once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could the decrease "black nationalism" in rap be caused by the NOI killing Malcolm?

Default Could the decrease "black nationalism" in rap be caused by the NOI killing Malcolm?

and turning the entire panafrican movement into a joke?

we've gone from

to

how?

I think that when the NOI killed malcolm X, and there was no other leaders to look up to because of the government killing and arresting the rest, gradually black conciousness became a memory in the black community and hip hop is reflexive of that.

what do ya'll think caused social awareness to decrease in hip hop as time went by.

and not even in hip hop, the black community it reflects.

i think, among a lot of things, groups like the Nation of Islam made being pro-black sort of a joke, EXPECIALLY in the black community

making up religions
    always talking about pork like it was keeping you from getting a job
    as well as elijah muhammeds proven sexual molestation, manipulation, threats and pedophilia towards young, sometimes 15 year old, vulnerable black girls.

after all this hit the fan when malcolm exposed the NOI as a pedophilic murderous and criminal organization, it kind of leaves the whole movement as a sham.

then for them to kill malcolm, which i think was strategically stupid, was the coffin in the head.

but black ppl in general think black nationalism is a fucking joke, though they're still proud to be black.

you can see that in hip hop with dipset saying things like
    "I'll smack your kufi off"

(above: he who pops oc over some oxicotton)

and hip hop influenced movies like dont drink your juice having hilarious ass noi psuedoislam characters say hilarious things like

"swine my bruhah"

and

"one fish 2 fish, red fish bloo fish"

Malcolm X died in 1965 lol

Quote Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
    Malcolm X died in 1965 lol
    Don't let facts and a timeline get in the way of a good theory!

I AM HIPHOP

this is true, I must admit that even though I find "nationalism" in general as being a joke, black nationalism has only reached me through the form of entertainment and invented religions which I personally find absolutely hilarious
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55138
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54919
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

hmmm tissa u might be on to something...its no secret that the NOI killed malcom x...everybody knows that..and they used our own to destroy the black panther movement from the inside as well....bu6t truthfully i have givin up on my black people as a whole...its getting harder and harder to defent the retarded shit they do...i hate sounding like charles jones and shit but.......

^LOL.

i've come to the realization that all these movements want black people to almost preform like absolute perfect citizens with a million dollars and straights As so that white ppl won't think we're stupid.

I would never give up on black ppl for doing dumb shit cause everyone does dumb shit and the dumb shit poor black ppl do is the dumb shit all poor ppl do, there just happens to be more poor black ppl

also the black community has made and is making impresive strides towards success, they're the fastest grown entrepeneural group, economic group, increase in college enrollment group and moving the suburbs group, so i say give em 20 years and almost everything will be fine.

But i thinkblack nationalism in the form our parents had died because NOI planted the seeds that would make it a joke like Begononogo said.

99% of black ppl think its a joke as well and thats why, i think, it's stupid to rap about it now.

the NOI started the trend of making up religions invovling aliens and shit, or mutating other ppls religions to less noble more racist forms and most of black nationalism other then the NOI and all that comes from it is not racist or concerned with white ppl other then wanting them to get off their dicks.

Malcolm X realize the NOI was going to hurt the black power movement in the end because it's pedophilic, murderous and criminal ways mixed with its lies and fake Islam was a sham, that's why he converted to real islam and set his mind on different goals, real goals, like uniting Af Americans Carribeans and Africans through a mini UN like forum, teaching black ppl self defense and the value of gun ownership, and teaching them to own businesses more.

but the NOI shot and killed him infront of his children after they bombed his house. Now when Farrakan talks about these things and NOI's goals most black ppl are thinking

"One fish too fish, red fish bloo fish"

ppl act like hip hop abandoned these values, but really its the black community as a whole, and only cause these groups abandonded them.

lol, nice staying out of KTL

im like malcolm...

No artificial sleazy

hahahahahah wtf

y is ghostface never seen without a towel around his neck?

yes, the death of Malcolm left a huge vacuum in Black leadership....EFFECTIVE (at changing af am mindstates) Black leadership.
    but it doesnt stop there. don't forget the Black Panthers. they made some strides at changing mindstates before the FBI infiltrated the organization and basically shut em down.

after that you got crack comin in, and we know where it goes from there.
    obviously this is a broad summary of what happened...

yeah. I also think the 90s rappers were so much more political cause they were raised in the shadow of the dying black nationalist groups.

our generation on the other hand were born at a time they were fully dead, except the NOI which was allowed to survive because the gov. doesn't see it as a threat. With them as the only ones around talking about swine all the damn time when ppl can't find jobs it made the whole movement seem stupid and foolish and rappers reflect that.

i also think greater integration of the cultures has made being a white radical and a black radical irrelevant and bizarre.

Times are different, we have a Black President and a Black family in the white house now , doesn't mean shit changes all of a sudden but at least the image of a so called racist America seem to be gone (I do believe there are still some racist people in America though) , Pro Black was founded as a reaction towards white people who were racist against Black People ....

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

LOL this shit has nothing to do with how you can rhyme on the mic. You gotta be kidding me....LOL