once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Str8 m seeking advice/friendship from other str8 m (esp. DJs)

Unhappy Str8 m seeking advice/friendship from other str8 m (esp. DJs)

hi.

my international dj debut is tomorrow night and i was wondering if any of you gen chat rats dj for more people than can fit in your parents' basement and, if so, please share some advice so i can use your "jewels" of "wisdom" to "build" and "elevate" THX.

btw, it's electro-house music (hip-hop is dead/gay) ok begin your advice

more akbar

L~>1<~NKS

I produce tracks and have, watched and worked with DJ's for years...

remix hip hop and house - it's popular down here at least

watch how the crowd reacts

never stop spinin', and don't scratch too much unless your transitioning from one track to another

don't talk too much especially through fire tracks

fire tracks are known almost right away - the crowd'll let you know..when that happens play it commence with the beat or a famous lyric, stop it, Pull up, and drop that muthafucka

when a track comes on that talks about something specific like weed or giving head ask the crowd "Where my weed smokers at?" or "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" or add your own flavor. (i would ask before the track drops)

keep ur audience happy

all that = guaranteed pussy

Quote Originally Posted by L~>1<~NKS View Post
    I produce tracks and have, watched and worked with DJ's for years...

remix hip hop and house - it's popular down here at least

watch how the crowd reacts

never stop spinin', and don't scratch too much unless your transitioning from one track to another

don't talk too much especially through fire tracks

fire tracks are known almost right away - the crowd'll let you know..when that happens play it commence with the beat or a famous lyric, stop it, Pull up, and drop that muthafucka

when a track comes on that talks about something specific like weed or giving head ask the crowd "Where my weed smokers at?" or "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" or add your own flavor. (i would ask before the track drops)

keep ur audience happy

all that = guaranteed pussy
    -pretty sure the crowd will appear to be drinking liquor and squinting at all times.
    -i don't scratch unless my stubbly nutsack is chafing.
    -i've got a few house tracks with hip-hop vocals in the set.
    -i'll see if i can translate "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.

thanks for the advice dude.

more akbar

Quote Originally Posted by huggahu akbar View Post
    crowd will be quinting at all times
    [...]
    -i'll see if i can translate "all my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.
    ahahahahahahahahaa!

I AM HIPHOP

so you're performing in canada?
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

DrunkenMasta303

vietnamese people aint that picky, they laugh their ass off @ the corniest jokes, wear the cheapest (mostly selfmade) clothes and spend their holidays drinkin tea @ grandmas hut, i bet u can just play the flute and theyll still be happy having good times

i went to my first electonica or whatever party the firday before my b-day, shit was pretty bitchin

idk if this will qualify huggz,

but cut/copy is fuckin ill, to me, but idk if they're they bomb diggity in that 'scene' or some gay shit.

you've traveled all the way to vietnam to find ppl that don't look down on you so i wouldn't pull anything to risky.

dj advice from places i've been

1. don't play the whole song, everyone gets it after a while unless everyone is getting mad jiggy and loving fashion, but if shit ain't poppin keep the movement movin with a new song. this is key for a genre as shitty and redundant as electronica.

2. dont come in trying to introduce new shit or shit you like faggot, familiarity is key

Quote Originally Posted by Huggahu Akbar View Post
    hi.

my international dj debut is tomorrow night and i was wondering if any of you gen chat rats dj for more people than can fit in your parents' basement and, if so, please share some advice so i can use your "jewels" of "wisdom" to "build" and "elevate" THX.

btw, it's electro-house music (hip-hop is dead/gay) ok begin your advice

the best advice i can give you is dont go & save yourself the embarrasment

You have to make sure you play some Filter house/French Touch and future synth.

Anoraak, College, Futurecop!, Diese, Cecile, Xinobi, The Outrunners, Bag Raiders, DJ Falcon, Edwin Van Cleef, Danger, factoryfactory, Vega, Leitworks, Maethelvin, Moulinex, Russ Chimes etc.

The rest will sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    i went to my first electonica or whatever party the firday before my b-day, shit was pretty bitchin

but cut/copy is fuckin ill, to me, but idk if they're they bomb diggity in that 'scene' or some gay shit.

you've traveled all the way to vietnam to find ppl that don't look down on you so i wouldn't pull anything to risky.

1. don't play the whole song, everyone gets it after a while unless everyone is getting mad jiggy and loving fashion, but if shit ain't poppin keep the movement movin with a new song. this is key for a genre as shitty and redundant as electronica.

2. dont come in trying to introduce new shit or shit you like faggot, familiarity is key
    Ah yeah, stuff like Cut Copy, Midnight Juggernauts, The Presets, In Flagranti etc. might be good also.

you sir, are a faggot^^

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by Huggahu Akbar View Post
    -pretty sure the crowd will appear to be drinking liquor and squinting at all times.
    -i don't scratch unless my stubbly nutsack is chafing.
    -i've got a few house tracks with hip-hop vocals in the set.
    -i'll see if i can translate "All my ladies that know how to give good head make some noise!" into vietnamese and try it out.

thanks for the advice dude.
    you got it akbar

Quote Originally Posted by FatherT!me View Post
    you sir, are a faggot^^
    AHAHAHAHAHahahAHAHAHah

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

cut copy is dope. i listen to them at home but they could never get spins in a saigon club unless it was a club strictly for surprise eye ass lookin pale faces. the locals are extremely particular about the kind of music they listen to in clubs so in keeping with #2 (and l1nk's advice too) i'm mostly sticking to what i know works.

PS. they don't really dance. they just stand around at tables and drink/pop pills (there will be dancers on a stage though at the club i'm DJing at tho chea.)

thanks 'strilz

Quote Originally Posted by FatherT!me View Post
    the best advice i can give you is dont go & save yourself the embarrasment
    it's impossible to feel embarrassment in vietnam if you've ever seen how they dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    You have to make sure you play some Filter house/French Touch and future synth.

Anoraak, College, Futurecop!, Diese, Cecile, Xinobi, The Outrunners, Bag Raiders, DJ Falcon, Edwin Van Cleef, Danger, factoryfactory, Vega, Leitworks, Maethelvin, Moulinex, Russ Chimes etc.

The rest will sort itself out.
    haha never heard of any of these french musicians/homosexuals.

to give you an idea of what's popping here, this is one of the big tracks at the moment:

and this one

Last edited by Huggasaurus Sex; 04-25-2009 at 01:02 AM.

more akbar

anytime.

sucks that the chinks don't get jiggy, or love fashion, in that case ya, just play what you know works cause it really doesn't matter

i didn't know where cut copy fits into the whole scheme of the men-that-wear-pasteys-and-lick-glow-sticks scene your getting into but i wouldn't mind hearing them at DUH CLUB

but im guessing they're more electronica nas then electronica shawty lo.