View Poll Results: Who is your favourate?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jet Li

    16 50.00%
  • Jackie Chan

    16 50.00%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 279

Thread: jackie chan > jet li > Donnie Yen

  1. #256
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,407
    Rep Power
    104

    Default

    ^^^heres a man that knows what he is talking about

    we should definately put up a yen vs li thread

  2. #257
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,407
    Rep Power
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I'm DLing that IP Man right now...looking forward to it
    goood shit,u gonna enjoy that b

    and to whoever mentioned sammo hung,yes..great mention,he was definately beasty in his day
    but once again,he got owned by donnie yen in killzone lol

  3. #258
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,269
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    aaah u right that movie was dope.
    Gonna add those to some of my all time favorite fight scenes.
    I'm gonna have to check out some more donnie shit for sure


  4. #259
    Deadly Venom 100pr00f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,629
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    goood shit,u gonna enjoy that b

    and to whoever mentioned sammo hung,yes..great mention,he was definately beasty in his day
    but once again,he got owned by donnie yen in killzone lol
    thats cuz he had too..he was the bad guy lol


    they are gonna be fighting again in ip man 2

  5. #260
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,269
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post


    they are gonna be fighting again in ip man 2


  6. #261

  7. #262
    DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    fuck fuck fuck
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,166
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    thing is donnie yen is evolving - he has legit mma skills and you can see the IP Man is what wung chun is really about

  8. #263
    超黒人 hide1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,458
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT View Post
    thing is donnie yen is evolving - he has legit mma skills and you can see the IP Man is what wung chun is really about
    Indeed. He's another example of a REAL martial artist who just happens to make action flicks.

    "The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud

  9. #264
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,233
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Jet Li 15 53.57%
    Jackie Chan 13 46.43%

  10. #265
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    Indeed. He's another example of a REAL martial artist who just happens to make action flicks.
    I've always found it suprising that Donnie Yen has yet to blow up as an action star in america. I mean the guy was raised in america, english is his first language and he is just as good as Jet Li.



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  11. #266
    DrunkenMasta303
    Guest

    Default

    ^^thats because theres already enough ppl doing the same stuff, his fighting is in the same category as the jet li fighting. dude needs his OWN style like jackie chan or tony jaa to blow up, (im not taking anything away from donnie yen cos hes iNCREDIBLE, but to reeeally blow up u need more than just Incredibility)

  12. #267
    El Don of this shit TAURO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the minds of women everywhere
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,382
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Maybe your right, but if hollywood has no problem adding a bland pretty boy model turned actor one after the other, Im sure they could have sqeezed him in.



    "I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

  13. #268
    DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    fuck fuck fuck
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,166
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof.RINO View Post
    ^^thats because theres already enough ppl doing the same stuff, his fighting is in the same category as the jet li fighting. dude needs his OWN style like jackie chan or tony jaa to blow up, (im not taking anything away from donnie yen cos hes iNCREDIBLE, but to reeeally blow up u need more than just Incredibility)
    thats aload of crap

    jet li had allot of star power and pull before he cracked america - and he hasn't really cracked it major like chan did with rush hour

    donnie yen doesn't have as nearly as much pull

  14. #269
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,407
    Rep Power
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    thats cuz he had too..he was the bad guy lol


    they are gonna be fighting again in ip man 2

    hell yea,i heard about that,cant wait for that ish for sho

  15. #270
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    17,407
    Rep Power
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    I've always found it suprising that Donnie Yen has yet to blow up as an action star in america. I mean the guy was raised in america, english is his first language and he is just as good as Jet Li.
    thats also because he turned down a few holllywood movies like rush hour 2 etc,i guess he aint trying to sell out his art or something...if martial arts was hip hop,he would be the underground rapper of martial arts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •