Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If CL2 is exactly as good as Bulletproof wallets, would you be disappointed?

Default If CL2 is exactly as good as Bulletproof wallets, would you be disappointed?

cause BPW was supposed to be CL2, i wouldn't have liked that cause BPW has no theme or story, if anything it would work as an Ironman 2 if they wanted but not even

so if the songs on CL2 are the exact same quality as BPW, would you be disappointed?
    do you expect MORE from CL2?

Hell yeah...very dissapointed. I expect the same as Supreme clientle was to ironman...and I personally favor ironman to ob4cl.
    Big things better come from this album.

i expect less
    So when that shit actually turns out to be a banger il be extra happy.

BTW.Production on BW was great, add the CL theme and you got yourself a great album

Suga Duga

BPW is crazy dope

Nah. Especially if its as dope as the original BPW. If its something I can see myself throwing in my CD player for many years to come, I'll be happy with the outcome.

I would be pretty upset
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

this thread is really scraping the barrel of CL2 relations.

and it was never "supposed to be CL2". it was gonna be called RAGU a couple year before they were talking about doing an album called RAGU, but in the end its just another Ghostface album. There was never talk of this being CL2.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

If CL2 is as good as BW, I'm gonna buy at least 5 copies.
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    this thread is really scraping the barrel of CL2 relations.

and it was never "supposed to be CL2". it was gonna be called RAGU a couple year before they were talking about doing an album called RAGU, but in the end its just another Ghostface album. There was never talk of this being CL2.
    it was supposed to be Cuban Linx 2

Cuban Linx 2: Bulletproof Wallets.

BPW came from a different era where it was still accepted if wu did innovative shit such as BPW. So the comparison doesnt really make sense.

Now all fans want is that old raw shit

Raekwon was still in shape (soon after came his decline), so yeah if we have the same raekwon on this cl2 shit its all good. but that wont happen cuz rae calmed down his voice a lot.

not really, just good shit. when ghost does different stuff, nobody complains, cause it's different and good.

everyone just wants good shit. some of them have petrified dickhole tubes so they specifically want wu to do the same shit over and over no matter what, but for the most part everyone is just looking for quality.

that's what im asking about is quality. BPW isn't as good as CL but if there was an album that you could personally say is as good as BPW called Cuban Linx 2 would you be disappointed?

Me personally yeah. That's because the OG Cuban Linx was such a classic, it helped to redefine a fair part of 90's hip hop, especially the Mafioso, glamour-life aspect of it. Now most, if not all of us know that it is pretty much impossible for CL2 to be on the same level as CL1 quality wise. They were in a different frame of mind back then and had more hunger.

I feel that BPW , quality wise, would NOT have been a worthy sequel. It's good in its own right, but as CL2...nah. Like I've said in my previous posts, if CL2 is anywhere near as dope as Supreme Clientele, then that alone is a success to me. For Rae to come back with an album THAT great will be such a huge achievement and may even help 'bring the Wu back' to an extent.

if CL2 is as good as BPW id be satisfied, that original version that i have that was posted by claa is fuckin amazing, i love every track on their.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

i stopped giving a shit about cl2 2 years ago when it comes out it comes out.

i expect ob4cl 2 to be the biggest disappointment this year. so if it was anything like BPW then id be happy as fuck cuz that album was pretty tight