once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Premier Considers Albums With KRS-One & MC Eiht

Default DJ Premier Considers Albums With KRS-One & MC Eiht

From hiphopDX.com
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8894

DJ Premier, one of Hip Hop’s most coveted producers is having quite a busy year. Aside from starting his own label DJ Premier is also working on projects with rappers Blaq Poet, MC Eiht, and possibly KRS-One.

In a recent interview with Conspiracy Radio, DJ Premier spoke on his upcoming collaborations as well as the current status of Hip Hop.

“The level of the bar was so high that it was really hard to get into Hip Hop unless you really had top-notch skills, beats, rhyming, everything,” DJ Premier explained. “We wanna put that part [to the] forefront. So we’ll do it eventually. It’ll get its spot back, but in the meantime it never died or anything it’s just not as out there as the mainstream watered down rap stuff and that’s cool because it helps us reformat our audience that wants to support this style and the ones that don’t want to support it we’re not making it for them anyway.”

Among the four artists on DJ Premier’s new label, Year Round Records, is Blaq Poet former member of pioneering Queens Hip Hop group Screwball.

“We’re about to drop this album from Blaq Poet. Straight out of Queensbridge. We just shot the video. The album’s called The Blaqprint. That is the official album. I produced the entire album.” A tracklist posted on fansite djpremierblog.blogspot.com has reported that Easy Mo Bee and one other producer actually make contributions to Poet's solo debut, distributed through Fat Beats.

Aside from the artists already on his label, DJ Premier’s Year Round Records may also feature albums by KRS-One and MC Eiht.

“I’m thinking about doing a project with MC Eiht [of] Compton’s Most Wanted,” DJ Premier explained to Conspiracy Radio. “We talked about doing an album on my label, and also me and KRS-One talked about doing not Return Of The Boom Bap; we’re gonna do Return Of The Boom Bips. So right now that’s still a go. An all KRS, Premier album would be great.” Besides a "Criminal Minded" update in recent years, the two are best known for their work together between 1993 and 1995, on the self-titled and Return Of The Boom Bap albums. Compton's Most Wanted used Premier to remix their 1992 song "Def Wish II," a song originally have appeared on Music To Driveby.

puuff fiiiff pafff fag
    xD

Talking

thats pretty cool

Dj premier Is tight

Krs is crazy
    Trip

glad to see primo is still going strong.

sounds cool to me, im loving how these producers are switching up and collabing with different rappers from their normal line-up

Muggs Vs....
    Madlib & Doom
    Premo & Luda
    now Premo &....

any more???
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

ME EIHT AND PREMO am i reading this right, woooooooo thatll be flames, ill check for that krs if that drops as well, but eiht sounds tight on the eastcoast production, him on that pete rock track one life to live is fire, i love that song, hopefully he comes through with this.

Yeah Eiht & Preme sounds good. Krs though is WELL PASSED his prime for a record of hot Primo beats, hell bore anyone to death nowadays

^^ nah man, the joint with Marley Marl was dope as fuck.. sure KRS-One was boring as hell on a couple of joints but the production was tight and often brought out the best out of KRS, like "The Teacha's Back", "Hip-Hop Lives", "Victory", "Rising to the Top", "House of Hits" and a couple more.. i'm hyped for any fully produced Preemo album. Can't wait for The Blaqprint..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Fuck no KRS has turned preacher for the worst, HHL was only worth listening to for Marley's beats, like I said whether an album of sick Marley or Primo production, KRS will somehow fuck it up

Im still waiting for that Royce album.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Banned

Rather hear that Royce joint first.

But, out of Eiht and KRS-One, please let it only be MC Eiht.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

I AM HIPHOP

this has the potential to be the most valuable piece of hip hop ever made
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

^^ word up, what's up with the extreme KRS hate in here.. he's still nice as hell on the mic, he often gets to preachy and i hope he won't do an entire album about hip-hop again but if he can stay away from that it will be incredible.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I still fuck with KRS, although i do find him annoying at times and he goes a little over the top with his delivery, but all round hes still dope, and Premo should be able to bring out the best in him.

Cant fuckin wait for that Blaq Poet album.

^^ exactly, y'all heard what he said; they gonna do "Return of the Boom Bap II" basically. now that's gonna be epic if done right, Preemo did like half the beats on that album and that whole album is incredible; not saying neither KRS or Preem is as dope as they once were but I believe this gonna be great. they sounded dope together on "Classic (DJ Premier Remix)" and "Criminal Minded '08", plus "Victory" had Preemo scratching on it and it even sounded like a DJ Premier beat with Poet on there too.

the Blaq Poet album gonna be the illest of the year probably; i've heard Preem/Poet collaborate for maybe 10-12 songs besides this LP and it's a touchdown each time.