, Pistons will make it to the Finals
    tru i dont get all the pressure put on Lebron ppl cant expect him to do all the work for the cavs, once he has a little slump he gets all the blame for the cavs losing. i think it would be good if the cavs could get a good point guard it would life some pressure off Lebron and someone else would create the plays. i would say kobe is in the same situation, the lakers wont win unless his hitting 50, once he gives the other players the chance they miss. in a game where kobe hits 20 the lakers lose, then he gets all the blame.

Suga Duga

Kobe is carrying his team...Lebron is carrying his team...Tracy carried the Rockets without the big fella - there are not many teams in this league that can reach the playoffs without their star...it comes to the co-star (if you got one) and the glue players to be a contender, never forget the damn bench, too important

Lebron will win a title before he retires...dude is just too good

But I dunno if it'll be with the Cavs, or with the Cavs' current roster. Everyone around him is just waay too dependent on him.

This year though, all about the west. Gotta be Mavs/Suns takin it all.

"We don't need no diamond rings
    All we need is a drum like
    Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"

Suga Duga

Coach of the Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    Coach of the Year?
    Avery Johnson (Nash MVP)

Is anyone else surprised by the Raptors this year? I wasn't expecting them to have as good of a season as they are.