once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: I just finished reading the Wu-Tang Manual

  1. #1
    Mask On Crooked OB4CL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Medina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I just finished reading the Wu-Tang Manual

    go to your local bookstore and buy it. it is worth the money trust me. it includes:

    biographies of all members
    the producing equipment RZA uses
    wu-tang slang glossary
    several song lyrics with some of the lyrics highlighted telling you what it means
    meanings of the religions that RZA was interested in
    the supreme alphabet / nation of the gods and earths

  2. #2

    Default

    How long did it take you to read it?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  3. #3
    Mask On Crooked OB4CL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Medina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
    go to your local bookstore and buy it. it is worth the money trust me. it includes:

    biographies of all members
    the producing equipment RZA uses
    wu-tang slang glossary
    several song lyrics with some of the lyrics highlighted telling you what it means
    meanings of the religions that RZA was interested in
    the supreme alphabet / nation of the gods and earths
    lol i wasn't finished i hit enter by accident...

    martial arts
    a lot of interesting photos
    story of the Wu-Tang logo
    history on wu-wear
    comics that the wu liked
    a whole section on chess
    a whole section on organized crime
    movies that the wu were in to / movies the wu were in
    a whole section on chemistry (drugs)
    wu-tang samples

    the saga continues...

  4. #4
    Mask On Crooked OB4CL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Medina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    How long did it take you to read it?
    it's a thick 243 page book i read it in a day. i'm a great reader of books so i can do that but that wasn't the whole list. check the new post i put up on this thread

  5. #5

    Default

    Nice that you've read it , I've known this book for a while know and I sure recommend it to anybody , Wu-Tang fans (obviously) , Rap Fans , regular people whateva....

  6. #6
    Mask On Crooked OB4CL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Medina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afficial_Nastee View Post
    Nice that you've read it , I've known this book for a while know and I sure recommend it to anybody , Wu-Tang fans (obviously) , Rap Fans , regular people whateva....
    i don't even consider it a hip hop book i consider it as a teaching

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Mask On Crooked OB4CL2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Medina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killbot View Post
    how much is dat i might cop
    i got it for 16 dollars. i guess the price varies in different places

  9. #9

    Default

    I think i read it on the toilet in 2 days. The font is immense, there are about 40 words per page. I would call it 3rd grade reading material.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  10. #10
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    9,547
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    I never finished it.

    I'm think I'm halfway.


    De mijne is 4x duurder!

  11. #11

    Default

    I think I'm gonna go and finally order this.

  12. #12

    Default

    been meaning to get this forever

  13. #13
    Balls Deep food for thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
    Posts
    18,333
    Rep Power
    118

    Default

    ^ me too
    We do it for the people.





  14. #14
    DrunkenMasta303
    Guest

    Default

    imma get this as soon as rza translates it into european...

  15. #15

    Default

    i read it in waldenbooks in the mall in about an hour while my girl was shopping. b-rock is right about the font being gargantuan in order to pad it out. it's a glorified pamphet, a good interview. wouldn't recommend buying it, there's so many more worthwhile books out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •