Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monologues and Scripts (prequal to the premier)

student of the culture White_Mouse's Avatar

Default Monologues and Scripts (prequal to the premier)

For anyone that knows the tape "The Writer meets The Director" here is the short follow up, only 4 cuts deep (3 songs one intro), and so far without cover art here is

"Monologues and Scripts"
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/bi217n
    1. Elementary
    2. Construction (intr0)
    3. Under Constructions
    4. Venus Nights

all Beats produced by The Prime Sithesizah

Just take this as a little sampler, and be on the lookout for "The Placement Test" mixtape hosted by Ghost, and The Premier
    Last edited by White_Mouse; 05-11-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    My Musik @
    www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
    grace&piece

downloading now fam...........I will be back!!

Downloading.

Me3

THE REAL PCP

With regards to Still Standing, that track has since been removed as I've been told that its use is exclusive to another project, I apologize to anyone that might have been concerned over this, my version was not mean to cause any trouble and I apologize over any hard feelings this may have caused
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

Its all good. KEep doing your thing fam.

PEace

Uppin the project.. Props Mouse for making this possible.. The Premier in progress.. PiDeaCe..
    The Prime Sithesizah [Facebook/Myspace]

WORD
    bump
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

Over 130 views and no thoughts on the tape? lol BUMP BuMP BUMP..

I'll get links to indv tracks, feel free to review what you hear, I know the situation the removed track might have been kind of a letdown for a lot of you, but I encourage u to review the other tracks and be on the lookout for new tracks as well,
    piece...
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

My Musik @
    grace&piece

Not feeling it

elementary: to be honest the intro sounds a bit cluttered it doesnt ease me in like i would like, once the verse section kicks in it seems to ease it self out, the twist at the end of the beat is nuts tho!!! To me that should of been the main beat as its much more hype feeling and easier on the ear. Mouse did his thing as always, in fact you seem a bit more confident on the mic and have a bigger presence on this track, you got some nice rhymes going on expresing your thoughts, and ya flow is dope

Construction (intro):erm not really sure what to make of this! Its a little bit too much for 4 track ep, its gonna get skipped and that leaves 3 tracks left, I would rather just have another proper track myself or at least a proper beat with some vocal samps going on over the top!!

Under Construction: Nice beat but............ after a while it gets a bit loopy!!! I would like to see a bit more........ well construction in it, even if it was a bit off a change up for the hook! Mouse, dope job again the hook is really nice, nice versus and the flow is there!! Again im noticing more presence on the track so props for the elevation!!!

Venus Nights: I liked the verse spots on this beat but not so much the hook if im honest, I felt the hook spot just didnt really fit "Hip Hop" as such and it just didnt work even with a good hook over the top buts thats my opinion others may vary as Im sure they will! but over all I liked the beat and who knows maybe it will grow more as time goes by! Mouse you did your thing again but this time i felt that your presence wasnt quite there as much, the beat really dominated you more than you dominated it!! But the verses was top notch so its all good in that respect!!

Overall I was a bit dissapointed its a little too short even for an ep, theres just not enough to get your teeth into and to be honest theres not really a stand out track the same as there was as on your first. To be completley frank your both two very talented guys who are capable of much better than this and that was proven on the writer meets the director. Dont get me wrong the material is good but it just doesnt have anything that draws me back in to it like "Remember the avenue" did on TWMTD and again not enough tracks is a draw back on replay value for me.

^ thanks for the review, In some ways the more I hear this version the more I agree with you, however I would be lying if I didn't say that the track "Still Standing" was the key piece, the ep was meant to function like a clock, with that cog missing I think the puzzle fell apart and no one will really understand what time it is so to speak, my alias speaks for itself, mosaik, some tiles are missing here and for that it's my fault for not creating a backup component, but nevertheless thank you for the review
    My Musik @
    grace&piece

Appreciate the support and feedback from everyone.. Can someone Stick this?