Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do white Nas fans feel about Nigger?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I don't think alot of white people relate to any street music (Some DO. Don't get my words twisted), but I think it just appeals to them. I don't think most people on this site are from any ""Streets"", they probably think the best Wu-Tang songs are the ones where they just spit rhymes like "Hellz Windz Staff" & "Deadly Melody"......But then again I could be wrong alot of whites seem to LOVE Killah Priest.

Organic Poppy Evolves Steel-City Passion's Avatar

I feel that its a strong name for an album, and it took alot of balls on his part to title the album "Nigger"....In this day and age almost nothing is "OVER THE TOP" or looked at as taboo...too many people make a big issue about this racism garbage, and I think people need to just quit being so damn sensitive....everyone thinks one comment or one word describing another race is a HUGE SIN OR A BIG DEAL, LOL its gettin old man...just get the fuck over it and get on with life...If you have that much time in your day that you can get offended by a simple racist comment than you need to fill your schedule up a little better....liberals cry like some bitches for real man....racist people are ignorant people but they arent worth the attention that they get...if people would just ignore racist comments maybe racism would start to fade??????? Nas's title is nas's opinion and I dont see anything wrong with it....He is his own man with his own opinion and rights, let him do his thing and respect this hall of famers swag
    the yellow brick road aint sweet at all / and its hard to live life with too much blood in your alcohol / numb minds combine to make the gulliest hoods / NBC primetime said we're misunderstood

I see it as a Nas album. I'm a big Nas fan, and I feel it was great he touched on the issue of race. I'd say it's his best since Illmatic. Every song was relevent to the issue. My favorite tracks are: America, Sly Fox, Testify, Fried Chicken, Project Roach, Ya'll My Niggas, We're Not Alone. People shit on Make the World Go Round, but it was relevent, it seems Nas was putting out that blacks are "too materialistic" and was doing it from a first person view.

Lace the nations don't have it
    A hatred addict
    I need faces mad with frowns
    When I'm around
    Or I'm wasting the fabric
    I don't feel greater
    To my plush pieces
    'Cause you to suck your teeth
    So mean-mugging on my clean-thugging
    Mean nothing

Another classic album for Nas, whole thing was bangin!

Another average Nas album

Not to mention I thought some of the messages were racist.

You can appreciate something without relating by understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole View Post
    yeah, you drop the science god

them crackers in their recessive jeans could never understand such complex shit as "they say I'm all about murder murder and kill kill / but what about grindhouse and kill bill? / what about cheney and haliburton?". i mean, thats black science right there

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post
    You can appreciate something without relating by understanding.
    True.

The reason I made this thread is I noticed that the Nigger album wasn't really an angry album (minus sly fox) like most political rap albums. You hear alotta "fuck this" and a a slight feeling of anger or a in-your-face style in albums with topics such as Nigger. It's not hard for people who arn't black to appreciate albums like Straight Outta Compton, or It Takes a Nation of Millions. Nigger feels like Nas is talking to black people without being preachy, he just sounds like he's just chillin' with you and it's kind of an uplifting album for black people naw mean? It makes you wanna get a job and pull your pants up rather than throw a black fist or say fuck the police.

Never heard it. Don't plan on hearing it really as I'm not much of a Nas fan anymore. Can pretty much bet that some of its material is anti-white generalizations.

Its funny because Nas is a rich and famous entertainer, livin it up down in Florida or whereever he is.

Im closer to a Nigger these days than Nas is if we wanna get symbolic about the word. Which is what Nas said the word stands for 'anyone can be a nigger' i recall him saying in an interview.

I mean, i feel that to some extent but like Little Sunny said, I can't relate to being black cuz im not black. Simple as that. There are other things I can relate to these days alot more than Nas.

So really, is Nas qualified to talk about this stuff anymore??

He'll be rich and famous much longer than he has been poor and unknown during his life it would seem.
    Look eye, always look eye.

its dumb because 80% of his listeners/fans are white. And he knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    So really, is Nas qualified to talk about this stuff anymore??
    ....About black people?

I think the author of this thread and a lot of the posters have misunderstood the purpose of the word Nigger in the album. and the concept behind it.

Nas isn't talking about black people. He evolving the word. The black man was oppressed under the word 'nigger' and now we, the common/everyday people, are being screwed over by our governments... we are the 'niggers'... white, black, asian.
    "You're not dope enough to spit self glorification."

^Cool you read the Nigger booklet.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

It's missing powerful lyrics. So fuck Nas and everything he does, Nas lost more than Joe Budden ever will.
    bring back begongo!!

lynskey

I must be the only person on this forum that actually dosent give a fuck about lyrics.
    As long as the beat is good and rhymes are flowing I dont care for what they are saying at all. Most rappers talk shit anyway.

is this Tank, from the first Matrix? eloels.