once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 9 of 966 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA basketball thread

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball Thread

^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--*breathes in*--HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

Quote Originally Posted by TiCaL24
    I'd take Kwame, it all depends on the team really

He's 23 years old, still got potential. He averaged around 8 and 8 for the last 2 months of the season if I remember, plus he's athletic and strong which he uses to his advantage on the defensive end.

Wizards don't need him anymore, they're in the playoff hunt now, they need veterans who will step in immidiately and contribute.
    that was 2 years ago, this past year he was a total bum the whole year

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

Clippers '05-'06 Projected Lineup:

SF Corey Maggete
    PF Elton Brand
    C Chris Kaman
    PG Marko Jaric
    SG Cuttino Mobley

Except for Jaric, that's a pretty strong lineup...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik

Quote Originally Posted by woozer
    that was 2 years ago, this past year he was a total bum the whole year
    go look it up on nba.com

in april he put up 8 and 5 and in march he put up 8 and 7. my numbers were a little off.

Kwame was injured for most of the year until the later part of the season.

on another Laker note Vlade Divac is set to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Xtadas
    Clippers '05-'06 Projected Lineup:

SF Corey Maggete
    PF Elton Brand
    C Chris Kaman
    PG Marko Jaric
    SG Cuttino Mobley

Except for Jaric, that's a pretty strong lineup...
    Jaric is a FA, I don't think he'll be resigning in Los Angeles. But it doesn't matter because they still have Shaun Livingston and he's a G

Quote Originally Posted by TiCaL24
    go look it up on nba.com

in april he put up 8 and 5 and in march he put up 8 and 7. my numbers were a little off.

Kwame was injured for most of the year until the later part of the season.
    i watched 75% of the wizards games this year and he was a bum in every one. March his 5 best games pts. wise were against charlotte, atlanta, portland, and golden state. Out of all those teams i think golden state was the only one within 20 games of .500. He also shot under .41% and averaged .5 bpg that month, so yeah, he was a bum.

In april ill admit he had a couple good scoring(good scoring being more then 10pts mind you) against decent teams but he also had games of 2pts. in 24 minutes, 4 pts. in 25 minutes, 2pts. in 10 minutes, 0 in 6 minutes(against chicago who the wizards were fighting for position with at the time), 3pts. in 14 minutes, and 0pts. in 10 minutes. And he only averaged 4.2 rebounds per game with under 1 block per game. It was nice that you could take a cursory glance at the stats but you probaly didnt see a single wizards game all year

spelling error edit

A K A . MOUSER WORDS...

Question Re: Basketball Thread

Fuck Da Spurs... Also Wut Do Ppl Think Bout Da Lakers.... ? Whether N L.a. Or Outside L.a. {also Check Out "3 Peat" And Shit.... } @ TEMPLE OF DARTS

All About Da Fucken Lakers!!!

PEACE OUT !!!
    BLAZE IT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY_TICAL
    Fuck Da Spurs... Also Wut Do Ppl Think Bout Da Lakers.... ? Whether N L.a. Or Outside L.a. {also Check Out "3 Peat" And Shit.... } @ TEMPLE OF DARTS

All About Da Fucken Lakers!!!

PEACE OUT !!!
    The Spurs are the champs so I guess everybody but them, is sayin fuck em. The Lakers... as long as Kobe is the focal point they aint gonna win no championships. Kobe cant play WITH nobody except himself. Kobe is all about I not Team.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

FRESH FISH

Im glad to see johnny_Tical is still not given a fuck and showin luv 4 the lakers. even tho they might be lottery again next year, im still down purple and gold. Fuck the Heat, hahahahahah...
    It blows extreme, mean stream be the theme
    Supreme team, America's Cream Team, redeemed
    Vidal Sassoon, chrome tones hear the moans of Al Capone
    Gun POW to the dome
    And split the bone, wig blown off the ledge
    By the alledged, full - fledged, sledge RZA edge

Quote Originally Posted by woozer
    i watched 75% of the wizards games this year and he was a bum in every one. March his 5 best games pts. wise were against charlotte, atlanta, portland, and golden state. Out of all those teams i think golden state was the only one within 20 games of .500. He also shot under .41% and averaged .5 bpg that month, so yeah, he was a bum.

In april ill admit he had a couple good scoring(good scoring being more then 10pts mind you) against decent teams but he also had games of 2pts. in 24 minutes, 4 pts. in 25 minutes, 2pts. in 10 minutes, 0 in 6 minutes(against chicago who the wizards were fighting for position with at the time), 3pts. in 14 minutes, and 0pts. in 10 minutes. And he only averaged 4.2 rebounds per game with under 1 block per game. It was nice that you could take a cursory glance at the stats but you probaly didnt see a single wizards game all year

spelling error edit
    I never said anything about his offense...

All I said was that he's still young, athletic and strong which makes him a good one on one defender. Nothing about him being some offensive machine.

you did mention his offense, you mentioned how many points he scored which is his offense. And he was ever worse at defense, thats why he rarely got minutes in big games. Just stop man, you never saw a wizards game, its obvious

Stromile Swift to the Rockets. That should help them alot. They have 3 players who can be major factors now. But the problem is, whos gonna get them the ball. The Rockets still need a point guard. But with Mcgrady, Yao, and Stromile they should be a top west team again next year. Heres the link to the story about the stromile move....http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

Default Nets sign F Shareef Abdur-Rahim

NEWARK, New Jersey (Ticker) - Free agent forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim reportedly has agreed to a five-year contract with the New Jersey Nets, who were looking to fortify their frontcourt.

The Newark Star-Ledger reported in Tuesday's editions that the 6-10 Abdur-Rahim, who spent the last one-plus seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, will sign for the mid-level exception after the teams were unable to work out a sign-and-trade deal.

The mid-level exception allows teams over the salary cap to sign players and is expected to be between $4.9 million and $5.2 million once the new collective bargaining agreement is ratified. Abdur-Rahim's deal will be between $27 million and $30 million.

According to the report, Abdur-Rahim could have received a six-year, $38 million deal had he been signed by the Trail Blazers and dealt to the Nets for a $4.9 million trade exception and the rights to 2005 second-round pick Mile Ilic. But New Jersey was unwilling to part with Ilic.

Abdur-Rahim averaged 16.8 points and 7.3 rebounds while shooting better than 50 percent last season while accepting a reduced role with the Trail Blazers, who were playing many of their younger players.

The third overall pick in the 1996 draft, Abdur-Rahim, 29, has averaged 19.8 points and 8.1 rebounds in 672 games for Vancouver, Atlanta and Portland. He was an All-Star in 2002 with Atlanta but has never played in the postseason.

That likely will change in New Jersey, where he will man the frontcourt with improving center Nenad Krstic. The Nets have one of the best perimeter trios in the NBA in Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson.

Last season, the Nets were 24th in rebounding margin and 26th in blocks margin. They did not pick up the option on veteran forward Cliff Robinson and will lose forward Brian Scalabrine to free agency.

Default Cavaliers sign F Donyell Marshall!!!

CLEVELAND (Ticker) - Looking for perimeter shooting, the Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly have signed free agent forward Donyell Marshall, who shares the NBA record for 3-pointers in a game.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer, citing unidentified sources, reported Tuesday that the Cavaliers signed Marshall to a four-year contract worth between $20 million and $25 million.

The 6-9 Marshall averaged 11.5 points and 6.6 rebounds in 65 games with the Toronto Raptors last season, his 11th in the NBA. On March 13, he sank 12-of-19 3-pointers in a win over Philadelphia, tying the NBA record set by Kobe Bryant.

Since drafting phenom LeBron James two years ago, the Cavaliers have tried to surround him with perimeter shooters such as Lucious Harris and Jiri Welsch. But Marshall has shot better than 40 percent from the arc in each of the last four years and drained 151 3-pointers last season.

Marshall, 33, joins guard Larry Hughes as major free agent signings by the Cavaliers, who have taken a different look under new general manager Danny Ferry. The club also reportedly re-signed center Zydrunas Ilgauskas to a six-year deal on July 11.

Along with forward Drew Gooden, the Cavaliers have four solid scoring options to back up the 20-year-old James, an All-Star who nearly carried the team to its first postseason appearance in seven years.

Cleveland finished at 42-40, losing the tiebreaker for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference to New Jersey.

The fourth overall pick in the 1994 draft, Marshall has averaged 12.4 points and 7.3 rebounds in 744 career games with Minnesota, Golden State, Utah, Chicago and the Raptors.

I was hoping Marshall would stick around in t.o., anyone hear about Shareef going to NJ?

Peace
    We aint homies, you just know me by affiliation