Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The way the MJ sample was used on "It aint hard tell" overshadowed Illmatic as a LP

illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis. 39 minutes is way too fucking short. 2 years to make illmatic and they dished out only 9 tracks and 1 intro? bullshit.

this is what separates illmatic from an album like reasonable doubt. 14 hot tracks and it ends with regrets, a closing track that illmatic lacked.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity
    illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis.
    thats corny as fuck my dude

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity
    a closing track that illmatic lacked
    i totally agree... it aint hard to tell is a such a shitty song to end an album

it makes sense cause people consider illmatic to be the bible of lyricism, even though it was soon surpassed by an album that dropped on june 25th, 96.

is it true 3 people got lost in jay z's lips?

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
    illmatic shouldve had atleast 11 tracks and ended off with a track called Revelation since it started with genesis. 39 minutes is way too fucking short. 2 years to make illmatic and they dished out only 9 tracks and 1 intro? bullshit.

this is what separates illmatic from an album like reasonable doubt. 14 hot tracks and it ends with regrets, a closing track that illmatic lacked.
    It's called bootlegging, niggas bootlegged the hell outta illmatic so they had to cut tracks. You're so smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonystarks420 View Post
    is it true 3 people got lost in jay z's lips?
    Jaz-o, Biggie, and Beyonce.

where did you get that claim - from a word of mouth right? there were times when the studio was left alone for weeks. it had to be a lack of work ethic cause Nas was just 19/20 years old so he was probably living his youth first.

tomorrow's the 15th anniversary of Illmatic so pay tribute.

It Aint Hard to Tell > Reasonable Doubt

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

the genesis > reasonable doubt

real talk

^^ co-sign, "Illmatic" is way above Reasonable Doubt.. and that's coming from someone who's placing RD in his top-10 albums of all time!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

lol It Aint Hard to Tell is in my top 5 songs ever and Chungsanity is trying to say Illmatic had a bad closing song???? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
    the genesis > reasonable doubt

real talk
    how is that real talk? that's some he say she say blasphemy right there.

I was disappointed when my humorous but classic RD thread was locked so whatever.

yall know deep down that Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic, kinda like how yall know deep down that Big L > Rakim but think Ra is the god mc when he's not. Big L is better than Rakim in every fucking way, kinda like RD > Illmatic. if Illmatic had 2 or 3 more tracks, it would be the perfect album - hell I'd be struck with enormous dillema if that was the case.

Illmatic had 9 songs, and it was 8/9 in terms of good tracks. I could never get into one time 4 your mind despite a few quotables.

RD was 13/14 with the tracks and although aint no nigga is the scapegoat I truly dont give a fuck - it was still hot.

13 classic tracks > 8 classic tracks.

yall are just too brainwashed by Nas saying "wanting to be on every last one of my classics." seriously get a grip.

the greatest intro to any album, EVER. this isnt even the album version though - its the demo version and since it sounds dope, imagine how much better he made the album version.

"jay-z's gonna stick your head up your asses faster than a rabbit gets fucked."
    Last edited by Chungsanity; 04-18-2009 at 06:20 PM.

IMO it was a fuckin brilliant used sample!
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

^who said it wasnt? what is wrong with some people lol.

read dumbass.

better.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    that Scientifik joint wasn't released until 1998 though so I doubt Preemo ever heard it..
    wasnt it relaesed in 1992?

Quote Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
    it makes sense cause people consider illmatic to be the bible of lyricism, even though it was soon surpassed by an album that dropped on june 25th, 96.
    Reasonable Doubt is not by any means superior to Illmatic