once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Capone n noreaga "New Religion"

Default Capone n noreaga "New Religion"

Is this shit ever going to come out? I think its been done for a while now. It just needs to be released.

Default Re: Capone n noreaga "New Religion"

it most likely won't see the light of day, as a fan it sucks to say that but it's the harsh reality. I don't even know if CNN are under a label anymore, I think just as soloists. If they left def jam then the album will just be put away forever unless they pull a mega and eventually buy the rights to it(which I doubt). If they still are def jam slaves though, don't expect any new albums from them as a duo in a while, they're still best friends but they're both clearly doing their own thing musically. peace

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
    Not even if I fell from ten stories high
    Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
    No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
    I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz

Yea but I think they said they are waiting to put it out after nore's solo album. I think we will definately see it sometime.

^ if I had to guess I'd say in 07. peace

Nah I bet within a year.

they on def jam right????? that doesnt suprise me at all....def jam always pushes back albums.....i heard today they even pushed back juelz's album back till like october

I dont even know if they are with def jam anymore. If they were dont you think both nore and capone would have had their solos on def jam?

maybe....but alot of groups have different labels as solo artists than from the group label itself

Quote Originally Posted by tragedykhadafi12
    Nah I bet within a year.
    no disrespect but don't be so sure, I can bet you that nore's album is gonna keep getting pushed further back and probably gonna end up dropping next spring(with no big recent single or promotion..... hmmmm sounds like tical 0). my point with that is if CNN is still on def jam, an album from them less than a year after nore's album is very unlikely. The only cat def jam still gives a damn about and lets drop consistantly is ludacris. and if they're not on a label, you know that they'll want to shop rather than drop it on Capone's little label(nore's a gold artist, that would be a blow to his career, I'm probably one of the only people on the planet who copped 'pone's new LP). You can't even expect this abum within the next 2 years let alone one, esp. when nore hasn't dropped yet. it's sad how bad the business in commercial rap has gotten. peace

It's the same thing with Redman's album, WHEN IS THIS SHIT COMING?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?

The Reunion was kinda wack tho (the 5-6 first tracks on the album were fire, the rest was crap, except for Queens Finest).