once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Lips ft. GZA - The Drop I Hold

Default The Black Lips ft. GZA - The Drop I Hold

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59377276cf248b3d/

Gza does the third verse, this shit is trippy i like how GZA comes off on this song

the black lips?

so these are the guys that Gza makes music with now, huh?

I'm glad there isn't anything out of the ordinary in any of their pictures...

I mean, they seem like perfectly normal young guys...

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

Notorious for outrageous on-stage antics such as vomiting and occasionally kissing, Swilley claimed that the band has calmed down a bit, attributing much of their former behavior to “left over stuff from when we were teenagers.” However tame the band may seem, they still act out just enough to get kicked out of India.

“Cole and Ian kissed each other on stage, I didn’t see it, but they called the state police on us and we had to leave the next morning,” Swilley says. “Cause homosexuality is illegal there, and public displays of affection.”

Swilley claims that band mate and guitarist Cole Alexander once confessed to being 5 percent gay, but aside from that the behavior was solely for kicks and crowd reaction. The reaction they got was far more extreme than expected

"5 percent gay"

AKA 100% gay.

If making music with 5% Homos is what it takes for GZA to step his game up like this, then so be it.

man i wish gza would just make tracks with past legends rather than these types of people, but ill check it out, ill long for a track with canibus and gza, g rap and gza, masta ace and gza, guru and gza, WC/ice cube/spice 1 and Gza, brotha lynch and gza which is probably the largest reach out of all these, the roots and gza,smif n wessun and gza, black moon with 5 ft and gza, mos def and gza, mc eiht and gza, sitkcy fingaz and gza which could spurn a damage like verse from gza, tech n9ne and gza, RAKIM AND GZA, frukwan and gza, balll n g and gza, bone and gza, face and gza, gipp and gza, prodigy and gza, and infinite other artists and gza, but ill settle for black lips and gza, just cuz gzas on the gza. Gza.
    Last edited by spiggity_ace; 04-29-2009 at 07:32 PM.

this sucks

gzas got a nice verse but im not feeling the other emo shit goin on, its so odd to me.

who cares...
    maybe the gza isnt as insecure as you guys are

I haven't heard anyone complain about ODB's Don't Go Breaking My Heart, which is a remake of a song by one of the gayest artists of all time, Elton John.

That song is ill as fuck, if anything, I think Gza came weaker with it than the band.

That backbeat is grimy as FUCK.

"Ain't got no money but the GODS make it fuckin rain" > anything GZA said on the song.

let that line sink in.

GZA actually comes nice on this i think, the other guys verses are trash i think

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

do the math buddy

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

That picture is kinda disturbing, to say the least.. but the song sounds dope to me, especially the GZA part. Best shit from Genius in a while

It's just a couple of dudes kissing you little babies. The Black Lips are awesome and this kind of song would have been much better than the majority of Pro Tools. I'm surprised at GZA's indie cool tastes. He played with the Black Lips, he did a song with Santigold 5 years before she blew up and Gang Gang Dance want to work with him. He needs to start making some collaboration EPs.
    Music labeler.
    last.fm