once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hihibnobno Big words makes you a bad lyricist.

Default hihibnobno Big words makes you a bad lyricist.

For some reason I've seen a lot of people say that around here.
    Now I understand how a lot of underground rappers try to just blurt out random big words to sound intelligent and lyrical. But damn, some people take their hatred of that to a whole new level.

Honestly:

Is this dude a bad rapper because he has advanced vocabulary?

This post right here had me laughing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post
    Nas > Gza

Gza just uses big words but no one cares about what he has to say.
    I understand how his verses fly over your head 'cause you're hollow in the head, but wow.

Somebody build on this subject and enlighten me.

There isn't a single big, complicated word in Killa Hills 10304 and it's one of the smartest verses ever
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Yeah, I saw that post too, goin on a wu tang fan site sayin nobody cares about GZA...

It seems thats just recently, many threads made of which rappers are bad.

Those same posters say how many WTC posters like that kind of hip-hop to "go against the grain" because they are angry emos or something.

Hypocritically, they are just trying to go against the grain here just to play devils advocate with "those wu-corp fags".

Generally those people saying all those things don't really care.

a lot of people say this shit about canibus, he uses big words and wutever, they say he doesnt no wut they mean, just becuz u dont no wut they mean should make u say that hes just sayin the words for no reason, for real in that master thesis song all those words and concepts he thrws out probably run over peoples heads while hesmmkaing perfect sense to someone who understands the words.

Banned

Why do people take anything Young Spade says seriously when he's just saying that shit to get you skirts upset?

Whatever, using "big words" doesn't make you a bad lyricist but it also doesn't make you a good one. You can separate those who know what they're talking about from those that don't because they can use it in the correct contex.

You see a lot of these templ of darts wanna be's who write verse made entirely of four syllable words yet none of it makes sense, just a bunch of random words put together with no cohesion, contex or meaning. Those are the bad lyricists.
    Last edited by The Hound; 03-17-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

LOL. Keith Murray comes to mind.

About using big words, bringing that up is more of an insult to you than to rapper you're trying to diss. If he's a good lyricist he can make a dope verse with all four-syllable words OR with one-syllable ones, if he's wack lyricist he'll be wack in any case.

And if you bring that up you're only saying that you're too stupid to understand any a bit longer word.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Banned

If that's directed at my post then learn to fucking read.

Quote Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post
    If that's directed at my post then learn to fucking read.
    I'm pretty sure you spelled context wrong, at least twice, I'm not making a jab, just saying regarding your "learn to read" comment.
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Banned

Put me back on ignore please.

Put me back on ignore please.
    Don't get mad, you made a mistake, I pointed it out. Now hopefully you won't do it again. You should be thanking me.

Banned

I'm not mad just put me back on ignore.

You never left

Why do people take anything Young Spade says seriously when he's just saying that shit to get you skirts upset?

young spades not evenin this thread unless yungsunny and young spade are the same person.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

when AfuRa uses big words, it's lame as fuck

when Keith Murray, it's good sometimes, sometimes not

Canibus is a great emcee, but horrible songmaker

enuff light for today, you are all enlighted.
    bring back begongo!!