Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AUDIO: 2 new Eminem songs (Relapse bonus tracks)

Interesting what he says in Be Careful What You Wish For about Encore being Illmatic in a few years, obviously it's an exaggeration but he has a point.

Wu Vatican

^explain.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    ^explain.
    Without looking up the exact lyrics, he was saying how The Slim Shady LP got unfavorable reviews at first until a little bit of time went on, then it was praised as a classic...and The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were obviously no disappointments to follow it up with..Then he mentions Encore and how it "isn't up to par", but under this same thinking we'll all be kissing his ass for it in a few years.

Not something I necessarily agree with 100% since Encore really ISN'T up to par with those other albums and is a clear step away from what makes him great, but still interesting to see him address at least how we perceive his discographical (made up word) career. I can see him being right to a certain extent once it's all said and done, but that remains to be seen.

Here, I couldn't help but listen to the exact lyrics again:

Every CD critics gave it a 3, then 3
    years later they go back and re-rate it
    and call the Slim Shady LP the greatest
    the Marshall Mathers was a classic
    the Eminem Show was fantastic
    but Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
    I guess enough time just ain't pass yet
    a couple more years that shit will be Illmatic

Wu Vatican

ahh no doubt
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

My Darling sounds like it could've followed Dr. West, which 3 AM could've followed Darling ect.

No artificial sleazy

good songs, these surprised me

Wu Vatican

these songs are eh.

i like whats on relapse better than them both.

it reminds me too much of encore, not content, just sound.

i know its not possible, its like asking rza to rap in his gravediggaz style, but id rather have em rap the way he did on slim shady lp. or what he did on relapse i really dont mind. but how he sounds on these two bside tracks i just dont feel him when he sounds like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    My Darling sounds like it could've followed Dr. West, which 3 AM could've followed Darling ect.
    exactly what i thought
    A razor-blade instead of a tongue, My game’s sharp. - Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by METHODKillah36 View Post
    Without looking up the exact lyrics, he was saying how The Slim Shady LP got unfavorable reviews at first until a little bit of time went on, then it was praised as a classic...and The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show were obviously no disappointments to follow it up with..Then he mentions Encore and how it "isn't up to par", but under this same thinking we'll all be kissing his ass for it in a few years.

Not something I necessarily agree with 100% since Encore really ISN'T up to par with those other albums and is a clear step away from what makes him great, but still interesting to see him address at least how we perceive his discographical (made up word) career. I can see him being right to a certain extent once it's all said and done, but that remains to be seen.

Here, I couldn't help but listen to the exact lyrics again:

Every CD critics gave it a 3, then 3
    years later they go back and re-rate it
    and call the Slim Shady LP the greatest
    the Marshall Mathers was a classic
    the Eminem Show was fantastic
    but Encore just didn't have the caliber to match it
    I guess enough time just ain't pass yet
    a couple more years that shit will be Illmatic
    And with lyrics like that, How the FUCK is he still doubted as being the best

these songs are awesome......relapse 2 will prob be the fuckin shit
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

'Be Careful What You Wish For' is better than the whole Relapse album IMO
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"