Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is "Spot Light" really a track scrapped from 'The W'?

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

as many times before I shall repeat myself

Cilvaringz, go ask RZA what is up with that!!!
    bring back begongo!!

BTW theres two versions of Spotlite the one you can download on this site got the full method man verse but the one on the Mathematics CD doesn't he just plays a sample of meths verse at the begining and on the background of the CD intro, why did he take it out.
    Last edited by mAlAkAz; 03-24-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ "Conditioner" was weak but it was more like an intermission
    Conditioner is the shit, I felt that Snoop werse, he realy came as wu head!

Peace Claaa7.
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.

Veteran Member

hand clap was fuckin dope

been dying to hear shaolin finger jab forever as well

^^ "Hand Clap" was aight but just not as an album closer, after the sad and dramatic vibe of "Jah World" it sounded totally out of place.. "Spot Light" would sound alot better though it's a totally different sound but it had that "we still got it motherfucker and we will keep doing it" vibe. BTW, they did Mathematics also produce "Hand Clap" (i know he had a remix of it with same lyrics on one of his albums i think)???

listened to "The W" front-to-back yesterday and damn that album is incredible.. so slept on by everyone except Wu heads.
    Last edited by claaa7; 03-25-2009 at 12:19 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Universo View Post
    ^Wu tang forever was never meant to sound like 36 chambers....forever is a whole other chamber...I do agree that the W was takin it back to the 36 sound.
    yeah i know man, i love "Wu-Tang Forever" ALMOST equally as much as 36 Chambers but if you was around in those days people were dissapointed because Forever didn't sound anything like 36... so in interviews in early 2000, an article with them recording The W, RZA was talking about how the new clan album was gonna go back to the basics.. people didn't realise it then, most dismissed "The W" (not Wu-headz) but in fact it is a back to the 36 chambers album. Add "Shaolin Finger Jab" (the full song) somewhere on it and used "Spot Light" as hidden bonus track, CLASSIC.

how anyone can prefer "Iron Flag" is a mystery to me.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

85 %ER

I agree, the clap track does ruin the closing vibe.
    Fortunately, it's not on the 2xLP version
    Best Life Ever

^^ yeah i noticed that over at discogs.com.. i got a few LP versions of the Wu albums, "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" stops with Heaven & Hell and "Ironman", thankfully, closes with "Soul Controller"/"Carlito's Way Outro". The ODB cassette/LP only has 15 tracks though; it stops with "Cuttin' Headz", i wish they would have put "Dirty Dancing" instead of "Sweet Sugar Pie" and it would be a 5 mic album that way imo.

"B.I.B.L.E." on "Liquid Swords" is also a CD-only bonus track, does not appear on MC or LP. "I Gotcha Back" is the real finale of "Liquid Swords", not many realize this.

I was wondering the same thing about Meth’s verse not being on Mathematics album. To bad I liked meth’s on it.