once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 3-4 months, wut yall think of Raekwon--New Wu Song?

Default After 3-4 months, wut yall think of Raekwon--New Wu Song?

? Is it wut yall want? Just curious wut the corp thinks of it after a few months.
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

still love it, a lot of replay value

and a lot of my friends who were never that much into wu bump it alot which is a good sign

I gave it a little break then came back to the track....still very dope and like the dude above said, it has great replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post

and a lot of my friends who were never that much into wu bump it alot which is a good sign
    I'd say that was actually a terrible sign, lol.

i haven't heard a wu-song with this replay value since The W.

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    i haven't heard a wu-song with this replay value since The W.
    The track is good but I don't really think it CL standard, it hasnt got the vibe that CL1 has.

I can't see why you guys are so into this track cause its not as hitting as you claim

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    I was about to quote the same portion. When you know all the classic wu musical gimmics it is 'just' good (without the 'WOW' factor) IMO, and hasn t that much replay value.

It is why i like when RZA tries different things even if i finally dislike the results. The freshness is often a big part of an hot record.
    Last edited by jokostyle; 05-15-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrism70 View Post
    The track is good but I don't really think it CL standard, it hasnt got the vibe that CL1 has.

I can't see why you guys are so into this track cause its not as hitting as you claim
    i didn't make any comparisons between CL1 an New Wu.

And what's a CL standard really, after 14 years??

new wu could be one great opening/prelude song, followed with a CL2 intro or something.

it's a really dope joint and has great replay value, got to say it's one of the very few songs from Rae lately that i feel are CL2 worthy.. the others are "State of Grace" and "My Corner", maybe even "Resolution" and "The G-Hide" too.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
    lol I meant good sign as in for the sake of Rae's sales...

The track's fire! I feel sorry for Wu fans that aint feelin it. Maybe it's time to stop checkin for the Wu for those folks.
    Last edited by Come Honor Face; 05-15-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jokostyle View Post
    I was about to quote the same portion. When you know all the classic wu musical gimmics it is 'just' good (without the 'WOW' factor) IMO, and hasn t that much replay value.

It is why i like when RZA tries different things even if i finally dislike the results. The freshness is often a big part of an hot record.
    That's why I like it so much. It has an old school Wu vibe that has been missing for a lot of years. In a way it is fresh since we haven't heard a new song like this for quite a while. It definitely has a lot of replay value for me.

The New Wu is almost perfect. The only thing Id of done is told Ghost to tone it down a little, his verse didn't fit right on the track. Either way, it's exactly what CL2 needs, along with more like it.

Seriously, how do you make tracks that fans that have been brainwashed by newer talentless rap acts can listen to, and still keep oldschool Wu fans happy? And yes, the general rap fan is the one that pays the bills cuz all you guys download the shit anyway.

All you guys that keep sayin that they need to sound the same they did 15 years ago are just talkin bullshit. I wouldn't buy the shit if it sounded like it did 15 years ago, and I listened to it 15 years ago.

You mean Back from the Slums.