Page 654 of 965 FirstFirst ... 154554604644651652653654655656657664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 14471

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Boston are gonna smash OKC.

KG is the best center and no one is going to be able to guard him.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Why would it be a joke? Not many people were giving the Celtics a chance against the Heat either.

The Celtics haven't won that series yet either and even if they do, I think it's unlikely they'll beat an OKC team with the home court advantage. Make a case though.

IMO, the Heat are in trouble in this series because their weaknesses as a team align with some of Bostons strengths (at the point, and inside). That will not be the case with OKC. Ibaka and Perkins are not Turiaf, Anthony or whichever other scrub you care to name and Westbrook is leagues ahead of Chalmers.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

The Celtics have beat the Heat in 15 of the last 16 times they played them at home, so they need to pull the win tomorrow night.

Well after the first game of the series, a lot of people(ESPN included) were saying the Celtics were going to get swept or win one game at the most. They were too old this and too old that. So even if the Celtics lose the series against the Heat, they did a lot better than some were expecting them too.

If the Celtics win the series, Garnett is leagues ahead of any tall guy that the Thunder have. OKC won't be able to handle the Celtics grit and toughness if they play them. Pierce will be solid, in addition to Rondo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    If the Celtics win the series, Garnett is leagues ahead of any tall guy that the Thunder have. OKC won't be able to handle the Celtics grit and toughness if they play them. Pierce will be solid, in addition to Rondo.
    Perhaps, but KG won't be as influential offensively. OKC have beat Dallas, The Lakers, and The Spurs so if that doesn't prove to you they can handle another teams toughness and grit I don't know what would. Maybe overcoming a two game deficit against a team many were saying would win it all and even sweep OKC.

Rondo will have to have an incredible series IMO for Boston to win, presuming they make it through.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

LOOKS LIKE WESTBITCH IS GONNA GET RAPED BY MARIO CHALMERs

Still overrated, imo.

Westbrook is developing that mid range J nicely but he's still not a true PG. That doesn't mean he isn't an absolute threat though.

And Garnett wouldn't get off on Ibaka/Perkins the way he is vs. Miami's weak inside D. He'll still pop off because he's been revitalized this post season but he won't get 20 fucking alley oops a game. Perkins/Ibaka also won't give him wide open passing lanes for easy slams. They would body up on him.

Wade has to drive to the hoop and get to the foul line and make his fucking FTs tonight. Bosh cannot sit out the entire 4th qrtr. LeBron has to do better in the 4th. And for the love of God put a body on Garnett, make him post up and shoots those J's. Hopefully Joel Anthony gets some PT as I see him as the only man capable of at least pestering KG in to EARNING his buckets.

It's do or die but best believe if the Heat win tonight, they will win this series.

the heat have a coach that cant draw up a play or make any adjustments. the heat look lost out there most of the time. doc rivers is having a field day in this series.

lebron and wade dont have a consistent midrange game, no pull-up jumper. something that westbrook and durant have shown they have. james harden is an absolute beast. kendrick perkins will lock KG up. the heat have barely even tried to guard KG so far this series. maybe they'll actually put a man on him this game.

if the heat can somehow pull this out, they go down to OKC in 5. they have the talent to win but they are horribly coached.

if the celtics win, they'll go down in 6. the celtics have shown that they still have something left and are well coached but this isnt gonna be a good matchup for them.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Assuming the Heat make the finals this is the key difference between the Thunder, and Heat while the has the big three the thunder has a whole team, and a bench they can rely on

ERIK SPOELSTRA IS EASILY BEST COACH OF THE PLAYOFFs, I DONT GET WHY THEY WOULD BLAME WADES HORRIBLE FIRST HALFS AND LEBRONS BAD 4ThS ON SCIENTIST SPO/

SPO WILL OUTCOACH DOC FOR THE SECOND PLAYOFFS IN AROW, THAN HES GONNA OUTCOACH MICHEAL J FOX IN THE FINALs

he's the best coach left...he will be fired if the heat win no rings this year

OlympiQ

The fact that a Wade/James pick and roll isn't a integral part of Miami's "structured offense" (and I do mean that VERY loosely) tells me all I need to know about Spo.

Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
    The fact that a Wade/James pick and roll isn't a integral part of Miami's "structured offense" (and I do mean that VERY loosely) tells me all I need to know about Spo.
    celt's pick & roll offense is half the reason they're shitting so hard

Rondo was injured last year. Celtics weren't outcoached.

OO I LIKE HOW SPO DIDNT START BOSH WHEN EVERYONE THOUGHT IF HE DIDNT THEY WOULD FIRE SPO