once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Nas & Pete Rock Working Together Again

Default Nas & Pete Rock Working Together Again

By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur

Hip-Hop lovers can rejoice: Nas and producer Pete Rock are working on music again.

Together Nas and Pete Rock orchestrated some of the most meaningful, prolific music to in the 90's when they collaborated on Nas' seminal album Illmatic, which was released 15 years ago this year.

"The World Is Yours" was an inspirational beacon to Hip-Hop fans during the period. Pete explained how things came to fruition. "I got a call from [Nas] one day. I was very excited when I saw that he called. I called him back and we conversed a bit, through the text, got him on the phone and we kicked it," Pete Rock told AllHipHop.com. "I sent music to him. And I'll just continue to send him music, you know? Whatever he likes, he'll probably put to the side. But, I'm real excited about working with him."

The pair havenít work together since Illmatic, even though they had great success as a team.

To this day, Pete Rock says he doesn't know why he and Nas didn't continue to collaborate in any fashion since the popularity of Illmatic.

He's not necessarily looking for answers either.

"I think it was a lot of situations [that caused the break off], but you know, but right now, I don't give a damn. That was the past. You know, I always wanted to get down to the bottom of it, to see what the problem was," Pete said. "Whatever it was, I know it was a lie. I always asked that question like ĎWhy isn't he working with me,íĒ Pete said. "Other than that, I'm just happy that he reached out. Watch out. The beats are coming crazy."

Pete has stayed busy working on the recent Red & Meth Song, "A-Yo" and his own solo material.

The New York-based producer has also relaunched his label Soul Brother Recordings and will be releasing new artists in the future.

didnt pete rock fuck nas' gf or sotin
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

^^ yup

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Canít stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... Itís never us coming with the gimmicks. Itís always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap thatís just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ĎWhy Wu-Tang?í when itís not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

^^ that's what he said that Nas believed in a HipHopDX interview last year.. this is really good news though, so far Nas reached out to Pete Rock and 9th Wonder for his next project so maybe he'll try to give his old fans what they want.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    didnt pete rock fuck nas' gf or sotin
    that was the rumor that was goin around, but over the years PR has flat out denied it from the jump man.....I really don't think he did that, but you neva know.....

Nas forgave jigga though, so of course he can forgive PR....I'm sure Pete woulda owned up to it by now if the rumors were true.....

That's what'sup...can't wait to see what they cook up

this is gonna be on disc one of a double disc album called GTFOH. Disc 2 is all Premo beats.

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

fuck that bitch for getting in the way of this team up for so long

what about Nas/Damian Marley album?
    any news on that one?