once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disbelief

Default Disbelief

Name hip hop records which caused you to experience feelings of disbelief upon your initial listen.

It might be because you'd heard it was an excellent album but when you heard it you thought it was rubbish. Or because it was really hyped up or you just had high expectations for any reason, and it turned out to be rubbish. Maybe you'd heard or expected an album to be really terrible, and then you heard it and thought it was brilliant. Maybe it was a group/artist you really disliked and then they/he dropped a shit hot album. Maybe an artist/group completely and unexpectedly changed their style from one album to the next. Whatever.

And I'm not talking about albums that just surprised you. But rather albums which fully had you in disbelief upon first listen. In mild shock. Shit that had you fully perplexed and like "am I really hearing what I'm hearing?" type isht.

Name them and explain why they caused you to experience disbelief, please.

THE LORD noel411 HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT!!! Czech it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...80#post2575080

Suck this drunk alcohol dick.

No artificial sleazy

When I heard Kool G Rap's "4,5,6" my water broke.

Banned

Smif-n-Wessun - Da Shinin' still has me in disbelief.

Nas - NAStradamus had me in disbelief, aswell. I couldn't believe the same guy who made Illmatic could put out something so fucking wack.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

^cosign the Nas thing.

First time i heard Del on Deltron 3030, i was like WTF!!! Cause after you hear I Wish My Brother George Was Here, its completely different. Then i started actually getting a good sense for the lyrics and he speaking on post apocalyptic shit, it was crazy!!!

Wera posted a link for POS - Never Better and i thought, what the fuck, lets see what garbage this clown listens to....turned out to be the best album i heard in years...imagine my disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post
    When I heard Kool G Rap's "4,5,6" my water broke.
    Never understood why people like this album so much, calling it a classic and shit, its NOWHERE near any of his albums with DJ Polo and not as good as "Giacanna Story".

Seriously, Atmosphere's lastest album really surprised me, i wasnt expecting too much and i was fuckin hooked from beginning to end.

Showbiz & A.G "Full Scale" really surprised me, i never really heard much about the album, and so wasnt expecting too much but its a fuckin amazing album.

Also, Lord Finesse "From The Crates to the Files : The Lost Sessions" i thought was amazing. Its just a collection of unreleased shit, so i was expecting a mish mash of average tracks that werent good enough to make his albums, but damn.... was i fuckin wrong,

I had high hopes for Almighty - "Original S.I.N" coz off all the hype here, but i thought it was really wack. Boring and absolutly no replay value. Same for Army Of The Pharoes, thought it was good on first listen, but then realized its just a bunch of battle raps over beats that are way overproduced and lack any heart or soul, and dont really flow together.

Bring Tha Ruckus....sorry but when I was 11 and that track came on my balls dropped instantly.

Also, when I heard Black Republicans. That right there was a big moment for me.

Also, Hearing The Sun Rises in the East and Hell Hath No Fury for the first time.
    Last edited by YungSunny; 05-07-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    Also, when I heard Black Republicans. That right there was a big moment for me.
    same...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ Tecknowledgist's Avatar

i heard RJD2's Deadringer album and loved it. so i bought "the third hand" and it was the biggest piece of shit ive ever heard

i also must have listened to Rugged Man's verse on Uncommon Valor a million times. its becoming almost a cliché verse to like but i dont care.

canibus on beasts from the east. also cliché. but still true

seeing the 8 diagams videos

Royce DA 59's "Independent's day" was too shit. He failed so hard on that, I couldn't even trust in hip hop in the mid to late 00's.

It's the beats. Nowadays beats are just wack and don't compliment a particular style. People just think that beats are hot and that's all that is needed. You can't rhyme over a hot Primo beat if it does not fit you.
    METAL FACE DOOM
    YOUR CONCURRENCE IN THE ABOVE IS ASSUMED

saviorself by jedi mind is such a sick song to me, i love that beat i could meditate to that shit, and on the jmt topic kublai khan is such a sick song, its a war hymn, listenen to throw ya gunz for the first time and g rap for the frist time was amazing to me. and puns verses on twinz, he wrote the whole song guaranteed so its like a solo with fat joe on it.

o and hellucination buildin off the smif n wessun mention, i love that song so much.

and i forgot to mention listenin to wu for the first time and listenin to gzas verse on protect ya neck.

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

i thought encore was gonna be tight but..lol...you know

i remember when aesop rock had that fast cars ep thing coming out n everybody on this forum i used to go to was on the dude's nuts, so i figured i'd download all his shit n cop the ep that came with a little booklet n everything.....such a fucking waste of money and computer space, i deleted all his shit and i dont even remember what i did with the ep..then i stopped going to that forum...i swear my ears were bleeding, his voice felt like nails on a chalk board..and what the fuck does he even talk about??
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Banned

Listening to It Was Written for the first time in three years I am in disbelief at how anybody can consider this better than Illmatic.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
    i thought encore was gonna be tight but..lol...you know

i remember when aesop rock had that fast cars ep thing coming out n everybody on this forum i used to go to was on the dude's nuts, so i figured i'd download all his shit n cop the ep that came with a little booklet n everything.....such a fucking waste of money and computer space, i deleted all his shit and i dont even remember what i did with the ep..then i stopped going to that forum...i swear my ears were bleeding, his voice felt like nails on a chalk board..and what the fuck does he even talk about??
    Ugghh.. Aesop Rock. Fuck Def Jux and their fake intellectual shit.

John W. Henry

36 chambers made my dick hard in '93; I was 5.